Status: Working on it, guise ~

Bulletproof Heart

5.

-R.R's P.O.V-
I stood there. My feet frozen in their spot. Waiting. I heard rustling, but saw nothing. I was grabbed from behind. A hand was cupped tight over my mouth and I tried to fight against the strong arms holding and pulling me. I bit into the hand of the guy holding me. He groaned in pain as I tasted his blood. He dropped me. I went to kick him when another man grabbed me and threw me on the ground. He stomped on me repeatedly. I felt at least two ribs crack. I saw the little girl look at me with tears in her eyes as I rolled over in pain. He gave me one last kick, this time in the face. I stayed on the ground. I was coughing up blood and trying to catch my breath. "You're a sick bastard, you know?" I said, getting to my feet now. I clutched my right side. He smirked at me. "Ready for round two, sweetheart?" I started to bend over like I was doubled over in pain. Instead, I grabbed my knife and chucked it at him. "Right...between...the...eyes." I said as I walked toward his body. I pulled my knife out of his forehead. The other man started to run, but I jumped on his back and snapped his neck. I fell to the ground and coughed up some more blood. The little girl ran to me and hugged me. I stood up and she grabbed my hand. We walked slower than normal, but kept going.
After awhile I decided to examine my injuries. I had a gash on the right side of my face. Not too deep, but still pretty bad. I had three cracked ribs and cuts and bruises everywhere. My lip was busted, too. I could still taste blood. The little girl had fallen asleep and I was left sitting. I got really light headed. I picked her up and carried her behind a bush so I could lay down. I laid her down and stood back up. I instantly got dizzy. I tried to shake it off, but then... I blacked out.
P.P's P.O.V
We kept running for hours and still nothing. Where could she be? How far could she have gotten? Marvelous was getting just as restless as I was. We were about to take a break when I got a whiff of something in the air. Blood. I looked around. I saw a trail of blood leading to a bush. I followed it. I walked around to find a little girl lying over someone's body, crying. She heard my footsteps and looked up. She cowered down. “I won't hurt you.” I said soothingly. She wiped her tears and looked at the body she had been lying on. I'd recognize that body anywhere. It was Romantic. I bent down and turned her over. She was unconscious. Marvelous stumbled over to the bush as I picked Romantic up and started to carry her. “Is she...” Marvelous had tears in her eyes. “No. She's just unconscious. We have to get her back fast, though, or she will be.” I started walking and then I remembered the kid. I turned around and saw her there, just staring at us. “You comin'?” I smiled at her to let her know that it was okay. She smiled and caught up with me and Marvelous. She grabbed Marvelous' hand and we all started walking in the assumed direction.
We had been walking for hours when we came across a small stream. I sat Romantic down by a rock and ripped a piece of my shirt, which resulted in tearing the whole thing, and got it damp. I started cleaning her wounds. I really wish I could have found her before she got attacked. Seeing her almost dead like this kills me. I started to clean the cut on her face when she started to stir. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked at me. "What are... you... doing here?" She barely had a voice. "I..I.." I stuttered. "We came looking for your stupid ass." Marvelous said, hugging Romantic tight. "I'm glad you're okay." She ruffled Romantic's hair. Romantic looked at me. She looked confused, but then looked away. At least she was okay. The little girl just sat on a rock waiting for me to finish. When I finished cleaning her wounds, the little came over and hugged her tight. She looked really awkward as the girl hugged her, but she relaxed and hugged back. It was a cute sight. "Wow, Romantic. Looks like you DO like kids." Marvelous popped off. Romantic rolled her eyes. "I may be hurt, but that doesn't mean I can't kick your ass." I laughed. "You want some of this, too, Red?" She asked. I put my hands up in a surrender position. Marvelous scoffed. Romantic stood up and threw a punch, missed, and lost balance. I caught her. "Thanks..." She said awkwardly. "C'MON YOU TWO. JUST KISS AND GET THIS OVER WITH." Marvelous yelled. I helped Romantic stand. I glared at Marvelous. Romantic looked out into the open. "We should get back, guys. They're probably worried sick." She tried to take a step and lost balance again. I picked her up bridal style. She blushed. "Put me down, Party." She said. "Nope." I started walking and let out a dramatic sigh. I laughed. Marvelous picked up the little girl and we started walking again.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this one took so long and its kind of just a filler. Hope you enjoy. xx