Are You Locked Up in a World That's Been Planned Out for You?

Chapter twenty seven

I was giggling the next morning, as Eric was walking me to Uncle Raymond and Aunt Yelina’s house.

I didn’t stay out all night without telling my dad, and I didn’t lie about where I was staying. A few days ago I told my dad Millie was porting in Miami and her dad had hired a penthouse and said I could stay after Eric’s prom. Dad even got onto the phone with Millie’s dad who confirmed everything, and dad said I could stay over

I even had enough courage to tell Dad that Eric would be there staying with us. That conversation was interesting.

“You’re actually brave enough to ask me to let you stay the night somewhere there will be a teen male you’re going on a date with?” Dad asked me, raising an eyebrow.

“Well, yeah. It’s not a tiny little hotel room, it’s a three-bedroom penthouse, but the couch is a pullout and Eric said he’d sleep on the pullout. You already said I could stay, I’m being honest. I could have lied to you…” I trailed off, before Dad could start protesting.

“Horatio, she’s a teenager. I’ve honestly never seen a bond like you and your daughter, and as you can see, you can trust her. You and me have both seen the consequences of children with overbearing parents. Trust her, she’ll be alright.” Uncle Raymond piped up, arguing in my favour.

“I suppose you’re right. You’re being completely honest even though you technically don’t have to. With my career you’ve had plenty of chances to sneak out and do naughty things but you’ve been such a good teenager and have never caused me any hassles.” Dad said, giving a sigh to begin with but had a very light and happy tone by the end.

I smiled uneasily. On the positive side I now knew Dad trusted me unconditionally and that felt good, it also meant he still was not suspecting I was up to anything at all, let alone that it was with Mike.

On the downside I felt crappy that Dad had all this trust in me and I was going behind his back on a regular basis. I almost had a boyfriend who was fourteen years my senior and worked with my Dad, and here he was saying he blindly trusted me.

But he did, so I went to Eric’s prom, and Millie’s after party.

Not much happened after the cork in the face incident. More people rocked up, lots of alcohol was consumed. The main event was for the first time in my entire life, I blacked out. I was no stranger to getting drunk, but I was usually looking after Jessica, or didn’t have enough alcohol with me to begin with.

But with no Jessica, and an unlimited supply, I drank loads. I was lucky enough I had a gentleman like Eric to protect me from the harsh drunken realities. He was also able to fill me in. I didn’t do anything that bad, the worst I did was I was going to peel my dress off and go into the hot tub in my underwear with some other people, but he coaxed me away.

Luckily he did not only because everyone at the party would have seen me in my underwear, but apparently earlier on people were having sex in there, eww.

Not too long after that it was bedtime for me, and people were starting to clear out. Millie and Amanda had passed out a while ago and I tried to stay up a bit to overlook, but I was now aware of everything again and I was tired.

Eric gave me some painkillers to preload for tomorrow’s hangover and we went to bed, together.

The great thing is he didn’t make a move, at all. All we did was talk for a while before drifting asleep. I always had meaningful conversations with Eric, but this was the deepest down the rabbit hole we had been.

The topic of sex did end up coming up. Eric told me about how he had many “opportunities” as he was popular in high school, but was waiting for the right girl. It seems conceited for him to say, but at the time, his mannerisms and tones showed he was being sincere. And let’s be honest, he was a very good looking boy. Millie and Amanda said they were “happy for me.

I tried to refrain from thinking about Mike tonight and made sure to not mention him at all. But Eric’s question made me choke, and made me talk about him.

“Have you had sex with Mike?”

That opened the floodgates. I told Eric about how I lost my virginity to him, and how I was a bit tipsy at the time. I told him about how magical it felt, but the next day we had “the let’s not put a label on it” talk.

I could tell Eric was holding back what he really wanted to say, and only held back the criticism to say that Mike should have waited for another time instead of me being tipsy, and should have made his feelings clear about not wanting to be ‘official’ before we did the deed. I retorted by saying he was tipsy himself so he wasn’t preying on me, and I was the one that first stated we’d be casual with that “let the wild ride begin” speech. Eric then swiftly changed the topic.

When we woke up this morning, we stopped by Eric’s house first, as it was near on empty (His mom and dad were doing charity work, two sisters were out, and one was in with a hangover and was out cold) so we could get changed and shower. He lent me a pair of baggy grey sweatpants and a black Nike shirt that was way too big for me, and we made out on his bed in a sweet manner before we got the bus back to Uncle Raymond and Aunt Yelina’s. Eric didn’t want to drive to be on the safe side, he said he might still be over the limit.

The whole walk from the bus stop to the house I was staying at, Eric and I were joking the entire time. We were pushing each other, and laughing a lot. Then, we ended up outside the house.

“I suppose I should let you be to spend time with your family.” Eric said, his smile faltering a little.

“I suppose so. It’s been…nice, though. It was nice to be your girlfriend for a day.” I said to Eric, leaning against the brick wall next to the front door, going giddy for a second.

Eric didn’t reply, but instead engulfed me into a huge, mind-blowing kiss. He pushed me against the brick wall and roughly kissed me. I was used to the sweet kisses I had been getting from Eric over the past day, so it was surprising to get a rough smooch from him.

I took a few seconds to register, but I ended up kissing back just as roughly. Usually when I kissed anyone, I followed their lead. But this time I decided to put as much passion as possible into this kiss. We were both fighting for dominance, and it was scarily amazing. I had never kissed someone with such passion, such thirst and so rough.

We had no signs of stopping, however we heard a loud cough behind us coming from the front doorway. I immediately stopped and saw Uncle Raymond there, grinning.

“I don’t care if you stick your tongue down each other’s throats, but um, Emma, your dad has been coming outside to see if you’re home yet every ten minutes or so. You’re lucky it was me putting the cat out. If you don’t want your dad to see this kind of stuff, just a warning.” Uncle Raymond chuckled, giving Eric a head nod before going back inside.

Eric laughed and shook his head, and took a few steps away from me. I however was unable to move, my mind wasn’t functioning properly as I felt giddy, and I could feel the stupid grin forming on my face.

“I’ll call you later, alright? We’ll plan, um…the rest of our weekend.” Eric said to me, looking awkward all of a sudden.

“Right, sure.” I nodded, not wanting to express any emotions.

“I had such a wonderful time, and I’m so glad I’ve met you, Emma Caine. I couldn’t have asked for a better prom date. My father was right, it will be a night I’ll never forget, and it’s all because of you.” Eric said to me, taking a step forward again and caressing my arm

“The weekend isn’t over yet, let’s plan later, alright? I gotta go let dad know I’m still alive.” I said, rolling my eyes and pointing my thumb behind me towards the door.

Before Eric could say goodbye properly, I quickly gave him a two second smooch before rushing in and closing the door behind me. I heard him chuckle and footsteps moving away, and I leaned outside the front door and smiled for a few moments.

“I take it you had a good night?” Dad asked me, sitting on the couch smirking.

“Best night of my life.” I honestly replied, taking a seat next to him.