‹ Prequel: Taking a Chance
Status: The Second Installment is finally Here!

When We Stand Together

Gently, Softly.

Jeremy doses next to you in the passenger seat as you keep your eyes on the road. The traffic is light and the sooner you can get home and put Jeremy to bed the better. The air had hit him and he had swayed a little, the sudden freshness knocking him off balance as he fought the nausea. You are taking a shortcut from the hospital, through some abandoned streets where burnt out cars and derelict buildings line the street when

Jeremy's husky voice jolts your concentration.

"Stop the car" he grumbles.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm gonna be sick" Jeremy says, his throat working to keep something down.

You stop the car and his seatbelt is already undone. You watch him as he quickly clambers out the car and stumbles, gagging into the gutter. He falls to his knees and leans on his hands as he vomits, deep wretching from his gut. He's sick about seven times before he dry wretches, groaning.

You are out of the car and rubbing his back, feeling his body tremble as he spits out saliva.

"You okay?" You ask and you know it's a stupid question.

He nods and stumbles to his feet, almost falling into you.

"Come on, let's get you home"

Two Weeks Later

Over the last two weeks you have noticed a considerable change in Jeremy and it worries you. He is no longer as charming and has become humourless, opting to hide away under the covers and only venturing out when he really had to and that was on treatment days. Jeremy is not just physically pained; suffering from the aches and pains and sickness from treatment, but is mentally suffering too. You can't even recall the last time he had kissed you or wrapped you in his arms without needing to let go. This treatment may save his life, you know that, but at what cost?

"Do you want some cereal?" You ask, leaning into the cupboard for the box of cornflakes."Jer?"

You throw the dish towel at his head and he looks up at you, his expression tired and his focus is lazy.

"Do you want some cereal?" You ask again.

"Not hungry" He mumbles and rests his hands around his coffee cup.

Since starting the treatment he's been feeling cold and lifeless all the time, and he says the cold aching is deep in his bones.

"Baby, you need to eat something or you're going to end up making yourself ill"

"I can't eat if I'm not hungry." He replies, shivering underneath the sweater he had pulled out from his wardrobe at three in the morning.

"Okay" You reply."But promise me you'll eat something later"

"I promise" he replies and wraps his arms around you for the first time in days.

His lips and nose nuzzle behind your ear and the feeling of his breath makes you shiver.

"What's your plans today?"

"I need to go into town and get some groceries and then stop by the shop. Michelle needs some photographs redeveloped from a USB stick" You reply.

The feelings of his lips kissing down your neck as his fingers ghost over the smooth skin of your stomach quickly drives you insane.

"I thought maybe you would want to spend some time together. Watch a movie or something"

"That sounds like a great idea" You reply."On one condition, though"

"Anything"

"We go to bed and relax" You turn around so you are facing him and gently you kiss him."Go choose a movie and I'll be there in a second"

You lean back into Jeremy's warmth and he tucks an arm around your waist, pressing a kiss to the palm of your hand that's stroking his cheek. All through the movie he had been growing hard against you and he had shifted uncomfortably a few times, trying to distance himself from your body.

You turn around to face him and he briefly takes his eyes off the screen to look at you.

"What?" He asks, oblivious.

"You've had a hard-on for the last twenty minutes and you haven't tried anything"

"I uh...wanted to see how long it would last" He stutters and turns red."I just don't want to let you down"

"Jer, you could never let me down"

His fingers run over your shoulder and up the side of your neck, his thumb running over the length of your bottom lip. His eyes are staring intently at your lips.

You cup his cheek and guide his lips to yours and they're a little dry and he needs to shave. You can feel what he's trying to say in the kiss and you feel the roughness of his palm of his caressing your shoulder.

"And what if I can't stay up?" He whispers."Then what?"

You can feel his eyes searching yours and you don't know if that is going to happen or if it's just a fear he has.

"We go to plan B"

"What's plan B?" He asks, his eyebrows furrowing.

"You'll find out if comes to it"

You pull his t-shirt over his head and push him back onto the bed, straddling his waist as you kiss him deeply. His hands grope your ass, grinding you against him

In a few short moves you are both undressed and you are sliding down his body. You stroke him gently a few times and he hisses, groaning as you blow a breath of air on his heated skin. You are about to take him into your mouth when he abruptly stops you.

"Wait, wait, wait" He says quickly, practically pushing your away from him and you continue pumping him."We gotta...shit....stop."

You continue to work him over with
your hands and you have to press down on his hips to stop him from bucking you right off the bed.
Jeremy can't even string a few words together as you work him.
You watch the way his chest starts to heave and the way the ligaments and veins stretch in his neck, the hollow of his throat collecting sweat.

"Susie" He moans and the rest of his words are incoherent."Susie. Fuck....Fuck, stop"

His big hands wrap around your wrists and you look up at him with a grin.

"What?" You ask innocently.

"Jesus, I didn't think you were going to stop" he replies with a relaxed smile, looking down at you between his knees."We need to use a condom, remember, baby?"

"I forgot" You admit, wishing you both didn't have to use one.

Jeremy sits up on the edge of the bed, swinging his legs slowly over the side and you watch as he rubs muscles in the small of his back.

"Are you okay?" You ask, moving to sit next to him."Come on, tell me what's wrong with your back"

"I'm just achy, that's all."

"Do you want your anti-inflamitories and painkillers?" You ask and you're ready to do anything he asks you to do.

If he asked you, you would walk in front of a speeding car or walk straight off the end of a cliff.

"I'm okay. Do you remember where
I put the condoms?"

"Top drawer" You reply."Are you sure you're up to this?"

Your eyes follow his hands as he lazily strokes himself and tears open the foil package. He shivers as he slides it on and he shakes his head.

"You won't like it" He says, the corner of his mouth giving away his amusement.

"I'm sure I can deal with it" You say against his ear, your hand cradling his balls as you gently push him back onto the bed.

Once he is settled, you lower your down onto him and you watch as his eyes threaten to close.

"How's that?" You ask, a trembling whimper breaking through your concern.

"Good. I'm good" He replies, hissing.

His rough hands move from your thighs and splay over your flat stomach and sides,moving up to cup your full breasts. His fingers tease your nipples and you squirm as he pinches them. His hand caresses your neck and pulls you down for a searing hot kiss that is still tender in it's own way. The sounds he's making beneath you makes your stomach flip with excitement.

Jeremy let's out a whimper and you heavy lidded eyes snap open in concern.

"Jer?" You say, breathlessly."Baby, what's wrong? Is it your stomach?"

"This way isn't any good." He grumbles.

"How are you comfortable?" You ask.

"On my side"

"Then we'll spoon." You say, pressing your lips to his forehead.

"Are you sure?" He asks and he's well aware that you have your preferences, but right now it isn't about that. It's about somethin else entirely.

"Baby, you can have me any way you want me" You reply, kissing his nose and moving so you are on your side.

"I know this isn't...ideal" He mumbles against your ear, pressing a kiss to your head.

"Jeremy, I love you"

"I love you too, mama." He kisses
your neck as he slides himself inbetween your parted legs.

From this position, he feels good and with every smooth thrust he's tapping against your g-spot and you quickly feel your orgasm building low in your body. One hand palms your breasts and the other slides down inbetween your thighs, teasing your clit and the panting and moaning in your ear is pushing you closer to the edge. Moans vibrate from Jeremy's chest to your own as his lips kiss and suck, his tongue lapping at the skin where he has nipped with his teeth and you know he's trying to his best.

"Oh god, Jeremy" You feel that warm pool of pleasure build until you can't take it anymore and you subconsciously push back into him.

Jeremy tenses inside of you and let's out a throaty moan and grunt as his release washes over him and it feels strange to not have him empty inside of you. Breathlessly, you slide away from him and turn to face him in his arms. He looks exhausted and you kiss him softly and deeply.

"I love you" He whispers.