‹ Prequel: Taking a Chance
Status: The Second Installment is finally Here!

When We Stand Together

Losing Face

Your chat over lunch with Michelle had struck several chords with you and after confessing your fears to Jeremy, you actually did feel better in yourself, but you still couldn't help but think of the worst case scenarios. The worst case scenario for you and Jeremy was that the chemotherapy didn't work and you hadn't got any further forward in your thoughts with that, because you didn't want your nightmare to become a reality.

***

"What you working on?"

You physically jump and close down the page on your laptop, bringing up another page as Jeremy settles down on the sofa next to you with a groan. He hooks his arm over the back of the sofa and yawns, blinking his eyes wide a few times, trying to wake up a little.

"Just my finances" You reply.

"Everything okay?" He asks and you lean into him, resting your head on his chest and you stroke his light patch of chest hair.

"Everything's just fine" You reply and you press your lips against his skin.

Jeremy's stomach rumbles loudly over the hum of your laptop and the noise of the TV.

"Hungry?" You ask.

"A little." He replies.

"Come on, I'll make you something."
You take his hand and lead him into the kitchen, pulling out a chair for him to sit down in. Opening the fridge, you wonder what you could make with relative ease since it's gone eight.

"What do you want?" You ask, glancing over your shoulder at Jeremy.

His lips are fixed in a kissable pout and it's sorely tempting to just grab his face between your hands.

"How about....." You run the contents of your kitchen through your mind."A bacon sandwich?"

"Mmm that sounds really good"

"I thought that would do it for you" You giggle and grab the bacon from the freezer.

While you cook the bacon, Jeremy butters some bread and grabs the bottle of HP sauce from the cupboard, the one he always bought himself because you always forgot.

"I don't know how you can eat that stuff?" You say suddenly, making a face in disgust at the condiment.

"What?" He asks with a broad smile."This stuff is amazing."

"You're making it sound better than it is"

"Have you tried it?" He asks seriously.

"No I haven't, but the smell's bad enough."

You watch as Jeremy squirts a blob of the brown sauce onto the pad of his finger.

"Try it"

"No" You argue, giggling as he wraps an arm around your waist and practically pins you against the counter from behind.

"Come on, just try it."

"Fine" You say in defeat and a shiver crawls over your skin as you suck the sauce from his finger.

You can feel Jeremy's eyes watch your lips as they slide over the tip of his finger and even though the sauce is gone, you flick your tongue over the tip. He let's out an audible groan and you glance at him and you suck a little harder and even though his eyes are closed, they flutter and his mouth falls open slightly with a hard swallow.

Reaching behind you, you gently drag your fingers up his thigh and toy with the edge of his boxers and because he's starting to come to life, you massage him gently with the heel of your hand. It's a good sign and you know it bothers him when he can't.

Grabbing his hips, you turn him around so he is the one pinned in against you. Sliding your hand down the waistband of his boxers, you stroke him softly, teasing him. As he let's out a soft moan, you swallow it as your tongue slides into his mouth and his thumb caresses over your throat and cheek. His touch is so gentle and soft, so purposeful and comforting that you savour it.

Jeremy starts rocking his hips and he's hot and heavy in your hand, becoming breathless and you are kissing him softly and deeply.
Jeremy suddenly pulls away and pushes past you, walking briskly into the bathroom and the slam of the door and running water fills your ears. All the relevant information finally processes and you realise what has happened.

By the time you have cleaned up the kitchen and discarded the food into the trash, Jeremy has emerged from the bathroom and slipped silently into bed. He had been doing that a lot recently, hiding in the bathroom with the taps running or with the shower on while he buried his face in his hands. Since starting the treatment, you had never once seen him break down emotionally, but you knew he was doing it.

You slide into bed and turn to face Jeremy who is lying on his side with his back to you. You gently stroke his bicep and shoulder, and he recoils at your touch.

"Jeremy?" You ask into the darkness and you feel his body shudder slightly."Oh baby, c'mere"

You pull Jeremy towards you and his torso is against yours, his head nestled on the upper part of your stomach as you stroke his head and neck. You can feel his tears soaking through the material of your pyjama top, his hands already fisting in it and you can feel his whole body shaking.

"Susie, I'm sorry, i-"

"Shhh" You coo softly."It's okay. It's all going to be okay, baby. Try and get some sleep, okay?"

Jeremy nods against you and pull the duvet over his bare shoulders.

"Go to sleep, baby. It's going to be fine"
♠ ♠ ♠
To the silent readers.....please can you give some feedback?