‹ Prequel: Taking a Chance
Status: The Second Installment is finally Here!

When We Stand Together

Valerie Renner

Meeting Valerie Renner for the first time in many years had been emotional because she had become a kind of second mother while you and Jeremy grew up. Your relationship with your mother was at the best of times volatile and you had spent some of your teenage years confiding in Valerie. She was the woman who told you that boys would break your heart a thousand times over before you met the boy you would marry. Up until you met Jeremy, you didn't believe it. Sometimes you still can't quite believe it, that you and Jeremy have finally got together.

You and Valerie are sitting at the marble breakfast bar, chatting quite happily over a pot of freshly brewed tea and some baked cookies. You are surprised that Jeremy isn't sitting next to you devouring the whole plate, but shortly after arriving he had retreated upstairs for a nap. On the flight, Jeremy had made a desperate dash to the toilet and spent some time in there before returning to his seat.

"When Jeremy told me you two got together I was over the moon" Valerie says excitedly."I still am."

"He did say you were happy about it. He also said you had told him years ago to ask me out" You say coyly, sipping your tea.

"I think it's been the only time he's never listened to what I had to say. Susie, I hope I'm not going to bring up bad memories, but I feel I need to say something about what happened. I'm so sorry you had to go through that and I wish I could have done something to help"

You nod, silently. You should have known being here would spark up those memories.

"You knew?" Valerie nods."And Jeremy didn't?"

"Your mother told me a few weeks after you left for Los Angeles. I didn't tell Jeremy because he didn't need to know. I didn't want to be part of the rumour mill." She says sadly."And I couldn't do that as a parent. I knew, all those years ago that Jeremy felt something for you and I knew if he ever found out he would hunt him down. Please don't think any less of me"

"Valerie, I could never think that. Right now, I'm glad you didn't." You squeeze her hand and give her a reassuring smile.

"I'm surprised Jeremy hasn't made himself sick on cookies like he usually does" She says, laughing and wiping the stray tear from her eye.

"His appetite hasn't been great" You say, sighing.

The less he eats the more you worry. You go on to tell Valerie that Jeremy had passed out from his blood sugar being too low and the reason he's ill is because of some bacterial infection in his gut.

"I'm sure between us we will nurse him back to health" She says with a wink."I'm going to make a start on this stew. Why don't you go have a nap. I'll call you both when dinner is ready"

"I think I'll do that" You say, stifling
a yawn.

The carpet is plush underneath your bare feet and you can't resist spreading your toes over the fibres. The curtains have been drawn across the windows, Jeremy's clothes folded neatly on the chair in the corner. You watch Jeremy as he sleeps on his side, the sheet trapped underneath his arm. You can see he has already picked his side of the bed. You crawl up the bed and lay your head down next to his, your fingers gently playing with the hair at his temple. His eyes slowly open and he smiles when he realises you are there.

"You and mom have a nice chat?" He asks, his hand covering yours as you stroke his cheek.

"We did" You reply."Your mom sent me up here for a nap"

"You do look pretty tired" he says, kissing the palm of your hand and inside of your wrist."You okay?"

"I'm fine,baby."

"Good" He says, kissing you softly and wraps his arms around you, pulling you closer.

You run your hand up his side, up his neck and across his shoulder. Jeremy rolls on top of you, lying inbetween your legs as he deepens the kiss. He tastes and smells and feels so good, and you can feel his hand wandering up and down your thigh. You brush your hand over his crotch and you can feel how hard he is. He licks across your neck, nipping lightly at your skin.

"Jeremy." You giggle" Your mom is downstairs"

"And?" He asks, grinning.

"She'll hear us"

Jeremy let's out a hearty chuckle and pecks your lips, smiling still.

"We never got to do this when we were kids." He says against your neck, biting slightly and you are sure there will be a noticeable mark.

You let out a moan as his fingers unbutton your jeans.

"You are going to get us caught" he says in a matter of fact tone.

Jeremy leads you into the sitting room by the hand and you both flop down into the sofa, feeling exhausted after your romp upstairs.
The delicious smells of whatever Valerie is cooking makes both your stomach rumbles in hunger. Valerie gets up from the armchair and pats Jeremy's shoulder, leaning between your heads so you can both hear what she has to say.

"Those were clean sheets you know"

You want the ground to swallow you right there while Jeremy softly chuckles and shakes his head. Clearly Valerie had heard what you and Jeremy had been up to.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you want the next part...I need comments!