Do Or Die!

Second Guessing

Billie sprinted down the alley ways trying to escape the horrible voice that seemed to follow him where ever he went. Finally after thinking he lost the voices tomenting comments he stopped, short of breath. He leaned his back agaisnt the cold brick wall that rose up at his side. He leaned over off of the wall and rested his hands on his knees staring at the ground. He took deep breaths trying to regain the ones from which he lost. He took one deep breath and held it for a little trying to hear if anything was still following him. From behind him he heard a shallow breathing and felt hot air on the back of his neck. He flipped around only to face the wall which he had been previously leaning on. Nothing was there, but just to be sure he backed up to examine it, but stopped as he ran into something that wasn't the other brick wall. He froze and flipped around once again.

Billie shot forward. He was in his bed, his wife right next to him. 'It was just a dream,' he thought. He looked over to Adrienne and sighed in relief. He brushed a bit of hair away from her face and kissed her cheek before getting up. He walked down the stairs and into the kitchen where a fresh pot of coffee was waiting for him. He got a coffee-cup out of the cupboard and poared himself some. He sat down at the counter, coffee in hand and thought. 'Was it just a dream?"

"Afraid not Billie boy." He heard, "Just because you can't touch me doesn't mean I can't touch you or your wife." Billie sighed.

"Why won't you leave me alone?" Billie asked this time not getting angry, "Do what ever you want with me just leave my family and my friends out of this."

"Billie, Billie, Billie, you see I can't do that. I'm under orders from a certain person to make your life a living hell," Jimmy answered.

"Can't you give me a break for a little bit? I don't want people thinking I'm going insane. Which at the moment I'm starting to believe myself," Billie begged.

Jimmy sighed and appeared across the counter from Billie, Jimmy's elbows resting on it and his head in his hands. His eyes were looking directly at Billie trying to figure out if this was a trick or not.

"You know what? Fine. This is the last day that you will have of sanity. But make it worth it because tomorrow at noon I will be back," Jimmy said, snapped his fingers, and vanished.

Adrienne came into the kitchen, still in her pajamas.

"Who were you talking to?" she asked seeing Billie sitting at the counter.

"Huh?" He noticed her and rose his head, "Oh nobody. I was uhh... just talking on the phone."

"But the phones in the living room." She eyed him suspiciously and put a hand on his unnaturally cold shoulder.

"Well Adrienne," Billie started, "I have to meet Mike and Tre in an hour, so I'm going to go take a shower." He said getting up. And for the first time things felt normal. For now at least...