Do Or Die!

Peace, Love and Everything In Between

After Billie’s shower he walked down stairs into the kitchen to see his had gone to work. He grabbed his keys off of the kitchen table and walked to the door, peering outside before opening it. After getting in his car and driving ten minutes, he couldn’t help but wonder if Jimmy was really gone, or if he was just listening and watching, waiting for Billie to mess up. He slammed on his breaks, after nearly running a red light and colliding with oncoming traffic. This day wasn’t going to be a normal one.

He met Mike and Tre at the café Mike owns. They sat in one of the booths and discussed business plans. Billie seemed passive and out of it, taking in people as they walked in and jumping once or twice when it was someone that looked like Jimmy. He gave up staring at people and fiddled with the spoon in his coffee.

“Did you get that Billie?” He heard and looked up across the table at Tre and Mike, who were staring at him in a concerned manor

“What?” He asked, “I’m sorry, I am really out of his morning. There’s been a lot going on lately.”

“No big deal,” Tre replied, “we were just wondering if you were going to make it to the faculty party on Wednesday or not?”

“Umm.. Yeah, I think so. Err, I don’t know, I’ll have to look at my schedule when I get home and let you know.” He again looked down at his hand and started fidgeting with them. He then noticed the time his watch read and sprang out of his seat. “I have to run, I’m sorry. I’ll call you and let you know. Thanks for the coffee!” He exclaimed and ran out the door to his car and drove off.