Status: In-progress. Love comments :D

Me! Fall in Love? HA!!

Tears

So there was a guy, and this guy was easily the most beautiful guy anyone has ever seen in the history of the world, no joke. All I could do was stare. There is no way this is really happening! I am in his arms and he is leaning in to touch his lips to mine, I sigh while leaning in.
“Lexis,” he sighed in a voice that in no way could be his voice. “Lexis, time to wake up,” he said in an unwanted familiar voice. I shook my head trying to keep this hot guy in front of me. I’m so close to his lips…
“ALEXIS VETER!” the voice yelled, and I suddenly I was freezing. I started to shiver uncontrollably, and my eyes fluttered open. There right beside my face was my mom holding my favorite wool blanket. She glared at me while I willed my eyes to get use to the sudden brightness.
“Mom,” I whined, “was that completely necessary?” I hated when she did this.
“Yes,” she answered exasperatedly, “considering you have five minutes till your ride is here!”
“Oh SNAP!” I yelled glancing at my alarm, mom was right! I jumped up, running past Mom and heading straight to the bathroom. I beat my record and was ready in three minutes, teeth brushed and hair in a messy ponytail, running downstairs hoping Mom had at least a slice of toast ready. I froze when I landed my jump off the last three steps.
I smelled bacon and eggs, my favorite breakfast but that makes no sense taking in account that I don’t even have time to make myself a slice of toast.
“Mom,” I said walking into the kitchen, “I don’t have time to eat a huge meal Alicia is going to be here at any moment.” She giggled and motioned for me to check my watch. I still had an hour.
I glared at the one person who was supposed to be nice to me. “You said you wanted to make sure you weren’t late,” she answered my angry unspoken question. I would have probably yelled at her if I wasn’t so tired and if she hadn’t reminded me why I was dreading this day.
I sighed. Today was my last day here, ever. I love Washington State, I love the rainclouds and the constant grey, and it’s pretty. I love being able to dance in the pouring rain almost whenever I wanted. Most people think that it’s depressing here but I find it as the happiest place on Earth. My plan is to come back here, for college, and to raise a family. My mom isn’t happy with my plan but what are you going to do?
We moved here eight years ago, and I practically lived in the rain, but Mom eventually got tired of the inside her house always being as wet and muddy as outside. Though every once in a while I still sneak it. Unfortunately though, my Nana, my favorite of my grandmas, had a stroke. So on one side I’m angry about having to move on the other side, I miss Nana and I’m glad I will be able to take care of her.
Hearing my sigh, Mom started in her lecture again. “Honey, please understand, we have to…”
“I get it Mom,” I interrupted her. She looked at me like she was trying to see if I was lying. I scarfed down my meal. “Mom I’m going to go make sure I have everything, do you have the notes?” My Mom is seriously the best. Since she felt so bad about us leaving, especially in the middle of the school year, she wrote me and my best friend for forever each a note to get out of our classes so we could spend my last day together.
She nodded and handed them to me, still worrying. I rolled my eyes and went upstairs to grab the last things of my school supplies and make sure my room was nice. We were renting out the house, so everything had to be in tip top shape. It was weird seeing all my stuff stripped off the walls and the whole room super clean. I checked my watch and put my alarm clock in my suitcase. In my last twenty minutes I just sat around my old room drowned in memories, but no tears came. Tears came at only very special moments.
Hearing the doorbell I made my way downstairs, when I opened the door there stood my best friend, Alicia. She had the same ratty sweatshirt on, with her curly brown hair in a ponytail and hands in her jeans; she was easily the beautiful one of the two of us. Her gorgeous brown eyes were full of tears.
“Oh Lex!” she said when she saw me, taking me into a huge bear hug.
I hugged her back till it got a little awkward. “Can’t breathe,” I choked dramatically.
“Liar,” she said wiping her tears.
“Oh I don’t know I could pass out from lack of oxygen right now,” I said shaking my head. “I’m just going to say good bye to the house, then I’ll be ready to go,” I told her. She nodded understandingly. I went to every room taking a good two minutes in each before I finally was done.
“Bye Lexis,” my mom called, “See you in a couple hours.” I waved and got in the car with Alicia.

After we got my stuff from the school, we decided to hang at the mall, where we had practically lived our sophomore year. We went straight to Starbucks, as was our tradition, and ordered some hot chocolate. Walking around the stores we talked about anything except for me leaving.
“Oh that guy is super cute!” I would say and she would go along.
“That may be so but if I had to choose between your guy, and that guy over there, my guy would totally win. But I’m also like completely in love with the one by that snotty looking girl.” It was just a little game we played when we had nothing else to talk about, but we couldn’t avoid the subject forever.
Sitting down over the hamburgers we just bought, we were both unusually quiet. We both knew it was time to say good bye.
“I promise to call you every day,” I said, breaking the silence. “I’ll start by when we stop for the night.”
She nodded; “If you don’t call by midnight I will call you!” she said making a threat as much as a promise. I giggled and sighed. Goodbyes are so hard.
“Oh and when I come to visit you,” she started, “you must know at least a couple of cute guys!” She was obsessed with guys, like I have never even been on a date, while she has already been proposed to. “And,” she went on before I could comment, “no matter how many friends you make I will always be your BFF, ok?!” she glared at me making sure I got the picture.
“I get it!” I sighed, such a drama queen, but you got to love her! “But same goes with you, no replacing me! Got it?”
“No one in the world could replace you, but just in case I promise.”
“I promise too!” I replied hugging her.

We drove to my house in silence, and tears started to pour down her face when we saw my mom in her car waiting, all the lights in our house off. While I was getting out of the car, Alicia ran over to mom’s door and moved aside so mom could get out. The moment she was free Alicia pulled her into a huge hug. When they let go mom kissed both of her tear stained cheeks and whispered something in her ear, presumably a goodbye before returning to the driver seat.
She walked to me slowly, dragging her feet. I opened my arms and took the last step before giving her a good-bye hug. She sobbed on my shoulder and for the first time in a long time, my eyes started to water. My mom honked the horn, and we said our last good byes before I got in the car and we drove away leaving Alicia, my one forever friend, crying in the driveway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey to those of you that are willing to give this a chance. I’m so nervous this idea just popped in my head after seeing a post on Facebook. I know that this is not the best chapter, but I will warn you right now that the romance will most likely be cheesy because all of my “experience” comes from books, movies, and music. I will be dedicating all of my chapters to a different song, movie, or book per chapter. Thank you for reading and this chapter is for the movie The Parent Trap with Lindsey Lohan. The part where at the end Annie and their mom leave to go back to London.