Status: In-progress. Love comments :D

Me! Fall in Love? HA!!

Two Besties Meet

Two Besties Meet

The rest of the trip was a bore. I mean the most exciting thing that happened was the “stalker call” as I like to call it. Great name I know. I even put his number in my phone under “STALKER!” I spent most of my time on my phone and my iPod. I had some books with me, but after awhile reading in the car made me dizzy and lightheaded so it was a waste. After that terrible trip to Aunt Desiree’s, we hit the road again and just kept going.
Seriously we didn’t stop at all, except for the occasional breaks to rest for about an hour, get gas, eat, drink, and pee. Like really, I now know what it’s like to have to fend for myself, survival of the fitness! I don’t see how the cavemen did it for so long, I can barely do it for a couple of days! Ok, so maybe it wasn’t nearly that bad, but it sounded good.
But yeah, because we had a little time to rest, I took it upon myself to nap for mom and myself so we aren’t so tired. Strangely it didn’t work for Mom; I have no idea why though. Hmmm, oh well, at least it worked for me. It worked so well in fact that by the time we got to Nana’s house, I was napping, as to make double sure Mom could make it the last couple of miles. I know, I know, I am such a wonderful daughter.
“Lex,” I heard vaguely. “Alexis, come on baby, time to go in.” I groaned and turned my head away from the sound of my mother’s voice, falling back to sleep. “Oh, come on I know you’re tired, so am I, but I am still going to at least say hi to Nana before passing out. Plus we can leave the stuff out here till tomorrow!” she pleaded.
“I’ll say hello to Nana tomorrow too, goodnight,” I replied without even opening my eyes.
“Fine, you win,” my mom sighed in defeat; I would have smiled if I wasn’t so tired. “At least I get to sleep in a nice warm bed tonight instead of the cold car, which is a relief!” My imaginary smile was wiped away at those words; I peeked at her through my eyelashes, to find she was looking at me with one eyebrow raised.
Ugh, she knows my weakness! “Ok, ok! I’m on my way!” I told her, my eyes slipping closed in a yawn.
“I’ll meet you inside,” she said smugly before getting out and shutting the door.
I slumped back into my seat. Just get to the door! Just get to the door! I chanted to myself.
I got up and out of the car, sighed, and started to head towards the familiar front door. I grasped the doorknob, paused before opening the door into my new, old home.
“ALEXIS!” my mom groaned loudly enough to make me jump awake. I yelped as the seatbelt restrained me. “I thought you were coming inside!” Mom said while she shook her head.
“But I did!” I told her tiredly and undid the seatbelt that held me to the seat.
“Uh, no you didn’t, you’re still in the car,” she said exasperatedly.
“No, no! I did! I swear!” I replied before I closed my eyes and let sleep take me.
I woke several hours later to somebody walking by the car over and over again. I searched for my iPod in a huge blanket that was laid on top of me. I found it after a while and turned it on to shuffle, before I fell back to sleep.
I don’t know how late it was when I was awoken again, although this time it was by some annoying person opening the door and yanking the blanket off of me. Unfortunately my iPod was entangled in it so my ear buds were ripped out of my ears. Before I could yell at whoever did it or even open my eyes to see if it was my mom or nana that betrayed me, I was lifted out of the car and thrown over somebody’s shoulder. The first thought that went through my head besides; ‘I’m going to kill!’ was that neither Mom nor Nana was strong enough to throw me around like this!
“So…” a deep voice came from above (considering I was still upside down) that definitely didn’t come from Nana or Mom. For the first time I was woken up, I opened my eyes and all I saw was light blue fabric. “Where should I put this piece of junk?” the same voice asked.
I gasped! Who does this person think he is?! In the background I heard Nana and Mom laughing with the stranger. TRAITORS! I started to hit the blue fabric and kick my legs wildly as hard as I could, which made my family laugh even harder but silenced the guy, who was trying to restrain me.
“Whoa! Ok, I’ll put you down; just stop trying to break my back!” the guy told me, his voice strained. I stopped struggling. “Geez Alex, when did you get so strong?” he muttered when he set me down. I froze. Only one person had ever called me that. My mom had complained it was a boy’s name, but that’s what he like about it…
“Cammie, is that you?” I practically screeched, he nodded and I screamed. “Oh my Gary,” I cried before jumping back into his arms to give him probably the biggest arms, this time to give him probably the biggest hug he had ever received.
He laughed as he hugged me tightly back. “I can’t believe you still use that,” he said shaking his head. His uncle Gary used to insist that instead of using the Lord’s name in vain, we should use his name in vain. ‘Gives a whole new meaning to OMG,” Cameron (or Cammie) had joked.
“Of course I do,” I replied before using all my strength to push him back.
“Ow! What was that for?” he exclaimed rubbing where my hands had hit him.
“Big baby, that was for waking me up from a great dream! And so I can get a good look at you,” I said rolling my eyes.
“Oh so you just want to check me out?” he asked and tauntingly raised his eyebrows.
“Yep, definitely,” I told him in complete seriousness, he cocked his head questionably. “Well, I want to see if you can still fit my dresses,” I teased. He gasped and started to reply before I interrupted using my best version of Aunt Desiree’s voice saying, “Now, now Cameron, you really shouldn’t talk so much, especially if you ever want a girlfriend,” I switched back to my regular voice and continued, “Now turn.” I did a twirling gesture with my fingers.
“But…” he started; I gave him the look Aunt Desiree gives him when she wants him to shut his piehole. Oh and in case you couldn’t tell, Desiree has met Cammie, in fact Desiree loves Cammie. She always tried to get him to do everything perfectly, even if it meant ditching his best friend. Truthfully that’s what really made me hate her. I dealt with the fact that I didn’t get present’s when she came, and I was a spoiled brat in her eyes. She would always give Cammie special attention and advice, but when she told him he should ditch me because I wasn’t near as smart or as good as him and I was holding him back, that was the last straw. I’ve hated her ever since, as has Cammie, who had started to spin slowly as I had ordered.
To say he had changed…a lot…would be an understatement. Cammie, besides growing ten feet taller, had grown some stubble, his hair had gone from light blond to dirty blonde, and he now had big muscles. Not the kind of a body builder, but the kind that someone who plays high school football would.
He still had some of the same feature he had when he was five though. He still had the same chocolate brown eyes and thin lips. He was wearing a light blue button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, old blue jeans, and converse. Undeniably he was hot, but I didn’t find that detail important.
“Ok, your turn,” he said when he had finished twirling.
“Um no,” I told him.
“Um why not,” he asked trying to mimic my voice.
I giggled. “Because I haven’t had a shower or changed my clothes in days, plus I am pretty sure my hair looks like a rat’s nest.”
“Well,” he glanced at my hair, “I was going to say anything but…” he turned away, plugged his nose, and started to wave the air away from his face. I punched him in the shoulder, stuck my tongue out, and turned to head inside. I noticed Mom and Nana had left to give Cammie and I a private reunion, and for that I was happy, my mom would kill me if she saw that punch. Why? Well let’s say violence is the one sure way to get her angry.
Before I walked inside my phone buzzed, alerting me that Alicia sent me a text. I stop and take out my phone. ‘Good Morning,’ it said.
‘You mean afternoon,’ I replied.
‘Haha, maybe for you but for us normal peeps in WA it is only 9:30 am,’ I receive after a couple of seconds.
‘Lol,’ I type, but before I can press send my phone is snatched out of my hand.
“And, who may I ask is Alicia?” I spun around to face Cameron while he messes with my phone.
“What are you doing?” I ask. “Give me my phone back!”
He ignores me and puts the phone to his ear. I jumped up to grab it but he turned to the side and kept me at arm’s length while he obviously stood waiting for the phone to ring. I hear Alicia answer and suddenly feel a tightening in my stomach, my two best friends are about to meet over the phone, what if they don’t like each other. I push that thought aside and try to yell at Alicia to not answer but Cameron just covered my mouth, put the phone on speaker, and greeted my other best friend.
“Hello, are you Alicia?” he asked.
“Um, yes who is this and where is Lex?” I hear her answer cautiously. I licked Cameron’s hand but he doesn’t budge.
“Oh she is here, but she won’t stop screaming at me to hand the phone back, so I am covering her mouth. It is very big don’t you think?” I bit his hand. “Ahh,” he shouted uncovering my mouth, “and she just bit me!” He turned to me, “You naughty, naughty girl.”
And what did I do? I did what any reasonable person would. I jumped on him, claws out, and tried to reach my phone. “GIVE IT BACK!” I yelled, as I reached for my phone with one hand and dug my nails into his shoulder with the other. He held the phone away from us and tried to get me to release my grip. I could hear Alicia laughing in the background.
“Dang girl, stop trying to cut into my flesh!” he howled, then turned in the direction of my cell phone. “How do you get a Alexia to let go?” he yelled to Alicia.
I jumped away as I heard her reply, “TICKLE HER!” she yelled.
“AHA!” exclaimed Cammie, as he rolled his shoulders and brought my phone closer. “I now know your secret!” he taunted me before he thanked my supposed best friend.
She laughed. “No problem. Now, hand Lexie the phone so she can properly introduce us.” I rolled my eyes, at the phone. Of course Alicia wants to be treated like she is here.
Cammie looked at me and handed me the phone as if daring me to try something funny.
“Alicia!” I yell when I finally have my phone back. “How could you tell him that? Now he will never let me get away with anything!”
“I didn’t see the problem with it,” she replies not bothering to hide the smile in her voice.
“You’re not the one who has to live here!” I growl.
“Nope, that’s what you get for abandoning me,” I heard her say and I immediately feel guilty and try to apologize, once again. And, once again she laughed it off. “Goodness, I am only teasing!” but I still felt terrible.
“So,” she says trying to lighten the mood, “Are you going to introduce me to your new friend? He sounds cute.” It worked; I laughed and looked over at Cammie who was now looking at his shoe. It was a good thing I turned off the speaker phone.
“He isn’t a new friend,” I laughed as Cammie’s head shot up, knowing we were talking about him, “I have known him longer than I have you.” I said.
I could practically hear her roll her eyes. “Doesn’t matter; just introduce me to your future boyfriend.”
I gagged. Cameron watched me curiously. “Ew, he is not my future boyfriend!” Alicia laughed and Cameron turned bright red. “And now you’ve made him blush!” I scolded which made her laugh harder. I turned the speaker phone back on.
“Ok,” I said, “the speaker phone is on, can you hear me?”
“Whatcha say?” she yelled and I knew she could hear me just fine.
“Cameron,” I said looking at him, “this is my best friend in the entire world, Alicia.”
He grinned. “Great,” he said into the phone, “thanks for taking my spot!” he joked.
“You’re welcome!” Alicia called through the phone. I rolled my eyes again.
“And Alicia this is my friend from back when I was born, till I moved to Washington. His name is Cameron, but you can call him Cammie.” I earned a punch in the shoulder for that one.
“Hi Cammie!” she said.
“Hi Alicia, do you have a nickname?” Cameron answers back.
“Hm, well some people call me Ali, so you call me that if you want,” she replied after a second of thought.
“Deal,” Cameron laughed. “So how did you…” he started before I interrupted.
“Um, guys, I want to go shower and say hi to my Nana so why don’t you guys just exchange numbers so I can leave.” Thankfully they both agreed and I head inside, leaving Cammie texting Alicia, he didn’t even try to hide the huge grin on his face. Well this ought to be interesting, I thought as I turned to doorknob into my old, new home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Author’s Note: I just want to start out by saying I am sorry. It has been months and I have let you down. Please forgive me. I won’t give any excuses because I know it doesn’t matter. Anyway, this chapter is inspired from all you people who have had best friends come and go. I know how hard that is and I wish we were as lucky as Alexis. :P I won’t give anymore away, go ahead and read what you have been waiting for.