Status: I had to put this story somewhere else because this website is really weird?

I'm Just a Kid

One.

There was ice cream as far as he could see. The mountains were chocolate, peaked with vanilla bean and the grass was green tea, the gravel he was standing on was cookie crumbs on top of slabs of cookie dough. It was beautiful, he could just taste the sweetness in the air, it surrounded him, engulfed him with the amalgam of different scents. He walked forward, feet sinking slightly in the frozen dessert ground. He reached out to grab as an Oreo tree. He stopped short, hearing something strange. He looked around him, birds flew wildly in the sky, shrieking something odd, but familiar.
Austin’s eyes shot open and he leapt forward, slamming his hand down on his alarm clock in frustration. He dropped back on the bed, sighing dramatically. He licked at his lips, his stomach growling. God, he really wished his ice cream world was real. He rolled over on his side, picking up his phone, glancing at his notifications. There was nothing but Twitter, and it wasn’t even interesting. He grumbled to himself as he got out of bed, getting tangled in his blankets as he tried to stand. He fell sideways on the bed, knocking his hip into the hard frame. He cursed under his breath, seething in pain, but he was thankful it wasn’t anything else since he had been sleeping in the nude. With that, he quickly pulled on some briefs and a t-shirt, smelling it before satisfyingly shoving it over his head and arms.
The tiles of the kitchen were cold, and sent a jolt up his body which really woke him up. He cursed the floor as he made his way to the freezer, prying it upon. A gust of frigid air blasted into his face and he winced against it. Adjusting, he opened his eyes and roared with anger. The freezer was bare save half a bag of broccoli and an empty ice container. He stomped back to his bedroom, and grabbed his phone with gusto. Frowning, he punched in a number and slammed the phone against his ear. He made another expression at the slight pain. The ring was annoyingly shrill, Austin counted the seconds, his temperament waning. Finally, it stopped and he heard a muffled silence.
“Hello?” muttered a groggy voice. Austin’s anger dissipated quickly,
“Hey, butthead, get up and buy me some ice cream and then come over here!” he rushed, grinning wildly from ear-to-ear. The voice on the other line groaned loudly.
“Austin, it’s eight in the morning!” they muttered, voice slightly muffled. Austin pouted and stomped his foot, “Alan!” he retorted sharply, earning another muffled groan. Austin imagined the ginger shoving his head under his pillow in an attempt to fall back asleep, block Austin’s voice out or kill him to get out of the situation. He fumed for a moment before yelling at Alan again. The latter sighed, voice clearer now. There was some shuffling.
“Fine, I’ll be over in about twenty minutes, but you owe me!” he muttered, feigning discontent, but Austin could hear the amusement in his voice.
“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” he groaned on, rolling his eyes, “I’ll give you a thousand and one kisses!” he licked his lips, smiling as he thought of this. Alan scoffed his voice now farther than usual as he put on some clothes. Austin licked his lips again.
“I thought you didn’t like gingers near your mouth,” he finally said, words dripping with immense sarcasm. Austin didn’t miss a beat,
“I don’t mind as long as they bring me ice cream,” he responded, voice heavy with charm, earning a chortle from the other line. There was silence for a moment, and Austin listened carefully, hearing the soft jingle of keys and the click of a door.
“What flavor do you want?” Alan finally asked, stepping outside, wind rustling into the speaker. Austin moved the phone from his ear, wincing slightly, but he recovered with a sinister smile, “You know what I want,” he muttered, laughing at his own words. The other man scoffed again, muttering something incoherent under his breath.
“What was that?” Austin sarcastically questioned.
“Absolutely nothing, my prince,” Alan returned, equally bemused. The former pursed his lips, “That’s right, ginger, that’s right.” He said scathingly, glaring at nothing in particular. The other laughed and started his car,
“I’m driving now,” he cooed, and Austin could just hear that big, beautiful grin. He licked at his lips, ducking his head as he smiled, “yeah, be safe and hurry over here,” he mumbled gently. Alan meowed at him in response. Austin hummed to himself, “I love you,” he stated confidently, breathe hitching just slightly.
“I love you, too, but you’ll love me even more when I bring you some Ben and Jerry’s Cherry Garcia!” he yelped, bragging openly. Austin squealed as Alan hung up, smiling so much that it made his jaw ache like he had too much of something sweet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh.