Status: Moved.

Set Fire to the Rain

One.

Rain poured down in sleets of droplets, slamming into the sidewalk and cars with echoing force. It was frigidly cold, even for the dead of summer where earlier it was a humid dog day with a relentlessly shining sun. It made the streets empty, save one person, a tall and thin man clad in just a thin pair of tight jeans, a thin blue tee and brown boots. He was drenched head to toe, and shaking as he continued on, not stopping for a moment, not even in hesitation outside a busy shop. He managed like this for several minutes, until he got to the top of a hill, and stopped shortly on the corner to pull out a plastic box of cigarettes and a lighter. He ducked under a balcony, desperately trying to light his bum, but the wind didn’t allow it and he chucked it to the floor with dramatic forced, heaving a dry sob after he did so. He ran his hands over his face and into his hair, trying to keep calm before continuing on in the downpour. Finally he could make out his flat, and quickened his pace into a stiff run, his arms tightly crossed over his chest and his head down. He started up the stairs, managing a huge grin as he eyed the glowing warmth that radiated off the building, but then he suddenly stopped short in his tracks.
A man, dressed in a blue rain coast and beige shorts sat crisscross on the floor in the lobby to his flat, busy reading a brown novel in his lap. The drenched man’s stare eventually alerted the other, who quickly glanced up and back at their book, but then they realized who they were looking at and leapt up, running to the door. He ran outside, forgetting about his hood, the rain splattering loudly against his jacket. He grinned, obviously bemused.
“Kellin, what happened to you?” he asked, incredibly concerned but also absolutely excited. He didn’t seem to notice the rain pelting him. The thin man, Kellin, shrugged and shuddered at the same time. He choked back a cry as he opened his mouth to speak,
“Jack and I finally broke up,” he yelled over the rain, and also in part due to frustration, “I couldn’t take it anymore, “he whispered, mouthing the words more than he spoke them. He looked down at the stairs.
“Vic,” he started, still yelling and shaking. The other man blinked at him, his smile had faltered slightly, “Victor,” he repeated, stepping closer, “I’m in love with you,” he blurted, his sentence ending in a laugh. He stretched out his arms, embracing the falling rain, “I’ve been in love with you since I met you, and I never knew if it was going to be right! But here you are, in this fucking rain after I left Jack,” he shook his head wildly, grinning, “here you are,” he repeated softly. Vic just stared at him, his mouth slightly parted. Kellin tensed up with his silence and his blank expression, he started stuttering, “Look, I’m sorry-“he started, but was interrupted by Vic quickly pressing his lips to Kellin’s. He fell back on his heels, with a satisfied smirk. Kellin laughed softly, and returned the kiss, taking Vic’s bottom lip between his. He pushed into the kiss, bringing up his hand, ghosting his jawbone with his fingers before parting again. They stared at each other, faces blank for a moment before lighting up.
“Can we go inside now?” Vic asked, shuddering, “Because I love you too and I don’t want you to die of pneumonia!” he joked, though his face fell with seriousness. Kellin nodded and took his hand, kissing him one last time as the rain poured over them.