Said & Done.

Decency.

‘Hey’ John threw his bag in the back of her car as she put a tiny case in, ‘all you’re taking’ ‘got stuff there, and I intend to be at the beach, I don’t intend to need a lot’ he smiled, ‘good point’ she nodded, ‘so, where are we going?’ ‘The Wedge’ she smiled, putting Tom Petty in, ‘a new thing of mine’ he smiled, ‘an old thing of mine’ he grinned, knowing this was going to be just fine, singing along to Wildflowers on the journey, ‘John I am giving you permission to choose the music for the journey’ he laughed, ‘thank you, I shall choose wisely’ ‘good’ they laughed, heading into California.

They laughed and talked all the way through to Newport Beach, as the sun was beginning to set, ‘it’s stunning isn’t it’ ‘you’re not so bad’ he smiled, ‘thanks, my view is pretty good too’ turning to a grin, ‘this your place’ she nodded, ‘well, it’s my family’s, but they barely come here’ tossing the keys in the air, she opened up, and headed inside switching on some lights, ‘this part of the beach is private’ ‘who are your family gee-’ she laughed, ‘my dad he works in the diamond trade, ethical of course, paid for a few places, he always said he wanted us to be who we wanted to be, I wanted to be a teacher, so’ John smiled, ‘sounds like a good guy’ ‘he is, he was forced into his job, inherited, and he loved music, so I feel like I’m doing it for him’ John smiled, ‘that’s nice’.

‘What room?’ ‘there’s a few’ ‘I just wanna be decent’ she laughed, ‘that’s unusual for you it seems’ he smiled, ‘well, I like you, more than like you to be honest, after this week’ ‘I really like you too, here I’ll show you one, you’ll like has a balcony too, so you can smoke’ ‘do you?’ ‘nope, but I’m not judging people on smoking, however it will fuck up your voice’ she smiled, ‘I have no-’ ‘don’t give me that I can’t sing crap, O’Callaghan’ he smiled, ‘fine’ he sighed, ‘I’ll order pizza for 30 minutes?’ ‘sounds good, pepperoni’ ‘consider it done’ he laughed, playing records, he looked out, knowing this was going to be one hell of a weekend.

-

‘Hey darling, wanna show us your moves’ she tutted rolling her eyes heading for the waves, John joining her, ‘get that a lot’ ‘every time in season, then I show them up’ he smiled, ‘I hope so’ getting on her board, and paddling to the waves, ‘hey sweetheart, wanna do that on top of me instead?’ ‘eurgh’ she was pretty disgusted, distracted she fell off and getting back on, ‘wanna come out later?’ ‘it’s fine, it’s just dicks’ standing up, ‘let’s do this, while we fucking can’ he laughed, ‘indeed’ surfing until the early evening.

A guy came over, as she ate, ‘hey darling, you wanna go out tonight, I’ll err show you some good moves’ ‘I’m good thanks’ ‘oh, really, I’ve never had anyone disappointed’ ‘neither have I, no-’ ‘playing hard to get?’ ‘no, I’m impossible to get’ ‘is there a problem?’ John interjected, ‘thank you’ she whispered as the guy backed off, ‘no problem, fucking douche’ she smiled, ‘indeed’ they laughed, finishing food on the beach, ‘let’s head back, or we can go to the bars after packing up the boards?’ ‘sounds good’.

Heading to to the wedge, games of six cup were being played, watching with amusement, ‘wanna try?’ ‘are you sure?’ John asked ‘can’t be old and wise without being young and foolish’ he grinned, ‘fine’ as she lined up six cups and got a dozen beers, ‘you fill half of them up, and you either have to fill the cup or drink it’ John nodded, ‘I know the rules’ ‘of course’ she laughed filling up cups, ‘I have a high threshold don’t worry-’ he nodded, ‘you’re going to need to’ laughing, borrowing a dice, ‘you go first’ he smiled, ‘fine’ rolling the die, playing the game until late.

‘I think I am a little tipsy now’ she giggled, John held her up, ‘you’ll be alright’ ‘of course, Venice Beach tomorrow’ giggling uncontrollably, he couldn’t help joining her, putting her in bed, he laughed, turning out the light.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)