Status: Update whenever possible ^-^

Just One of the Perks

Songs and Sleep

MISHA’S POV

I pulled up infront of the house and stopped the engine, unbuckling my seat belt. I felt a headache coming on; the girls had been singing songs all the way up until a few minutes ago, when they’d fallen asleep. Great. Me and Jensen got out of the car and looked at eachother.
“Dude, we’re going to have to carry them in.”
“Yeah, they’re out cold. Hey, Misha.” Jensen stopped me before I could open Amelia’s door.
“What?”
“Just don’t do anything tonight.”
“Hey, I’m not going to take advantage of her while she’s intoxicated. I’m not a complete asshole, you know.” We laughed as we hauled the girls out of the car, and I propped Amelia against my shoulder as I locked the vehicle.
“I wouldn’t be too sure about that.” Jensen laughed, quieter this time, since he had Clara literally in his arms. I did the same with Amelia and walked up to the front door, trying not to wake her up as I opened it. Jensen carried Clara through the dark house ahead of me, and I followed him, nudging the door shut with my foot. Amelia stirred at the sound and opened her eyes slightly.
“Shh, go back to sleep Amelia.” With her spare hand she grabbed the collar of my shirt and yanked my head down, pushing her lips against mine. Her usual sweet smell mixed with beer, but even alcohol couldn’t make her less attractive. If anything, it added a sharp edge to her. Before my willpower broke completely, I lifted my head away, shaking it to clear my mind.
“Misha...” she sighed as she fell back asleep, too tired to finish what she was going to say. I power-walked to the spare bedroom, eager to stop touching Amelia. Not that I didn’t like it. It was just that it would be a dick move to lose control when she wasn’t fully aware of what she was doing. I set her down on the bed and took off her shoes and coat. Then I gently pulled the covers over her, making sure not to jog Clara, who was already tucked in. Slowly, Amelia raised her hand and found mine on the mattress, lacing our fingers together.
“Misha...”
“Yes, Amelia?” Our voices were almost inaudible, mine because I didn’t want to wake Clara, hers because she was half asleep.
“Don’t go...” As if to prove her point, she squeezed my hand slightly, making my heart flutter, because that was a very masculine thing for my heart to be doing. Sighing, I settled down on the floor, leaning against the nightstand, careful not to twist Amelia’s hand. I looked up to see her smile happily, snuggling her head deeper into her pillow. I let my thumb trail tiny circles over her fingers, and closed my eyes, trying to get comfortable. In a strange way, I felt peaceful, like this was where I was meant to be. As I leaned my head against the edge of the mattress, I realised I’d stay with her every day from then on if she wanted me to. Because even though we were playing this silly war thing, which was fun enough (the little kitten knew how to tempt a guy), it was just another excuse to think about her as long as possible, and create more memories with her. She still held onto my hand, her grip strong even in her sleep. As I drifted off to sleep I hoped she’d remember this small, insignificant touch, because I sure would.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys, this chapter's a bit short, but I'm nearly falling asleep right here so I had to cut it off. Hope you like it :D x