Status: Update whenever possible ^-^

Just One of the Perks

Juice and Pepper

AMELIA’S POV

I woke up with a throbbing headache, the room teetering slightly. My body was comfortably tucked into bed, and I couldn’t remember how I got there. Lifting my head up slightly, I saw that one of my hands were placed in a position I actually remembered: it was meant to be holding Misha’s hand. Instead, there was a piece of paper folded sharply and lying on the bed next to my hand. I grabbed it and held it up against my face, squinting to see against the darkness of the curtains. I unfolded it gently.
‘My dearest Amelia,
If you’re reading this then it means I’m making breakfast. Know that it was perfectly necessary to let your hand go otherwise I would have starved or possibly broken my neck. Feel free to come and join me. We need to talk.
Misha’
Sighing, I remembered the few things that had happened between me and Misha. I had kissed him, but he let go. Probably being a gentleman. Then I asked him to stay with me, and as far as I could tell he did. I groaned and slid off the bed, opening a drawer on my night-stand and laying the letter at the bottom, next to my alarm clock. My feet clumsily stumbled into the bathroom, and I fiddled with the taps, trying to turn the hot water in the sink on. But no water came out. I tried again, but there still wasn’t any water. Groaning again, I looked up at the mirror to see a yellow note stuck on my reflection reading: ‘Oh yeah, the water pipes aren’t working in your en suite. You’re going to have to use mine.’
“Typical Misha...ofcourse the war is on again. Ofcourse.” I mumbled as I slipped into a hoodie, which hung conveniently on the back of the door. It was Clara’s, but I ignored it and walked out of the bedroom, walking down the hallway towards the sound of cutlery clinking and quiet voices talking. I slowed down so I could hear the conversation better.
“Dude this is awesome. I didn’t know you could cook!” That was Clara.
“Yeah well if you’d stayed long enough yesterday, you’d know.” I smiled at Misha’s voice.
“Sorry, we had to go. You know how Clara is with her ‘dirty things’.” Jensen laughed and I heard someone punch a shoulder. Probably Clara.
“Oh shut up! Nothing happened Misha, you can tell Amelia not to worry.”
“Talking about Amelia, what happened last night?” Jensen was talking with his mouth full.
“Yeah, Misha, what happened?”
“That’s none of your concern. But the war is still on, so watch your backs.”
“Oh yeah? Well what’re you planning for Round 3?”
“Why should I tell you?”
“Well, Amelia’s not here. You can tell us.”
“You’re on her side, douchebag.” I heard something being chucked across the room and Jensen laugh.

I took this opportunity to enter the dining room. I didn’t want my surprise being spoilt. Although I was pretty sure Misha tampered with the taps.
“Goodmorning...” I said, sitting down on the chair next to Clara. I was greeted my Clara and Jensen, but not Misha. He just sat there eating his breakfast and watching the television on the wall.
“That’s rude, Misha.” I said as I took a sip of Clara’s drink.
“It’s rude drinking out of someone else’s drink, Amelia.” I looked at Jensen and Clara, who were watching us with an amused look on their faces.
“Urmm...I think I’m gonna go.” Clara stood up, tugging on Jensen’s sleeve. I shot her a silent don’t-leave-me-here-or-I’ll-kill-you but she just winked and disappeared out the front door, holding Jensen’s hand. Jensen just laughed as the door smacked shut. I rolled my eyes and walked out to the kitchen, where I got myself some scrambled eggs from the frying pan and some toast that was lying on a plate by the toaster. I walked back in holding my plate, and was surprised to find that Misha wasn’t there. But his food was. I set my plates down as quietly as I could and grabbed the pepper shaker from the table, sprinkling it all over his food. I mixed it in with his fork, careful to leave everything as he’d put it down. I also added some salt in his juice for good measure. I sat down quickly as I heard footsteps coming down the hall, and started eating my food at a leisurely pace. Glancing away from the TV, I saw Misha sit down and pick up his fork. Swallowing some of my juice, I tried to keep in my laughter as he started chewing. His face went red, but he swallowed, almost dutifully. I couldn’t keep the disappointment off my face as he took a sip of his juice and ate some more of the breakfast. Slowly, he looked up at me, finding me staring at him open-mouthed.
“Is there something wrong?”
“No. I mean yeah...I filled your breakfast with pepper and you’re still eating it.” As if to prove my point, he took another bite.
“You should try cooking. Honestly, you should.”
“Dude I know how much I put in there, that should be disgusting.” Suddenly, he stood up, finishing the last bite. Before he walked back out to the kitchen, he turned back to me.
“Oh by the way, there seems to be something wrong with your en suite.” I narrowed my eyes but he continued. “You’re going to have to use the shower in mine.”
“I’m sure there’s another one in the house.”
“There are only showers in the ones connecting to the bedrooms.” I followed him into the kitchen, and stood by the door as he rinsed his plate.
“Then I’ll call a plumber right away. I’m not going to take a shower in your bathroom.” He put the wet plate on the side to dry and walked so close to me that he pushed me into the wall. My brain suddenly reminded me of what his lips felt like and I groaned quietly.
“I think you’ll find you really need to shower. You smell disgusting.” He walked away as I looked after him, outraged. I’d find a way to bring him out of his shell. I couldn’t show any sign of weakness. Marching up to the phone, I dialled Clara’s number and waited for her to pick up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter took so long to upload, I was with some friends and then I lost my memory stick. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! :D x