Status: feel free to message me with ideas and stuff.and your comments are much appreciated :D (no bad critisizm or ill keeeeeeeeeeeeel you! lol not a threat,trust me, im a weakling lol)

My Dad, My World.

god, zak what r u doing?

Jessica looked at me funny as soon as I walked in the door. I put my luggage down at the bottom of the steps, but kept my eyes locked with her. I knew my sister and I knew something was wrong. I was concerned when I didn't seen Taylor's giggling bouncing self anywhere. I was kind of glad though. I mean I love my baby girl but after a long long lock down, I was beat.

I could have avoided them both and went straight upstairs to bed but the concern in my sisters eyes kept me standing there. I was relieved when I saw Taylor's head pop up from the couch but she started running towards me. I wanted to tell her to stop but like I said, I was worn out. I tried to brace myself for the jump that was about to come and knock the breath out of me,but when she slammed into my chest, I stumbled. Shes lucky I didn't fall.

Jess still had this look in her eyes. It was really starting to confuse me.

"We need to talk." She whispered in my ear.

We went to the kitchen and the left over smell from the dinner I knew Jessica made, made my mouth water. I should be used to the food on the planes but a good home cooked meal was what I needed.

"Whats going on Jess. " I whispered.

She leaned against the counter, her eyes shadowed over in a dark sheen.

" When was the last time you did something with Taylor? " she asked.

I was taken aback by her question. I left my mouth hanging open waiting for the words to come out. I was slightly agravated because she was making me think, but then I was disappointed with myself BECAUSE I had to think about this. Usually I did things with Taylor...like.....well......Jesus. I hadn't done anything with Taylor in a long time. I closed my mouth and looked down.

Suddenly I remembered I had left Taylor standing by herself in the foyer. God, zak what are you doing?.

"She misses you a lot zak. Guess how much she talked to me, like not at all! She didn't say one word the whole time you were gone. I know her zak, I helped you raise her. She talks, ALL THE TIME. " Jess paused and lifted my chin in her hand before continuing.

"I understand what this whole Ghost Adventure thing means to you. But your leaving more often, you aren't saying goodbye. And even more so you aren't paying any attention to her when you get back. Shes not being the Taylor we both know and love, but Zak....your losing yourself so much that you aren't even realizing that your daughter is slowly slipping away. I bet you even forgot that her birthday is in two days didn't you. " she snapped.

Shit....her birthday. I knew then what was going on. I knew I was avoiding her too much.

Being a single father was really hard. Of course I had Jess, I also had my mom and step dad, and I also had Nick and Aaron, but still trying to get to know her had always been so hard. Especially since she looked just like her mom. Melanie.....

"Zak,......... zak!"

"I'm sorry, i'm here. " I looked back up to Jessica.

She knew. She always knew. That's why she had stayed to help. She knew I needed Melanie, she knew I couldn't do it without her.

"Zak, shes not here. Melanie is not here. But YOU are. Your her father zak and she needs u. " I hugged Jess and kissed sleeping baby Tori's cheek before letting Jess out and going upstairs to Taylor's bedroom.
*******************
I woke up with a face full of hair. Damn it Taylor. I chuckled to myself and wiped it away smoothing it around her ear and down onto her shoulder. She was still sleeping, her breathing deep and steady. She looked just like Melanie when she slept....

A picture frame across the room of Melanie and Taylor made my eyes burn and I quickly closed them. Everything suddenly flooded back. The accident,Melanie's bloody face, my face in her hair, the glass.

"Daddy? Why r u crying?" Taylor sat up worry written all over her face. She slowly lifted a hand and wiped away a falling tear. I just looked at her for a second.

" lets go get some ice cream. Maybe go shopping for a little? " I asked getting up out of her bed and smiling back at her when she happily shook her head. I smiled wider and left her to change while I showered pushing away the memories. After I got out, my phone buzzed with text messages and voice mails from billy asking about going over some of the evidence from out past lock down.

But I ignored them all, focused on spending time with my babybug.

She was ready finally and I waited for her to come padding down the steps and noticed a necklace of Melanie's sitting on the counter in the kitchen. Did I put that there? ...... I walked over too it and touched the diamond pendant I had given to Melanie on our four year anniversary.

" dad, ready? " Taylor asked.

I twirled quickly, putting the necklace in my pocket thinking it the best birthday present for her this year.

"Yup" I replied with a smile. With that, we left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heheheheheh im way to excited for my own good lol