Status: feel free to message me with ideas and stuff.and your comments are much appreciated :D (no bad critisizm or ill keeeeeeeeeeeeel you! lol not a threat,trust me, im a weakling lol)

My Dad, My World.

Periwinkle Haze

ZAK P.O.V.
Arty showed up at about noon the next day after i had texted him the night before of the events that played out. Taylor had been having all kinds of visions that seemed to branch off from how things ended yesterday. I really felt bad for her because she had been so tired after it happened but hadn't really slept a wink since all of her dreams were actually crimson tear shed visions. She told me they were possible outcomes of other things. That it was like picking the best path. She told me more of Persephone who visited her in her dreams, and how Persephone knew more about myself than even me. Sounds like angel work to me. Something i felt like i should help her with considering i got her into it.
Right now her and arty laid on the couch watching some TV show that i really couldn't care any less for. I chuckled and stole a glance at them and let myself relive long nights that i had once had with Melanie. Looking at Arty's hand placed delicately on Tayler's cheek, helping her keep her head up, brought back a memory i hadn't thought of in a long time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*High school had been a crappy thing for me. I walked the halls looking for something for me to find interrest in. Stopping by the theater my senior year, i payed special attention to the girl of my dreams while she painted the set in some forest theme. "My god shes so beautiful." I whispered. The best part about this was that she was already my girlfriend. I chuckled to myself, pulled my face from the crack and took a moment to think of how much i missed her.
That same night, we spent the night at her house after a long evening of gaming with her family.it was crazy though, "how dissimilar Melanie and i were. It occured to me that if Melanie and i were objects, she would be an elaborate digital clock, synced up with the world clock in London with technical perfection, and i'd be a snow globe - shaken memories in a glass ball."
This morning though she had looked so angelic that it was hard for me not to bend down a kiss her cheek to wake her. So i thought about for about 10 more seconds and decided 10 seconds was too late and i bent a kissed her lips instead. She shifted and stretched and all i could do was stare.
Melanie sat up, her hair frizzy on one side and flat against her head on the other,the most adorable thing I've ever seen, and her dark eyes filled with open delight. Just her movement filled me up with such awe, i couldn't look away, or say anything when she started asking me questions.
"Good morning, Zak." She yawned and looked at her clock on the side table next to her, groaning when it read 11:00. Today we were supposed to go to school for some kind of meeting that Melanie is apart of.
"Do you really want to go to this thing? Because I'm really not liking it right about now. What do you think? Meeting? Or laying in bed all day? " her eye brows went up in question and my heart sank, causing a flurry of butterflies to fly up my stomach. Melanie groaned and then shrugged, taking the time to stretch and yawn with her back turned to me. Oh Melanie.....
"Screw it, i haven't ever been late for anything in my life. I won an award for it one yea. I don't see any harm in skipping a day." Melanie curled a lock of hair in her fingers and secured it lightly with a bobby pin. I laid back down onto her bed, watching her walk in and out of the bathroom getting herself ready for whatever she thought we might do today. The simple way she moved was so....beautiful, she was just so gorgeous in the most simple way and i loved it, i loved her. Soon she joined me back in the bed, flopping lazily down beside me and using her finger tips to trace small circles on my chest.
I couldn't think of anywhere else id rather be, laying here with Melanie for the rest of my life sounded amazing. As long as she stayed here with me, i didn't care if we died here.
"Zak?"
"Yes sweetie." She lifted her head up then and pushed herself up onto her elbo, her eyes slightly misty from tears that threatened to spill. I sat up quickly then and laid a hand on her face.
"Melanie..." i swayed my thumb gently back and forth across her cheek and caught the tears falling from her crystal clear eyes.
Then her lips parted in the most angelic way, her cheeks rosied, her lips puckered just a tad from the strain of holding back tears, and then she spoke, her voice so silent and innocent.
"Please...please don't ever leave me....i know I'm a handful sometimes but please...ju-just bear with me? Please? Please?"
"Melanie...baby stop, I'm not going anywhere ok? Ill stay with you forever, until you tell me to leave ok? Ill never leave u, i promise." I vowed to myself, that i would never ever fill myself with so much pain....never would i ever leave seeing this this beautiful face of hers, unless she ordered me away. Whatever made her happy. By her hips i pulled her into my lap and let her face fall into the kink of my neck and began gently rocking back and forth to soothe her. *
TAYLORS P.O.V.
After i finally calmed down a bit, i slid my hand down and back up Daisy's tiny little body where she laid in front of me asleep. Her breathing slowing with every exhale. She was the cutest thing in the world. My throat felt parched but i knew i couldn't move or else i was going to wake both Arty behind me and Daisy in front of me. I giggled and lifted must just head and shoulders a little so i could prop myself up.
"Hey dad?" I called. Nothing...i looked to the doorway to the kitchen and saw dad just standing there at the island, holding a bottle of orange juice in his hands. The look in his eyes was really blank...from what i could see of them while the rest of his view was planted on the window by the sink, they looked to have a ....a cloud....a cloud of like...fog rolling over them slowly.
"Dad." I called a little louder. He blinked and shook his head slowly as if erasing whatever had just occured in his head.
"You alright in there?" I asked and watched him shift his weight and lay his hands on the counter of the island, pushing against it in a stressfull manor, closing his eyes and blowing out a sigh of grief.
"Yea..." he called back. "Just thinking about your mother..."
I felt it nessassary then to make my way to the kitchen to comfort him. At this point i didn't really care if i wont up my loves. Dad needed my help. Lets just say it was more of an angelic emotion, i couldn't really help it regardless of Arty's protests. Approaching him, i read more into his emotions and his body language making sure there was nothing hostile about him before resting my hand on his back. It was then that i began to feel the same electric feeling i had felt durring my encounter with the demon, except this time it didn't feel sharp and silver and ground lifting like it had before, no, this time it felt warm and comforting. Sort of like healing?
My satisfaction soaked through to him when i felt his body relax under my palm and his breathing came out in one swift motion. But i stopped when he sucked his breath in quickly. My eyes snapped open and realized the glowing periwinkle blue light eminating from my hand, and then from my whole body according to the reflection of me in his eyes. I took my hand off of him and watched it disappear slowly while dad gathered his emotions.
"I'm sorry bug...i don't think ill ever get used to this whole angel thing...."
I bowed my head in understanding and gave him a small smirk, pretty much implying that he better because this was Me now. He'd come around.
He looked away, the periwinkle haze returning slightly in his eyes.
"Have you visited her yet?" He asked. I blinked a little, pondering his question. Come to think of it, neither mommy or Persephone had shown up in any of my dreams recently. No information had been given to me, not since way before the attack not so long ago. But it clicked with me then that my angelic abilities hadn't gone away yet...this battle was definatley not over yet.
"No...I'm sorry. She always tells me to tell you she loves you though. Every time i see her, your the first thing she asks about." I smiled at him when he slowly turned his gaze to me.
"Don't ever let him go. " he said sternly, straightening his body.
"Excuse me?" I asked confused.
"Don't ever let go of arty. That boys going to safe your life one day. Got it?" Although his tone and rigidness had become more aggressive as he said this, i understood the urgency and love for my mother in his voice.
"I promise dad." I whispered. Arty and i had spent a lot of time together. A lot. But most of it for very negative things. Aaron's accident, dads unfortunate haunting's, hes here through all of this soul crap...the only good things we had done together were lunch with him durring his lunch away from work, and our small time in my room while i attempted to paint him. Our only time away seemed to be too little. Dads orders to never let him go suddenly felt incredibly important. I wanted the rest of my life to have times with him that weren't bad or full of busy negativity.
We both missed mom and i prayed to God and Persephone that i would be able to see my mom tonight in my dreams. I pulled my dad to me and hugged him tightly and kissing him on the cheek, retreating then back to my spot on the couch. Taking a second to look at Arty's sleeping face curled up to my puppy, i couldn't help but reach out and brush his thick black hair back with my fingers, reveling in the softness. I hopped in next to him then, picking up daisy in the process and putting her between us.i may just be 16 but this love i felt for these people and animal, i couldnt help but swim in the warm feeling that my heart was pumping through my body right now just singing in harmony..."my tiny little family. "
♠ ♠ ♠
:) make sure to comment, subscribe, and recommend :)
Cite: Stiefvater, Shiver (Pg.84)