Status: feel free to message me with ideas and stuff.and your comments are much appreciated :D (no bad critisizm or ill keeeeeeeeeeeeel you! lol not a threat,trust me, im a weakling lol)

My Dad, My World.

Everything I Needed

IMPORTANT NOTE IN THE AUTHORS NOTE!!!!!!

Halloween was quickly ariving with just a few days to spare. Soon kids, teens and adults of all ages would be wearing ghostly, cute, scary, blood and gore, spooky, ugly, and stupid costumes and masks and walk around neighborhood after neighborhood in search of candy to fill their bags and buckets. This was dad and I's favorite holliday and no one, I mean NO ONE beat us at having the scariest house in all the neighborhoods combined. Which is what dad and I were planning right now at the store. Things to make fake blood, face make-up for putting scars and bloody rips in whatever part of our faces and bodies we wanted. Pretty much every year we had a party and invited everyone we knew, including everyone on our block. Usually we would block the street off with the permission of the city of course and just have all kinds of fun activities to do for all ages. My favorite in particular is the spray paint challenge where everyone gets a certain portion of our street and has to paint something halloween themed or something scary. Whoever wins, gets a prize. Dad and I have yet to figure out what that is but we'll figure it out.

This was always our whole familys favorite time of year. Not even Christmas beat halloween. Yea christmas is family and love, blah blah blah, but this was how we all showed our true colors. We didnt try to be all perfect and show off our perfect little homes, with our perfect little dinners, perfect christmas trees, and our god awful sweaters that hang way to high on the waist. No. Just no.

Halloween is where we show our innerselves while we troll little kids and uncertain parents as well as thrill-seeking teens and adults trying to relive their childhood. We eat candy that normally we would keep that part of us a secret. We pig out on dinner and pig out on candy, picking through eachothers bags for our childhood favorites. We dress up in our most scary, silly, pretty, stupid, awesome attire and prance like children. The child within. The real you.

Walmart usually has the best assortment of halloween candy, plus a good store for buying costumes. I had to admit, I was getting to old for this so I agreed that this would be my last year of trick or treating and that the years beyond would be spent helping dad with handing out candy until the party started later that night.

Right now dad and I were looking at costumes. I wanted to be a witch. Something more "unappropriate" for my age ;) instead of some long floor length all black dress, I picked a VERY short black and purple dress, complete with a purple corset and black frills for the shirt. The sleeves were long and fell around my wrists in torn frayed strands of lace. The hat was so cute. It was all black with black sparkling feathers flowing on the rim. Dad had already aquired a witches broom from being on his Salem Witch trials investigation in Massachussettes and I knew it would go perfect with this costume that I also knew would have arty crawling to my feet lol.

"Bug, look." I hear dad giggle and turned around to see him holding up a taco costume over top of his body. To keep myself from bursting out with laughter I just smiled and shook my head and listened to him laugh. He had been really happy ever since we had had our small talk about what had happened at the castle. Although the wound on my side was still bloody and disgusting and hurt like a bitch, I kept my moans and groans to myself for dads benefit.

Id like to think that if I just pretended everything was back to normal then it would ease his mind and get him to relax like he was right now. We didnt need the reminder of the demon inside of him.
"If you wear that, you better hope it beats whatever aaron has planned." I said sarcastically.
"Yea your right. We got make up anyway. Nick and I want to be zooooommmmmmmbbbiiiieeeesss..." dad said jazz fingers jiggling infront of my face lol. I laughed and poked his cheek with my pointer finger and turned back around to take my costume off the rack and followed dad to the registers.

*2hours later*

It was about 5pm now and that meant it was just about dinner time. In deciding what we wanted, the crew showed up. Nick and billy suggested we go out for dinner and that seemed like a pretty good damn idea. I felt like we all needed the distraction while we were all in detox mode. With the amount of people crowding our house, it made me think of arty. I hadnt talked to or seen him since the same night nick drove me to the hospital. I remembered the testosterone in the car was so high it was making my stomach hurt. I was in so many levels of discomfort it wasnt even funny and they werent helping AT ALL. I was glad that they were both there for me but seriously? Me laying there dying is NOT the time to be fighting over who should be with me. Not that it mattered. Arty was my man.
I pulled out my phone and dialed his number getting up from the couch that was encircled with all the guys talking over eachother, and walked off to the kitchen.

"Hello?" He sounded tired and sick. I felt so bad...somewhere inside me the whole time was telling me we shouldnt have brought him along. He might have understood, he might have had his beliefs, but what people dont understand about this is that its not just a job, its a lifestyle. Its a quest, literally of life. Chasing something that everyone says is fake and not real. Its one thing to talk about it, but another to be about it. My dad is brave and would never stop what he was doing, not even if it meant risking his life,his friends lives, or his own daughters life. Some would call it selfish. But we call it compassion. He is who he is and thats brave.

"Hey sweetie. How ya feelin?" Waiting for his reply, I put my fingers to my lips and nurvacely bit down on my already short fragile nails.

"Yea babe im fine just...really really tired. That stuff really takes its toll on you. Now I understand why your dad is having the problem he is. " he said lowly. For me it was very odd to hear him sound like this. After spending so much time with him in crappy situations, he was still so so super happy about everything. He made it easier to deal with things. A very very wonderful trait that I would never trade for anything.

"Yea...this stuff is very real. Its like a slap in the face when you least expect it."

"Yea. How are you? Is your side healing up any?"

"Its actually not much better at all. Ive been putting ointment on it like crazy. I think it might be infected. Im gonna ask dad to take me to the doctors in the morning. Hey, were going out to dinner. You wunna come with?"

"Um...I dont know, im not feeling very well." Seriously?.....neither do I but...I still want to see him. Not feeling well will never stop me from seeing him.

"Come on, we miss you. ....I miss you...its been like a week and a half..."

I let my shoulders slump and my stance falter as I slid down to the floor. Dont get me wrong, I want him to feel better but...knowing me and this angel stuff, I could heal him faster than he thought he could by himself. He needed to get out of the groove he was in and this was the perfect opportunity, to be surrounded by people who love you.

"Babe...just give me one more night ok? I know ill just be a burden on you guys while your all out trying to have fun. Tomorrow, and ill come in the morning." He said reassuringly. I wasnt thrilled with it but...

"Arty-"

"Taylor, honey, go. Go eat and have fun. Im gonna need you tomorrow. I need my happy honey ok? " I smiled and put my head down giving in to his requests.

"Ok..alright. just make sure you call me in the morning ok? Just so I know your ok. "
I stood and sighed happily when my back cracked.

"You got it babe. No go! Before aaron starts whining." We laughed together and I snuck a peek around the corner to already see aarons face sneering at the doorway. He was most certainly ready to go lol.

"Oh man, hes definately already started." I laughed.

"I love you taylor bagans. "

"I love you arty. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I hung up and whiped around the corner and grabbed the keys to dads car, jingling them slightly so they would all follow me. I smiled and looked at dad.

"Daddy." I batted my lashes and smiled my biggest smile but laughed at his reaction.

"No."

"Awhaha dad come on! How am I ever going to be able to drive if you dont teach me how? " I asked.

"Aw babybug, how am I ever gonna survive if I let you dive this car?" .....did he seriously just say that? ..... to be honest...I dont even think he noticed what exactly he just said to me.

Dont...blame...him... I heard mommys voice from above and my look of anger towards my father quickly turned into sympathy. But before he looked up I plastered a smile on my face just to make him feel ok. Now definately wasnt the time to bring up the old. Next year seriously had to start new. By the end of this year we had to get rid of the beast surrounding us.

*3hourslater*

Dinner was good of course and we had our old family ways as we sat around our table tearing piece after piece of pizza, strings of cheese everywhere. We laughed and laughed louder if thats even possible. Dad and nick had had a few drinks and were beginning to disturb the peace going on at all the other tables and people were giving us that look that made aaron and I giggle with tension and pull dad and nick out after paying the bill.

Dad rarely got drunk and I felt even worse for him knowing that he was doing it because for once in his life, he wasnt the leader, in result he wasnt sure what to do. He was taking the saying "drinking away your sorrows" literally.

"I love you babybug, your so woneflue." Dad mumbled. I stifled a laugh and tightended my grip around his waist.

"I love you to daddy. You remember we have to go get pumpkins tomorrow right?" I asked and he looked at me with one eye open and his teeth barred and I couldnt help myself after that and let out a montrous laugh. Seriously, if you would have saw it you would have done the same thing. Just picture it, a drunk zak bagans, sluring his words and hanging onto me for dear life stumbling over his own feet in a walk that made him look like jack sparrow, looks you directly in the eys, his face all droopy from several beers and his eyes all bloodshot and tired and barally open. He squints one eye so tight while the other is trying so desperately hard to stay open and hes got his teeth showing like hes a wild animal trying to attack you lolololololololol theres nothing more funny than that I can assure you.

Aaron finally got us all home and helpped me carry dad to the livingroom and excused himself for a potty break before he took nick home. I scampered off to the kitchen to get a drink for dad for him to take to bed with him as it was almost midnight. The fridge light was bright and I was so tired, I wanted to fall asleep right there.

But then I felt hands on my hips and nusling in my hair and I turned around to nick who seemed to be more drunk than dad. His breath reeked of alcohol and his face was rosey with joy.

"Nick...your really drunk...and I know for a fact that you dont want to do this. " I said slowly.

"Oh taylor, you have no idea how long ive wanted to do this." And with that he took the opportunity of my lips being open to form my next words, to plant a big one right on my lips. I held my hands up and shoved them against his shoulders and pulled his lips away from mine.

"Hey nick lets get goin!" Aaron called from the livingroom. I was staring at nick in shock, I couldnt say anything, then dad and aaron would know and I cant risk letting their friendship dissapear, so I grabbed nicks shoulder and pulled him from the kitchen to aaron in the living room and quickly said my good byes before going back to the kitchen.

Once I heard the door shut I opened the fridge and leaned back down to get something out for dad and I to drink and feeling the badaging on my cut to make sure that none of it came off in nicks excitement. I noticed alot of basic things we needed were missing, bread, butter, some vegitables for dad and myselfs healthy eating habbits. But thankfully there was some milk. I knew milk would help with dads hangover in the morning.

As I pulled the milk out of the fridge, I heard a whisper behind me. I stood quickly and turned around looking for anyone. At first I thought it was dad just coming out to get some water but he was no where in sight.

"Hello?..." I said and took one slow step forward.

"Taaayyllooorr..." I heard the voice hum my name and I looked to where it came from to find nothing. My breathing was becoming uneven and I was able to see it coming out of my mouth with every exhale. My arms got goosebumps and my legs started to quiver but still, I took another step forward and tried again.

"Whos the-" my words stopped and I got that sensation of being choked again but was released when the necklace dad had given me that was mommys ripped off of my neck and flew across the kitchen, hitting the cabinet hard before silently thudding onto the ground.

Just as fast as the activity started, it ended as soon as my necklace hit the floor. Even after, I stood there and let my goosebumps fade and my legs to stand firm, and my breath to feel normal and be just as invisible as it had any other time. I took one last breath, walked over and picked up my necklace, and poured mine and dads milk before heading to bed for the night.

*the next morning*

Arty called at 7am and I was ready to get up and get some things done today. After getting ready, I went to dads room and was instantly engulfed in the smell of vomit. I hurried quickly to the bathroom and got the spray and sprayed dads room until it was safe to walk around. At some point throughout the night he had gone out and gotten the garbage can and placed it next to him for easy access. I pulled my shirt up over my nose and took the can back to the hallway so that I could empty it without disturbing dads sleep.

When I came back I went to the opposite side of his bed so I could see his face and he looked so so sick. He was definately going to be cranky when he got up. I went to the kichen and made him a cup of coffee and some breakfast before going to set it on his empty nightstand along with a box of tissues from the closet and a glass of water and a tylonal pill for him to take if he needed it. Although usually I would have left him in his room for the day to be safe and comfortable, after last night,I decided to put a tiny wooden cross he had brought me back from a lockdown, above his door and lit a sage stick from the collection he kept handy for when he needed them, and set it on his dresser after wafting it around the room and the doorframe. I hoped that would be enough for just a few hours while I was gone running aaronds.

Arty got there just a few minutes after and I wrote dad a note quick saying to call and I was out. when I got in the car I immediately regretted making him do anything with me today. I hadnt really considered the whole entire tole the investigation would put on him. Growing up, I never really got any worse than feeling disoriented and slightly confused for just a day or two. But arty...my poor arty. He looked greenish...and so very pale. It was really weird because naturally he was delightfully tan but now he was....literally white like he had seen a ghost. Which I had to remember...he did...he saw a few while we were at the castle. But like I said, alot of people understand, but no one feels. Theres a distinct difference between understanding and feeling.

"Im so sorry...I should never have taken you on the lockdown." I lifted a hand and pressed my palm against his cheek, marveling in the way he let his head sink into it.

"Aside from meeting you, it was the single most amazing experience thats ever happened to me. I wouldnt change any of it for the the world. Im here for you, and I dont care what it takes. I do it all, ill do everything."

All I could do was smile. How was I supposed to beat that? If we were together long enough, then I was going to have to think really hard about an anniversary present.

"Besides, I feel 100 times better than I felt yesterday. Im getting better, so dont you worry alright princess?" He asked and gave me a smirk. I smiled and nodded and took his hand in mine.

"Where too pretty lady?"

We had driven way out to the country and looked for small markets and corn wagons so we could get some festive things for halloween plus I was feeling creative and wanted to make dinner for my family tonight. A real good honest meal. I had already called aunt jess and she was happy to get out of the house. I called all the guys as well and that seemed like enough.

Coming to another small market, they had a whole giant, homemade basket full of huge pumpkins that looked like they were ready to burst. I picked out enough for each of the people who I had invited to dinner and an extra just incase and helped arty carry them to his car. I also got some lettus and tomatoes as well as some carrots and some corn for us to actually eat. I got some fresh milk, just to say I could because in vegas, you go get fresh milk lol. I got a few onions and then some fresh oranges so that I could make orange juice for tonights dinner and tomorrows breakfast.

It was just so beautiful today. Everything had that like...sunset haze too it and the different colored leaves on the ground were lifting all the light back up. The sky was blue and the clouds were puffy and white and the temperature had dropped down to that small chill just cold enough for a light sweater and a pare of your favorite jeans. There were so many reasons, especially these reasons, why halloween was our favorite season and holliday.

Finally we got back into the city but I still needed to go to the grocerie store for crust. I had always wanted to make a berry cobler pie. Mommy used to make them. I remember dad would always heat it up for days after mom would make it lol. Walking around the grocerie store, arty and I picked up an assortment of things. Coolwhip, vanilla icecream, chocolcate to make fondu,(yea im going all out lol), some plastic wear so I would spend days washing dishes, and some sugar to put in the juice for some flavor.

My phone rang then and dads face appeared on the screen.

"Hey dad how ya feeling?" I said putting the sugar in the cart and moving on to go to the checkout lines.

"I feel so much better. Thank you for everything this morning. Where are u?"

"No problem dad im just glad you feel better. Arty and I are at the grocery store. Im making dinner tonight. I invited the guys over and aunt jess so she could get out of the house with baby tori. I hope thats ok."

"No no no thats fine bug just call me when you get here and ill help you carry stuff in. "

"Ok, love you dad. See in a bit. "

"Love you too bug, be careful. Bye."

"Bye."

Of course, as soon as I hang up with him, I remember my broken necklace in my pocket. I guess ill just let him now when we get home.

When we got to the house I called dad and let him know of our arrival and quickly he was out the door grabbing more bags than me and arty combined lol arty and I looked at eachother with weird but funny glances.

"Im pretty sure hes either 1.making up for getting drunk last night and then the stuff I gave him this morning or 2. He hasnt worked out in a couple days. " with that we took the rest of the groceries in the house and then drove around to the back of the house so we could put the pumpkins under the picknick table for everyone to carve after dinner.

Arty helped me make dinner which was two huge pork tenderloins with fresh herbs plus some peppers and onions I had bought at the market. I made corn on the cob while arty made this mixture of sausy and whole berries to put into the berry cobler. Then I made mashed potatoes and homemade gravy and topped everything off with homemade tortilla chips and a texas style salsa using the tomatoes I had gotten from the cornwagon and the extra corn pieces that were on a half of a cob for baby tori. This was aunt jess's favorite and I knew she would want to take some home with her.

By now pretty much everyone had shown up. I could hear their idividual voices floating around the corner into the kitchen. Thankfully everything was finished because I could hear them all talking about how starving they were lol. I started to get out the heavy duty plastic plates when arty reached up and grabbed my hands.

"What?..." I said suspiciously eyeing. But he had this so incredibly sexy smirk on his face before he melted his lips on mine and shoved me up against the cabinets behind me. He kissed me till I couldnt breath and then moved to my neck where I unfortunately had to stop him because after he hits my sensative spot, its over and I have no boundries and no desire to stop and he knew it by the way he was looking at me almost laughing lol. I kissed him one last time and then his cheek before going back over to the bag of plates and dished up everyones meal.

At this time, we were all sat around the table in the middle of eating and chatting as friendly as we could to one another. The whole time I had been getting compliments. "This is amazing," "this is the best ncjdjcndj ive ever had" lol. I had to admit I was proud of myself for prepairing all of this. It was well worth my whole entire day.

"Taylor...wheres your necklace?" Dad asked, but as soon as he did, the whole table went silent and all of their eyes went to me, awaiting my answer.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and looked at my dad in a way that said "this is a private matter that only you and I know." Thankfully he nodded his understanding and politely asked everyone if they would excuse us for just a few moments. I fallowed him to the kitchen.

"What happened bug?"

"Last night, I was getting out the milk and I heard this whisper, it was calling my name. Then I felt the choking again and all of a sudden, as quick as it all started, it ended, but I felt my necklace get yanked off and thrown across the room. I picked it up and went to my room. I was going to have it repaired tomorr-"

"No no, let me send it to father Long and he can clense it and have it fixed ok? "

I nodded my head and he pulled me too him and kissed the top of my head. This was the first real sign of affection he had been showing me in a couple weeks and I was really really missing this part of my dad. I had been taking care of him for a while now and I kinda wanted him to take care of me. Not to be selfish its just...im daddys little girl, and its coming to an end quickly, especially since all of this demon stuff started. I squeezed him alittle harder and burried my face in his shirt.

"Im sorry bug. Ill fix it I promise..." we stood there a little while longer in eachothers arms before jess quietly and carefully walked in and almost inaudiably informed us that people were finishing up and asked us if we were ok. And after telling her yes, my dad instructed everyone one on an efficient way of throwing their stuff away and helping me pack up the leftover which thankfully wasnt very many. After seeing how much was eaten, I was determined to make a big breakfast for everyone the morning of halloween so that we could save ourselves for candy later.

Finally it was pumpkin carving time! I had some one candles lit already so that when everyone was finished would could display our pumpkins on our front porch for everyone to see. I was excited when everyones face lit up at the sight of the big pumpkins. Even dad was glowing with happiness and gave me a look that he was proud and my heart melted. Finally in the midst of all this craziness I was able to pull the family together.

By the end of the night everyone had their own pumpkin and as I looked around at everyones carvings I saw witches, wolves, vampires, skeletons, ghosts, and spiders. I also saw the faces of my family glowing in the moonlight along with the candle light as they carried there pumpkins to the front porch, placing them in a neat order.

Arty wrapped an arm around me and handed me a bag of ...honey roasted pumpkin seeds? Whered did....

"Did you do this while I was helping?" I smiled. He did his tiny smirk and I kissed his cheek in thanks.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a very guilty looking nick groff looking at me so I looked at him and smiled walking off to the side alittle. He was by my side in just a second.

"Im sorry about last night, I didnt mean to, I really didnt." He started.

"No nick, its ok. You were drunk, people do things they dont mean when there drunk. I forgive you. Just dont tell my dad." I smiled and we had a small chuckled together before I linked my arm with his and pointed to our ever growing family standing not far from us.

"Besides. This is our favorite time of year. With family. "

We laughed once more and he stopped me at arty and shook his hand and smiled a genuine smile and then walked to dad who started a very lively convorsation with him.

Overall everything seemed wonderful. Everything was perfect. I had everything ive ever wanted. And that was everything I ever needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Just a warning i might not being updating in the next few days because ive got a HUGE scratch in my Nook screen. But after its.fixed there will be only a couple more chapters to come.

NOW HERES THE IMPORTANT PART!!!!!!!!! If your enjoying this story then make sure you go pre-subscribe to the sequal to this book!!!!!!!!! Heres a Link! :http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/531449/My-Dad-My-World-The-Battle/