Status: In process!!!! So suscribe and read on peoples :D

Unexpected!

thirteen...

*Jacob's POV*

"Alright, now where are they?" I thought getting off of my bike. I started heading towards the booth where the racers signed up to race today.

"Can I help you?" The girl who managed the booth asked as I walked up.

"Um yeah. Where's the list?" I asked

"Right here" She handed me the board, "I'm Erica by the way." I looked up from the board and she was just grining a smile that reached her eyes. I knew that smile, that smile was filled with nothing but the smell of phermones.

Ha, if she only knew half of the story. "Jacob." I said and smiled politley back and looked back down at the board. I finally found Sam, Embry, and that kid Jason signed up.

"So are you going to race?" Erica asked.

I didnt look up, "Not today. I'm actually just looking for somebody."

"Who? Maybe I could help."

I finally looked up, "Actually you wouldnt happen to know when Sam's race is going to start?"

She looked confused, "Sam?"

"Um yeah. Samantha..." I looked down to find her last name and pointed at it and showed her the board. "Samantha Flores."

Her face went smug, "You mean the girl Sam?" She asked with a bit of an attitude.

"Yeah why?"

"Yall dating?"

"No." I wish. "She's a friend. My best friend's friend actually. He came here with her."

"Yeah she came with two guys. But I was just wondering cause a lot of guys try to go after her."

"Go after her?"

"Yeah at least half the guys here have asked her out, but--"

"Does she go with them?"

"That i've heard she's rejected everyone here. Of course that just drives the guys crazy..." She added madly. She sighed, I could see she can't stand Sam cause of that. "Other than that, she's supposedly one of the best racers here. SUPPOSEDLY. I don'tparticulary like her. She gets to much attention."

"Huh." That's cause sam doesnt ask for the attention.

"Yup. So you single?" She perked up, smiling.

"Last time I checked, but I'm not looking for anything right now." Other than Sam, I added silently.

"Well when you do..." She grabbed my hand and wrote her number in sharpie on my palm. "Call me. I'd love to hangout sometime."

"Right...." I pulled my hand back. She would use sharpie. "So the race, do you know when it starts?"

"I believe it's about to start."

"Thanks." I said walking away.

"CALL ME JACOB!!" she yelled.

I didnt even look back. I got to the front just in time. At the starting line was Sam's Honda civic and a little red miata. I leaned over the small fence in front of the bleachers and watched. The guy dropped the flag, both Sam and the miata peeled out and they were off. The miata started off up front, then Sam was right beside him. They were neck and neck the entire way, until the last second, Sam punched it and won. "Not bad." I thought.

"Why can't I date someone like her?!" Someone yelled from behind me. I turned around and saw some dude with a buzz cut talking to his blonde friend next to him.

"Like who??" His blonde friend asked.

"Like her." He pointed stright ahead. I looked over to see he was pointing at Sam, where a big guy was walking away from her and Embry. Sam turned and hugged Embry laughing.

I smiled. "Okay. I'll admit she's hot. But your girlfriend isn't bad either. Her.." he paused. I assumed he was pointing at Sam, "..she is hard to get to. Especially with the bulky bahemith guys she hangs with." I overheard his friend say.

"Which makes it all the more challenging and interesting."

This guy is starting to piss me off. Now i get what Erica was saying. I looked to see where Sam was. She walking toward the end of the stands with a drink in her hands. "Time to move" i thought. She sat where hardly anybody was, perfect. I walked on the bleachers a row above her.

"Nice race." I said moving to sit off to the right side behind her.

"Than---" She turned around. "Jacob"

I smiled "Heyy"

She just looked at me, "Hi..."

"You alright?" I asked.

"Uh...yeah. Yeah. Just a little surprised to see you here is all." She turned to watch the races.

"Whose racing?" I asked looking at the track.

"The gray Mitsubushi Lancer is a guy name Kevin and the black Evo is Tyler. "

"Who do you think is going to win??" I asked

She turned and looked at me. "You race right?"

"Yeah." I answered.

"Okay so look at the Evo and then look at the Lancer and you tell me."

I looked at both the cars. Dumbass, of course the Evo is going to win. "The Evo."

She smirked to herself, "See I thought the same thing BUT Tyler is a terrible shifter, he always stalls out. The car doesn't win the race, don't get me wrong it helps A LOT to have a fast car BUT what's a tool without a mechanic to use it properly?" She asked.

"Nothing but a pretty piece of metal."

"Exactly."

"So im guessing you have raced him??"

"Of course. Tyler talks a lot, he thought he could beat me. He was so confident in himself that he could beat me we raced on pink slips."

"NO WAY?!"

"No lie."

"Wait. Word around here is that you haven't lost a race. If that's true then why dont you have that car." I ponted toward Tyler and his car. Just like she said he lost against the Lancer.

She smirked, "Is that the word around here about me?"

"Sure is mam." There's more about her rejecting almost every single guy here but that's another story I thought.

"Well word is right sir. I haven't lost. Don't plan on it either." I smiled. "But I couldn't take his car. I wouldn't want anybody to take my car over a lost race. That's my baby."

"Well aren't you nice. I would have taken the keys and the slip in a matter of seconds after i passed that finish line." That car is gorgeous.

"You haven't raced him yet??" She asked

"Nope, im working on my car right now. And he must have come here recently cause when I was here he wasn't."

Her interest peaked, "You work on your own cars?!" She asked turning towards me.

"Sure do."

"Really?! I'm so glad someone else knows about cars, that way someone will understand what im saying now other than Paul."

"You talk about cars with Paul?!"

"Yeah! He doesnt know as much but he knows a good bit. I taught him some stuff whenever I worked on my Civic at Em's house. He used to go out there and help me out with the heavy lifting." she smirked. "Embry and Jason aren't that great with cars. They leave stuff wrong with their cars to me."

"Ha I know what you mean. Embry used to have me look at his car before I left. But yeah i built my own car."

"NO WAY?!"

"Serious. My rabbit. Little ruff around the edges but runs pretty smoothly and is a beauty."

"Well fudge, your better than me."

I shrugged, "I try."

She held in a laugh and turned back around to the race. I stayed just looking at her. She followed the cars with her eyes, in such an interest. You could tell it calmed her, the racing, the cars, everything about it. She sighed, "Jake??"

"Yeah??"

She turned and looked at me but kept quiet. I stared at her eyes, each second that went by I felt that pull towards her go stronger with her looking at me like that. She shook her head slightly, like she was in a trance or something. "Im sorry." Wait, what?? I must have shown the look of confusion on my face cause she went on, "Im sorry for everything, for whatever I caused between you and Em and hope you two can make up." She looked down at the bench, "and I'd really like it if.." she looked back up at my eyes, "..if me and you could start over"

Well definately not expecting that, but hell i'll take that anyday. I smiled, "For one, your too sweet, it's not your fault. Your not the one to blame, trust me. Two, that's kind of why I came today, to talk to him. And three.." I offerd her a hand shake "Hi, im Jacob, you are?" I smiled.

She laughed and shook my hand, "Samantha. Well Sam, everyone calls me Sam." She let go of my hand.

"Well Sam you are an awesome racer, and I'd love to race you someday."

"Give me time, date, and place, and i'll be there to kick your butt."

"Ha! Unlikely but i'll have my people to call your people."

"Humph, i'll be sure to tell my assistant to look out for your call." she grabbed her empty bottle of vitamin water and stood up, "Im going to get another drink, want anything?"

"Uh yeah." I reached in my pocket and handed her a $5. "Bottle of gatorade please." She shook her head at the money, not taking it. "Sam take it please."

"No it's cool. They guy that manages the stand gives me drinks for free."

"Really?" Hell I have to pay all the time.

"Yeah, he's a cool guy." Or he just likes you "What color gatorade? You look like you like a blue gatorade. Is blue fine??"

"When is blue not okay??"

"When green is there." she answered

"Favorite color??" I asked looking up at her.

"Hellz yeah!" she laughed. "I'll be back" she said and turned to walk off.

Well that went well. Time to deal with Embry now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yah!!!! Friendship rekindled. And i just noticed that I never said who some of the characters are portrayed by.

Sam is portrayed by Emma Watson.
Twilight characters are all the same.
Jason is portrayed as Luke Bilyk.

I would put links to them but i dont know how so yup! But they are now in the "characters" section for this story so click that ^^^^^^ button up there and you'll see :>)