Dear Fred

1.

Dear Fred,

It's been three years since we lost you. Three. Fucking. Years. I could say that the time went by way too fast; that I never realized that three years had gone by, but I can't. I could never lie to you, Freddie, so I can't say that the years went by in a blur.

A lot has happened in the past three years. I'm sure you're looking down on us and you know everything that's happening. But I feel the need to tell you. Just like I've always felt the need to talk to you.

Harry finally asked Ginny to marry him. Took him long enough, considering he had asked mum and dad about it right after the war. They're planning on getting married this November. Can you believe it? Our baby sister is finally all frown up!

Ron and Hermione are still a mess, sort of. They got married last year. Hermione actually wanted to finish her seventh year before marrying him! The poor sod was heartbroken; till she proposed. That's right. Hermione Granger proposed to the git, and not the other way round! Who'd have thought?

Bill and Fleur are happy at Shell cottage. They have a daughter now, Victoire. And they have another kid on the way. They're hoping its a boy this time.

Mum and dad are...coping. They all seem to have moved on, accepted the fact that you're gone. I feel like I'm the only one who's holding on. Well, besides Angelina. You remember her, don't you, Freddie? I'm sort of married to her now. I didn't think I had it in me. I never was the marrying sorts. That was all you.

I still remember the day like it was yesterday. I still feel the pain. It's slowly starting to numb me now. I didn't expect it to happen this soon. Maybe, hopefully, someday, I'll wake up and you'll just be a happy memory. I won't feel the pain anymore. But the pain, it's what reminds me of you. The pain keeps me grounded, reminding me of the fact that my soul-mate, my twin brother, existed. He existed and now he's left me. All alone.

I'm not alone though, am I? I know you're still here with me, even if it's just in spirit. I know you're watching over me. Probably shouting and screaming at me too, for wallowing around in sorrow for so long or for doing or saying something stupid.

I still look for you when I have a joke I need to tell, you know. I always look for you when I have a new idea for a prank or when I just need someone to talk to. No one really understands that. No one ever could, though. Angelina tries to help me through the pain, but at times it gets unbearable.

I wish you didn't have to go. I wish you didn't have to leave like you did. I wanted us to grow old together. I wanted to meet your wife, your kids, hell, your grand kids even. I wanted to see you grow old and wrinkly. I wanted us to do a whole lot of things together, just like we planned. But things don't always go according to plans, do they?

I can't help but wish it was someone else. Percy, even. Yes. That's how selfish I've gotten. I'd rather have Percy dead than you. If it wasn't for him....I know. I shouldn't blame him. It wasn't his fault. It was no one's fault. I just wish we had more time together.

I can't wait for death to come claim me. I can't wait to die. I want to be by your side again, I want to be able to talk to you, to hug you. I want to live again. Live with my bestfriend, my soulmate. I want to live with you again, Freddie. I want to live with you in death.


Love,
George
♠ ♠ ♠
Firstly, Happy birthday Gred and Forge!
Obviously, this is a birthday tribute to the twins. I'm not one for fanfics, really, so I do know that this one is a little abrupt and probably a little...not George-like.
Either way, comments appreciated!