My love will you ever come to be?

Chapter 11: Welcome To Rehab!

Amber was doing much better. It had been 2 and half months. She was accepted in a nearby rehabilitation program. Everyday Amber felt less and less depressed. She did not have the urn to kill herself anymore. Her friends visited her everyday, even Cristy.
"I'm sorry for what I was acting like Cristy. I never should have cursed you out." said Amber during visiting hours.
"It's ok Amber. It wasn't your fault, it was mine. I should have been more understanding." said Cristy.
"Well were all sorry and Amber we are so happy you are getting better. We would have all...all.....well we would of met you up there if you did it!" said Stephanie enthusiastically.
"May we interrupt?" said a voice coming from the door. "Mike! Rob!" screamed Amber. She ran over to hug them both.Once Rob set eyes on Amber, he started to cry. It wasn't a bawling like a baby kind of cry, it was a sympathy cry. Amber looked and took Rob into her arms. "I'm so sorry I forced you to do this, to be here!" cried Rob. "It's ok! It's not your fault. I would have ended up here anyway." Rob laughed a little, but didn't stop crying. Amber took Rob by the chin and gave him an innocent kiss. At this he finally stopped.
When the two sat down on the couch, Amber in between Mike and Rob. Mike laid a hand on Amber's knee and whispered into Amber's ear "I do love you." Amber whispered back "Is this sympathy, because that is not what I need now." "No I came to my senses. I do love you. Will you be my girlfriend." "I don't know, I don't want to hurt Rob." Rob had heard the whole conversation and said "You won't hurt me. Go ahead" "Thank you Rob!"

Amber finished rehab within another month. When she got out her and Mike went out on a real date. They were having so much fun together. They were in so much love.
Amber's mother and father were being much nicer and calmer around her. They knew what the result would be if they snapped at her to much. Amber's father stopped smoking. It was very hard for him, but he managed to do it.
Amber's life was perfect to her. It was exactly how she imagined it. Perfect boyfriend. Perfect mom and dad. Perfect friends. Perfect.
She was preparing for a one year anniversary date with Mike. She went shopping by herself for some new clothes. She bought a beautiful blue satin dress. It was on sale for half off. When she tried it on, it fit her perfectly. It shaped around her and she felt good in it.

When she left the store, she was very careless. She crossed the street without looking. She made it half across to the divider fine. When she crossed the rest of the road the light had been green and she got hit by a speeding car. The man must have been drunk because he didn't even stop. He just kept driving.
Amber was killed instantly that day. Her funeral was very sad. Mike laid on her coffin and wouldn't let go. He kept shaking her and yelling saying "Wake up Amber! Wake up!" Nothing worked. All her friends knew she didn't want to die yet. As all sad eyes were stuck to the sight of her coffin. There was not a dry eye in the parlor.
No one wanted to move on. No one did. No one ever will.
"No one can have a perfect life. No story in the world, has a happy ending." said Rob as he watched Amber's coffin get lowered into the ground.

The End