Arranged Marriage

First meeting part two.

Once we had finished eating Mrs Allen brought mugs of steaming hot coffee into the dining room and cleaned up the used pots.
"So Melissa, what else did your Mothers letter say" My grandad asked
"Well she wants Gerard and I to attend Sophie's Birthday celebrations" I replied
"Are you going to attend" He asked
"Well we'll have to wont we, she's throw a strop if we don't"
The clock in the hallway chimed as the hand reached 10. "It's getting late, I'll have George take you back to your hotel Gerard" My grandfather said as he stood up from the table "Goodnight sweetheart, Gerard" he nodded as he left the room.
"George?" Gerard asked as we rose from our seats "My grandfathers driver" I told him as we made our way back down the corridor and into the entrance hall. Opening the front door, we both stepped out into the cold night air. "Don't make plans for tomorrow, I'm taking you out" Gerard told me as he stopped at the top of the steps "Ok" I replied as George pulled the car up in front of the house "I'll see you tomorrow then, goodnight" I told him placing a kiss on his cheek. "Goodnight"
He made his way down the stairs and George opened the car door, turning around he raised his hand before climbing into the car. I waved as the car pulled out of the drive way before returning inside.
"I take it your happy with the arrangement then" Mrs Allen asked from the base of the stairs "He's perfect Mrs Allen" I replied closing the door, locking it and making my way over to her "I'll see you in the morning" making my way up the stairs "I'll see you in the morning Miss, goodnight"
"Goodnight"

Entering my room I drew the curtains before wiping away my makeup and changing in to my sleep wear, pulling the bed covers down I slipped between the sheets and fell asleep with a smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but I hope you enjoy it