Status: Progress Completed :)

UpSide Down Alice

Her Night Out

Mitchell was pissed, once again her father managed to screw up her plans because his thing, provoked her in another argument. She seethes for a moment then hatches a plan. She knew that they never check up on her when she is in her room, so she cranks up the music and decides to sneak out. She checks to see that the cost is clear, twice, and then heads off down the block. She hears her father emerge from the house so she takes the heavily wooded route for extra cover. She rolled her eyes at the thought of her ‘home’ and lets her cousin know that she was headed to her house after all. She was grateful for the warm weather at least that was making this whole ordeal worth it already. Her uncle saw her appear and knew she wasn't supposed to be there but decided to cover for her. He wasn't fond of that thing her father wedded either. She cast that woman to the very back of her mind, knowing that the purpose of sneaking out was to enjoy herself.

Mitchell latched arms with her cousin and headed towards the ac board walk. They met up with many others, and hopped on the bus that would take them to their destination. She was surrounded by thirteen other people and though crowds aren't usually her thing, anything was better than being at home. She grateful to be with friends, telling jokes on the sand, getting chased by a fat angry dude, splitting two orders of cheese fries amongst them all. She laughed as they split four fries as evenly as they could so they could all have an even amount. She even enjoyed walking through the amusement park without money to spare just flirting with the people working the games, and creating life stories for each of them with her friends.

They had goofed off for so long that they almost forget that they had homes to return too. It was getting late, so they decided to head back to the bus, to go back to their neighborhoods and Mitchell's personal hell. She really didn't want to go home but that time had come for them all to leave and she didn't want to stay here alone either. When they realized they had missed the last bus out, the five of them scrambled to call parents for rides. Even Mitchell tried, despite the fact that she creeped out in the first place, at this point she was their only hope, since every other parent was unavailable. Unsurprisingly to Mitchell her father again disappointed, even hurt her with his words. Her safely getting back home was no concern of his. She broke the news to her remaining friends and they all were a bit distressed by the news. How were they to get home?

So now the five of them had two choices, walk the highway or a pitch black road on the side of the ocean. So they sat down, pouting about their misfortune before trudging into the dark road. Mitchell remained amused with everyone’s over dramatics about dying on this path. She was just happy that her six mile trek was with such great friends. She didn't mind the darkness, or the walking. When they spotted the lights of civilization the pairs kissed and Mitchell watched idly, waiting for her cousin to walk her home. Still chuckling to herself about her cousin's boyfriend's fake tears during the walk here. Unlike the others relief didn't come with the lighting from the nearby homes, instead she was dismayed. She really didn't want this adventure to end.

She felt the dread wash over her as she closed in on the house where she was living. Her cousin refused to leave her side, thankfully, and decided to enter into the home with her. Mitchell knew when she entered her front door that her mood would be ruined. So she mentally prepared herself before going in. She stormed in quickly and changed her clothes knowing her stay would be short, a few minutes after her arrival father was yelling at her again. He was calling her names, putting her down. She could almost see the sneer on that thing's face as she was sure she was pleased by these events. Mitchell refused to argue an longer with her father, for today at least. So running out of the house, followed closely by her cousin, she went to spend the night at her house. There she could have peace and even some fun, she wouldn't have to pretend there.

____________________________

“I am such a little rebel.” Alice smirked at me as she recalled her tale.

“Very much so Alice.”

I didn't push her to speak about the dark bits that tainted such a nice memory. Instead like her, I focused on the thrills of her night. I smiled down at her as she made a crown of flowers, ignoring the protest of their brethren. She placed the crown on her long black hair and smiled, humming an unknown tune as a glow encircled her. I knew the time would be soon, so I walked over to her and let her scratch my ears. I knew time was running out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait ♥ I have been busy and going on a mini-vacation to visit in real life Alice, so there many be another gap. Sorry again.

Show me love please