Status: Progress Completed :)

UpSide Down Alice

A Bit about the Cat

I was scared, it was dark and I couldn’t see a thing around me. All I knew was that a few months ago Mitchell went out and never came back. Naturally I was worried about her, being her sister and all, even if it was sister by choice. I squeezed my eyes shut hoping that it would somehow make me hear better, since I couldn’t see and all, but of course that wasn’t successful. I shook my head and laughed nervously. I was better off above ground and helping the police find Mitchell, but I had found this hole and I just knew she was down here. I couldn't explain how I knew, I just did. I also knew, no one would believe me until I came down here and got her to come back with me. I bit my lip hard and decided to yell out, hoping that Mitchell would come to me.
_________________________________________________________________

It was surreal seeing me calling for help in the midst of tangled branches. I had forgotten just how warped Wonderland could be. Alice laughed while she watched the frightened and confused girl squirm against the jagged branches. They cut her skin; I felt the blood trickling from my fur. I hissed at the suddenness of the sharp pain, forgetting that I could even feel pain. I had been here so long; time itself was no longer a factor. I moved towards her, grabbing her with my tail and pulling her into the darkness.
________________________________________________

I was screaming as a creature pulled me deeper into the thickness of the tree. Its long tail cutting into my waist, as the air pressed harshly against my lungs. I wanted to scream but then a large paw covered my mouth. All that did was muffle the sound but increase the horror I felt. What is this place? Why would Mitchell choose to stay here? I tried to pry myself from this beast but I couldn't, its grip was far to powerful.

“Don’t fight it darling.” The creature hissed at me through pointed teeth that were revealed in a huge grin. “I am not here to hurt you; I am just here to let you know that this is not real. You are suffering from delusions and will die always living in them.”
_________________________________________

I felt her go slack and die in my embrace. I will never really know what cause her tragic death and I will spend forever wondering. I signed and tossed her on the ground, I watched as she vanished. The best of me lost in the embrace of an unforgiving shadow. Alice popped up next to me.

“Where did she go?” Her eyes where fixed on the spot where she once lay.

“She was never here Alice.” I brushed past her and she stayed staring at the empty place.

“I thought I would have a new playmate.” She pouted at me before shrugging. “Oh well,” then she ran off to play with Wendy.

I watched as she ran blissful through the twist and turns of the ever changing maze. For brief moments I could only imagine what was playing through her mind. The strange occurrences here always seem to blur as quickly as they come. I felt what happen moments ago fade until all I could remember was dancing with Alice as the flower petals feel around us. I smiled at her as she tugged on Wendy’s hand, none the wiser then she of what was lurking in the shadows.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its short but the story isn't about Cheshire. So I didn't feel the need to elaborate beyond this.

♥ Comment please