Status: Progress Completed :)

UpSide Down Alice

The Hunt Begins

I hated that they kept showing up here. I hated all of these stupid bratty little girls with their prefect hair and bright smiles. I wish they would all stop falling into this 'rabbit hole' as they call it. This was my world, and I needed no one else to be showing up here. I am the only woman this whole world needs. The newest one was a girl named Mitchell, who wouldn't stop asking around about me. I was surprised that the girl would really be that foolish and open about her blunt interest. She no longer answers to her true name either; she will only answer to Alice. I wondered to myself if the girl even remembers who she really is. Not that it matters, even if the smallest part of her did Wonderland will change that. That is why she was here, Wonderland craved a new Queen. So, does my husband, for that matter. That wasn't my main concern through, ridding of her was. I didn't want my husband’s wandering hands to land on that girl. It was as if he heard me think of him because he walked into the room at that very moment. He was filthy; I am sure from parading around as his alter ego, The Mad Hatter. I didn't dare to ask him, I knew that he wouldn't be honest about it anyway. Instead I fixed my hair and dress a bit before address him.

“Hello dear.” I smiled for him, through I much rather not.

He didn't say one word to me; he simply grabbed his crown off the table and left the room. I slouched back into my chair feeling dreadfully under the weather. I needed some cheering up, so I called a guard and ordered him to capture me anyone who may be displeasing to me. I smiled wickedly to myself; a good beheading will do me good. I was caught up in such good thoughts when I received a letter from one of my bird spy. The letter stated that Cheshire was working with the girl and I growled. I hated Cheshire more then all else, that sneaky cat was always managing to slip out of my grip every time I think I have her cornered. I grit my teeth, and shoo the messenger away from me. This Alice girl must be apprehended, and who was this Wendy she was looking for. My doctor’s have brought me no one new, so strange that she would think I had her captive. In fact, I have no reports of such a girl entering into this land. Never mind that, I needed to relax, everything will work out. It always does.

My dress swished as I made my way to the croquet field for a quick game. I picked one of my card soldiers to face me and smiled at him. If he was wise he would lose. Of course he would, they all do when the play against me. Half way through our game two guardsmen’s came in holding a whimpering cow creature. The cow begged me to spare him, spoke about a future, told me that he would do anything. He said he would even tell me where the best place to find Alice is. Of course I was intrigued and there was no way he would die now, at least not at the moment. He was far too useful to me. I felt a true smile pull up at my face. This was the best news I had gotten all day.

“What is your name good sir?” I lifted his head so I could look into his eyes.

“They call me Mock Turtle your highness.” His voice trembled as he addressed me.

“Well Mock Turtle, we are going to have a lovely partnership you and I.” I singled for the guards to let him go. “Now tell me, where do I find the girl?”
♠ ♠ ♠
And the plot thicken further!