Status: Progress Completed :)

UpSide Down Alice

Draven the Dragon

Mitchell woke up early that morning she knew today would be the day she went to land of wonder. The greatest amusement park! It was the place where everything made sense and her family was the happiest. She threw on clothes in a hurry and found her father making pancakes for breakfast. He made the best pancakes. Slowly family members trickled in with excited faces. All ready for what the day would have in store.

The car ride there was a blur. She could hardly remember anything expect a fast streak of purple and pink cloud. She tried to find it again but it was long gone, like everything else that passed by. She was waiting to see the beach come into view. Once she saw the sand, she knew they would be there. Today she would conquer Draven! She was sure she would be tall enough this year!

Family spilled out of cars and Mitchell impatiently waited for the grownups to catch up. She was ready to fly through the skies on the dragon that seemed to call to her each year. She stared up at him, his green body twisted in the air bringing on a chorus of screams. She felt a thrill in her stomach. I will be tall enough, she told herself.

When the parents caught up she would waste no time at all. She had to know what it felt like. She tapped her foot for what seemed like forever before she turned around and saw the grownups laughing and strolling towards her. Don't they know how important this is, she thought. This is going to be life changing; she tried to move them faster with her mind.

After what felt like a small eternity her whole family was in the park. Once inside, she clutched tight to her father's hand pulling him forward. She had no time to waste. She wanted to check if she was finally tall enough to ride the dragon. Weaving through the bodies she knew this was it. She would convince him to convince her mom to let her ride. She had watched it looped and twirl for years in a fearful awe of its power and beauty. This was the moment she had been waiting for.

She found the height sign and hurried towards it. Pressing her body against it she stood up tall, thinking tall thoughts in hopes that it would make her dream come true. It worked! She made the height requirement! She smiled a wide smile, showing off slight dimples in her cheeks. The day had finally come. She flew towards the line, hair whisking back, chasing her like a dark shadow.

Her heart pounded in her chest like a bird desperately trying to free itself from its cage. Her blood was moving faster, pounding in her ears. She sat when it was her turn and prepared to fly. Draven, she thought, we meet at last. Her heart beat ripping faster and she was off. She felt herself being pushed back by the sheer force of Draven’s speed. Her green eyes wide open taking it all in. She felt an emotion she had never felt before, it was like magic. Like nothing and everything could hurt her at the same time. Nothing made sense, everything was clear. These contradictory emotions were too much for her young mind to bear. All she knew was that she loved this! She never wanted this moment to end.

"Alice!"

I watched her eyes rip open.

"Where am I?"

"This is wonderland Alice. You are in your new home."

A familiar purple and pink cloud laughed a childish laugh in her ear and vanishes.

She was back on the home under her covers. Her room was dark with only small glimmer of moonlight glittering in through the opening in her curtain. She laid her head back down on the pillow. The last thing she remembers was reliving the ride on Draven when she must have dozed off. What a weird dream. Weird because it seemed so familiar, so strangely safe and yet it was like no place she had ever seen before.

Her mind quickly returned to the ride, her very first flight. She turned over on her bed and squeezed her eyes shut, wishing she could capture the feeling of flying in her mind and body forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and let me know what you think