Status: Progress Completed :)

UpSide Down Alice

Alice's peace

Mitchell ran out of the shower with a brush in her hand. She was thrilled because she knew her abuela was with her today. That’s why she rushed through her shower. She didn't even scrub at her skin as hard as she usually does. She was just so excited to spend time with her. She knew that abuela was going to brush her hair and tell her the coolest stories from her youth.

“There is my amado nenita.” Mitchell ran into her grandmother’s embrace.

Mitchell’s abuela’s arms gave her the only comfort she could rely on. With everything around her falling apart, this was her only constant. Mitchell took a deep breath to get the scent of her abuela’s skin imbedded into her mind. These were the moments she never wanted to forget, the moments she never wanted to end. Abuela nelida gently caressed her skin and Mitchell handed her the brush. Mitchell sat at her feet, and she laid her head against her legs. Abuela nelida began to brush her long hair; it was such a loving gesture. Mitchell waited patiently for the stories she knew would follow.

“When I was a girl, I had many handsome suitors.” Mitchell smiled; excited for the tale she knew was going to come. “I was a very beautiful young lady; I had it going on as they say. I drew the attention of many males, must have been my chest. On this one day, I stood eye to eye with a green eyed devil, a handsome devil that is. I loved they way he dressed, and his kisses were lovely. One day you will get kisses too.”

Then she attacked Mitchell with kisses, she didn't mind the short interruption to story. Mitchell was basking in attention from her grandmother; she was her very best friend. The one person who adored her for who she was, she knew that whatever secrets she told her would be completely safe with her.

“I stayed with the green eyed devil for a little while but even in that short time he started to grow attached to me. Well this young gentleman loved me very much, he wanted to marry me.” She then cringed her face in horror. “I knew it didn't want to marry him! I mean I liked him well enough but nothing he did swept me off my feet. Any guy could be like him, you have to marry someone special, who stands out in a crowd. Most importantly, you want him to stand out in your heart.”

She and Mitchell spent the rest of the time interchanging stories from her childhood, and Mitchell’s school days. Abuela told her about motorcycle rides, wild parties, nights where she never went home at all. Mitchell basked in the glow of her grandmother’s love, and her stories. She didn't want to go to bed, she wanted to stay up all night listening to her speak. She stifled a yawn, in hopes that it would keep the tiredness away. She watched as a purple and pink creature run across the threshold. She knew that sleep would come one fast now. She fell asleep on her grandmother’s legs, unaware of when it occurred.

Alice’s eyes flew open and she stared at the treetops of Wonderland, tears streaming down her face. Her hands were clasped fast to her chest, her hair floated upward. It was already strange that she had a need to sleep her in Wonderland but the way she woke up was strange as well. I knew she must have fell into the fleshy world for a moment. I watched as she returned fully to Wonderland. A peace filled her face, despite that slow steady stream of tears trailing on her face.

“Abuela.” She whispered to the air and it began to glitter with the word.

The glitter, falling on a her, causing small coat to cover her body. I hovered over Alice; I knew she didn't want to release this memory, not with the small smile on her face. Tears in her eyes still couldn't hide the sweetness in the memory. Whomever Alice was thinking of she cleared adored, the sparkle in her eyes displayed a deep love. I smiled and left her to bask in the glow of the love that filled her.
♠ ♠ ♠
:3