Status: Completed! - the sequel is 18 And Life To Go

Diamonds and Stones

Chapter 11

"Come to see Lizzy?"
"Oh, hi. Yeah, if she's home?"
I turned around. Lizzy couldn't back out of this one, she was standing in plain sight.
"Well, I think Phil and I should go out for a walk," I said, hurriedly stepping out of the house, then turning around on the front steps. "Oh, um, Lizzy. Call me when... After... Ya know."
She nodded, and Phil and I left.
"You were in a hurry to leave," Phil said, wrapping an arm around my waist. I did the same and leaned against him. "It usually takes anyone ages to drag you out of the house!"
I laughed. "I know. But, uh, Lizzy and Finn have got some important stuff to go through and I didn't want you to leave."
I looked up at him and smiled. He smiled back.
"What type of important stuff?"
"You do not even want to go there."
"Why not?" he asked as he held the door to one of the cafés open for me.
"Thanks. Erm, it's just..."
He chuckled. "It's alright. I won't push it."
I smiled at him, and then bit my lip. Finn was a nice guy, but he wouldn't take it well. At least, I don't believe so.
"You seem really worried. You sure it's nothing you want to talk about?"
"No, I'm sure."
I stayed quiet, lost in thought while Phil placed the order. I tried to argue with him to let me pay my hot chocolate, but he refused. Eh, we had our days, as to who pays when.
"It's a bit cold, isn't it?" Phil said, handing me my cup as we started walking down the sidewalk again.
"Not really," I said.
"You're never cold anyways!"
I grinned. "That is true."
He just smiled, rolling his eyes slightly.
After a bit, concluding that there was really nothing better to do, we stepped into the park.
"Oh, Phil!" I said, grabbing him by the arm and dragging him over to a bench. "Remember this place?"
He grinned. "Of course I do."
We sat down and I rested my head on his shoulder. He rested his on top of mine.
"You're right, it is a bit cold," I said, pulling my jacket tighter.
"I told you!" he laughed. "I'd give you my jacket, but it's way too cold."
I laughed as well. "Nah, it's alright, I'll live."
We sat in a comfortable silence for a while, then I said softly, "Hey Phil?"
"Yeah?"
"Can I ask you something?"
"You know you can."
"I don't want you to think I'm implying anything."
"What do you mean?"
"You'll see."
"Okay."
"Say I was... Pregnant. How would you react?"
"Juliette, what ar-"
"Phil, I told you, I'm not implying anything."
"But that's a strange question..."
"It's just relevant to something that's going on in a person I know's life."
"Oh, okay, um, well. I don't know. I guess it would be my fault?"
"But what would you do?"
"I don't know. I'd try to help you out, I suppose."
"Okay. And say, you found out it isn't yours. Then what?"
He sat up straighter, and I turned to face him. "Juliette, seriously, wha-"
"Just answer it, please. I need to have a bit of an idea what she should expect."
"I'd be pissed. Personally, I'd be sad too, cause I trust you so much. I don't think I'd want to be... To still... Be with you, even though you mean so much to- well, actually, you know what? I don't know. It would depend on the situation. If you have no recollection of what happened, if you know who it was, if it happened willingly... But really, Juliette? Why these questions?"
"Don't take it the wrong way, there ain't a living creature growing in here," I said, pointing to my stomach. "I just... I needed to know. The person and I... We're really close. I want to reassure her, or to know what to expect, ya know?"
He nodded. "I understand."
"Please don't think I'm... That it's actually happening to me."
"Those questions were a bit strange, but as I said, I trust you."
I smiled and hugged him. "Hey Phil?"
"Yes Juliette?"
"You're the best."
"I know," he laughed, and I smacked him on the back of the head playfully.
I pulled away and kissed him softly. "So who's this friend of yours that you're asking so many questions for?"
"You'll get to know," I sighed. We sat and talked for a bit, then my phone rang.
"Hello?"
"Hey, Juliette. You should come now..." Nancy said.
"I fear the worst."
"I suppose you should."
"And Phil?"
"Let him- wait, I'll ask Lizzy."
There was some shuffling noise and muffled voices, then Nancy got back to the phone. "Yeah, let him come."
"Alright. Be right there."
I hung up, stuffed my phone into my pocket, and said, "Come on. I've got to get back."
We walked back, hand in hand. In front of my house, I stopped him.
"Wait, Phil. I think you should know. The friend I was talking about... Is Lizzy."
"Crap, that must be horrible," he said, frowning sadly. "I don't think I should intrude... It isn't... I mean..."
"No, Phil. It's alright. You can help. You and Dan are friends, right?"
"Yeah, I guess we are."
"Come on."
"Fine, we're rather good friends."
"Then you can help."
♠ ♠ ♠
D: What happened?!

Okay, I'm not too fond of this chapter.. But I might edit it. ^.^
Thank you for all who subscribed!! Love you!