Status: Completed! - the sequel is 18 And Life To Go

Diamonds and Stones

Chapter 17

"So you see, it wasn't too bad!" Phil smiled at me. "You were nervous for nothing."
I just shrugged. "I guess you're right."
"Hey, you don't have to accompany me again if you don't want to!"
"No no no! I really don't mind, it's fine, Phil! I can do that much for you."
"Are you sure?"
"Of course," I smiled.
The wind blew around us, ruffling our hair and I laughed. "Ah, summer's almost here!"
"Yep," he said, and I didn't even have to look over at him to know that he was smiling. "Do you have plans?"
"Yeah, I believe I do."
"Oh? What are they?"
"Spend time with the guys, with Lizzy, ya know. And especially, spend time with one of the most amazing people ever."
"Who would that be?"
I looked at him and grinned. "You, dummy!"
He grinned back and kissed my cheek.
We walked around for a little while, crossing Nancy, and Lizzy and Dan. Nancy had given me a strange look, as if... I don't actually know what she meant by it.
But when I got home, I found out.
"Wait, what do you mean I can't see Phil anymore?" I said, hands curled in confusion.
"You heard me. I don't want you dating him, or any other boy for that matter."
"I thought you liked Phil!"
"I do," she sighed. "He's a nice kid. It's nothing personal, it's just that I.. I don't want the two of you involved with boys at the moment."
"Then why are you telling me this, while Lizzy's out with Dan at this very moment?"
"Because she's not home yet."
"But of course," I said, semi-sarcastically. "But Nancy, this isn't fair."
"It doesn't have to be fair, I'm your mother!"
"That line doesn't work on me."
"Don't give me attitude, you're already grounded."
"Grounded?! You never said anything about grounding us!"
"Yes well I'm saying it now. No leaving the house after school until summer."
I groaned in frustration. "What do you want me to do, stuck at home the whole day?"
"I don't know, whatever! But no leaving the house and no boyfriends."
"That isn't fair! You can't stop me from seeing Phil, not now! Not now that he's- that we need each other!"
"Yeah well, you're going to have to wait until summer."
"That isn't fair! I love him, Nancy. You're not going to stop me from seeing the one I love!"
"You're teenagers, honey. It seems like love, but it-"
I stormed off to my room and slammed the door. This WASN'T happening.
I grabbed my journal and wrote down the whole scenario, letting my anger out onto the paper. After explaining the situation, I realized something and hastily wrote down:
Don't get me wrong. I'm not some lovesick idiot. I'm not freaking out because I can't see Phil after school...
Well fine, I kinda am. But not because 'Oh he's my boyfriend, I'm gonna die if I don't see him'. No. Because he needs me right now, to accompany him to therapy, to help him out. And I need him, so that I know he's getting better. Does that make sense or is it stupid?

I threw my journal aside and turned on my music. Almost by fate, "All I Want" by A Day To Remember began playing. I looked at my speaker, lost in thought.
That song has helped me out through a lot of tough and miserable times. The number of things I owed to it was incredible. That my iPod chose now to play it wasn't simply a coincidence to me.
After a bit, as I was answering a text from Jack, I heard the faint sound of yelling coming from downstairs under my music.
Lizzy slammed open my door and then slammed it shut.
"I can't believe her!" she said. "Has she told you?"
I nodded.
"That's horrible! It seriously sucks, my god."
"But... Lizzy... You're not dating anyone."
"I know, but I'm not allowed to leave the house either."
"Oh," I said, looking down. Lizzy sat beside me.
"It must really suck for you. You know, because of the whole Phil thing..."
"It does."
"Have you told him?"
"No, because I've got a plan."
"Don't tell me."
"I have to do this for him. I have to, I want to. I want to be there for him. And if I have to sneak out to do it, then you can bet your last Pierce The Veil CD that I will."
"We've gotten ourselves into such a huge mess..."
"And it's only getting worse."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yo I don't like this chapter either. I'm getting better at uploading faster... I think?
Let me know what you think. Thank you all for reading! It really means the world to me.

edit: OH MY GOD I DIDN'T KNOW I HAD 30 SUBSCRIBERS. Laugh all you want, but to me, this is a big deal! Thank you thank you!!