Status: Completed! - the sequel is 18 And Life To Go

Diamonds and Stones

Chapter 23

It had been about a week or so after Dan's whole surprise, and Lizzy and I were sitting in the ice-cream parlour, just randomly talking about life.

"So, Lizzy," I said between spoonfuls of my cookies-and-cream ice-cream. "Have you and Dan chosen a name?"

"Err... Well..."

"Come on, don't tell me you haven't!"

"No, we have... What do you think of the name Holly May? For a girl?"

"No shit, Sherlock? I would totally have mistaken that for a guy's name if you hadn't told me!"

"Oh shut up," she said, slapping me on the arm. "I'm serious!"

"Alright, alright. Hm, yeah, it's a nice name... And what if it's a boy?"

"Well, I don't know. Alexander, Cameron, Zachary..."

I shook my head, amused. "Right."

"I can't believe summer's ending soon..." Lizzy sighed.

"I can't believe you won't be around next school year!"

"That won't make such a huge difference to you anyways," she said, sticking her tongue out. "You don't even hang with me at school!"

"Yeah, I know, but it'll still be weird. Senior year, can you believe it? I've honestly waited all my life for this!"

She just nodded in agreement. I decided to shut up about school, which would probably be best in the long run.

---------

"Guuuyyyssss does anyone wanna watch Doctor Who with me?" I cried through the house. Obviously, everyone ignored me. I huffed and decided to watch on my own.

That show had slowly become one of my biggest obsessions. I was on season 5, desperate to be up to date so that I could watch them directly on tv and not feel confused about all the Doctor Who posts on my Tumblr dashboard.

Just as I was settling down to watch, the doorbell rang. As I knew Nancy was in the shower and Lizzy's lazy-ass was obviously not going to open it, I groaned and went down to open it.

My mood lightened immediately after opening the door to a grinning Phil.

"Phil!" I cried, hugging him. "How are you?"

"I'm good, how are you?"

"I'm doing alright! You're just in time!"

"In time? For what?"

"I was about to begin watching Doctor Who, and I wanted to watch it with someone."

"Oh, that's such a strange coincidence!" he laughed.

"Why is that?" I inquired, curious.

"Well," he said, blushing slightly. "I've got something for you."

"For me?"

He nodded, and fished through his pocket, eventually pulling out a small cloth pouch. "I saw it and, uhh, it made me think of you."

I took it from his hand and opened it. My eyes widened in disbelief when I saw the contents of the bag.

"Oh my god!" I practically yelled. I squeaked in delight, then pulled him close and kissed him. "Thank you thank you thank you!"

"So you like it then?" he giggled.

"Yes, I adore it!" I answered. I took a few deep breaths to calm down, then hugged him again. "It's perfect! Just like you."

"You always have to make the moment cheesy, don't you?"

"Yeah, well," I shrugged, pulling away. "It's true."

I pulled out the small chain from the pouch again and grinned at the pendant. "Where did you find this?"

"The same place I found this," he shrugged, pulling out a chain from around his neck, who's pendant was hidden under his tee shirt. I recognized it almost immediately.

"You've got the key to my TARDIS," I giggled. "And I'm the cheesy one?"

"Yeah, well, I guess we're even. Do you need help putting it on?"

"Yes please."

He clasped the chain closed and I grinned. I put my arms around his neck and kissed him again. "I really can't thank you enough."

He bumped his nose against mine, then said, "Don't need to thank me. Now, you said you were about to watch something?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello hello :3 hope you like this bit of cheesiness! Sorry it's so short!
This is Juliette's pendant:
Image
And this is Phil's!
Image