Status: Completed! - the sequel is 18 And Life To Go

Diamonds and Stones

Chapter 8

-3 months later-

Phil closed his locker, and I sighed.
"Walk home with me?"
"Sure. What happened to Lizzy?"
"Finn's walking her home, and I don't want to be stuck in the middle."
Phil laughed, his tongue sticking out slightly, and adorably. "Alright then."
We walked out of the doors and down the road.
"Lizzy's going out tonight," I said.
"Oh?"
"I swear, since she and Finn have started dating, they go everywhere, and together."
"But she's still Lizzy, right?"
"Yeah," I smiled. "That'll never change."
We talked and walked for a bit longer, then finally we reached.
"Do you want to come in?" I asked.
"Why not?"
I stepped inside and held the door open for him.
"Nancy, you home?" I called out.
"Up here!" she called back.
"Phil's over, okay?"
"Okay. Hi Phil!"
"Hello!"
"Come," I said to Phil. We grabbed some stuff to eat from the kitchen, then I said, "Why don't we watch a movie?"
He shrugged, and we went up to my room. I set up the laptop, and we sat on the bed, starting to watch.
After a bit, I was getting bored. I picked up a pillow and smacked him in the face.
"Hey!" he cried, picking another one up and hitting me back.
After 15 minutes, the movie lay forgotten, and we were both laughing, laying on the floor.
"That was fun," he said.
"Yeah," I agreed, trying to calm down. "Argh, my stomach hurts now."
"So does mine," he wheezed.
I looked over at him, into his crystal blue eyes. I seemed to have left my mind somewhere, because the next thing I said was, "Hey Phil, have I ever told you that you have beautiful eyes?"
He blushed, and I followed suit. "No, I... No one's ever told me that."
"Do you surround yourself with blind people?"
He chuckled slightly.
"I'm serious, though."
"Thank you?" he answered sheepishly.
I smiled at him, and he slowly slid closer to me.
What are you doing Phil?!
Oh, shut up.
He got the hint, and didn't seem to mind. I smiled slightly and we kissed softly.
"Hey Juliette?" he mumbled.
"Hmm?"
"Thank you."
"For what?"
"For everything."
I smiled and kissed him again. "How about we go back to that movie?"
We climbed back onto the bed and he tentatively wrapped an arm around my shoulders. I smiled up at him, resting my head on his chest.
"You know, Phil, that day... When Dan asked Lizzy out... And you told me you liked somebody... I felt miserable for days. But then I remembered, you're my best friend. I should be happy for you, and help you out, ya know?"
"And all along, I was talking about you. I was scared, you know. From the day you sat down at my table, I knew that you'd have some kind of impact on my daily life."
"Really?"
"Maybe I was just desperate for someone to love. But you really did change me."
"So did you."
We smiled at each other, not caring about anything else at that moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long to post! Stupid internet problems -.- Anyways, thank you to all 12 suscribers and 52 readers! :3 Ily!