Status: Completed! - the sequel is 18 And Life To Go

Diamonds and Stones

Chapter 9

I woke up, two weeks later, to the sound of someone slamming the bathroom door. I got up, rubbed my eyes, and walked over to the door leading to it. I knocked.
"Lizzy?"
"Yeah?"
Her voice was a bit shaky, and the next thing I heard was a sloshing sound. Ouch.
"You alright?"
"Yeah, I think it's just-"
Again.
"I'll get you a glass of water."
I ran down to the kitchen, filled a glass and checked the time: 3:26 am. Oh god, Lizzy.
I rushed back upstairs. By that time, she had unlocked the door on my side.
"Here," I said, handing the glass to her.
"Thanks."
She sat on the edge of the bathtub, and I leaned against the doorframe.
"Lizzy, you didn't eat anything out of the way today."
"I know. I don't understand. It's been going on since yesterday."
I suddenly became wary. "You're not making yourself throw up, are you?"
"No, Juliette, no! Don't worry."
"Good," I said, relaxing a bit. "You think you'll be okay? Can I go back to bed?"
She nodded.
"Alright. Good night, Elizabeth. Wake me if you need anything!"
"I will. Good night, Juliette."
I walked back into my room and fell asleep almost immediately.
---
"Lizzy isn't coming down for dinner?" Nancy asked, that evening.
"I don't know, she's been a bit sick lately," I said, sliding my plate into the sink. "I'm going to talk to her."
"Alright."
I ran up to her room, and knocked softly.
"Oi, you. It's me."
"It's open."
I had to strain my ears to hear her. I quickly opened the door and slid in. She was sitting on her bed, head in her hands.
"What's going on?" I asked, looking at her worriedly. "Lizzy?"
She got up slowly, and walked over to the bathroom. I followed her slowly.
"I have something to show you."
She handed me something long-ish, and made of plastic. And purple.
I recognised it immediately (curse those lovely fanfiction and imagine writers.). A positive pregnancy test.
But why was Lizzy giving me this?
"Wha-"
"Don't."
"Don't what?"
"Judge me."
I had to resist laughing because of the gravity of the moment, so instead I settled for a cough. "Why would I do that?"
She looked away, ashamed.
"Have you told Finn?"
She shook her head. "I can't."
"What do you mean?"
"I... You might wanna sit down."
I frowned but took a seat on the edge of the bathtub, like she had this morning. "Tell me."
"I can't tell Finn because... Because it... It isn't his."
I blinked a few times as Lizzy slid down to the floor, head in her hands once again.
"What do you mean?"
"The party. That day, when you didnt come, and spent the day with Phil."
"No... Do you at least kno-"
"Yes, of course!" she sighed. "That's what makes it worse!"
"Who is it?"
She took a deep breath. "Dan."
"Wha-?!" I fell backwards into the bathtub. "On est dans la merde! Putain, comment va-t-on s'en sortir? Comment va-t-on le dire à Dan? À Finn? Aie aie aie..."
"Juliette, stop blabbering in French!"
"Did you catch any of that?" I asked, squirming so that I was laying in the bathtub, my legs folded up to my chest.
"Enough to understand I'm in a mess."
"Actually," I explained, sitting up. "I said, "We're in a bloody huge mess. Fuck, how are we going to get out of this? How will we tell Dan? And Finn?"."
"What do you mean, 'we'?"
I smiled at her. "You're my sister. If we fall, we fall together."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking forever to update! :( My internet has been acting up lately, so I've been unable to post things. :(
Anyways, I hope you like it! ^__^