Status: Done :)

Letters to Tammy

His Letter

Dear Tammy,

I have to admit to you, it’s a bit strange to be writing to my girlfriend’s dead sister, but there is so much I want to say. I want you to know that I am trying my very best to care for Sammy. She is the light of my life, even with her grief. I just can’t explain how much I have grown to love her. I have met her one year ago today, which means it has been two years since you have died. In the past four months I have heard so much about you, looked at so many pictures, read old letters, and notes you guys passed in school. I have been reliving your life with Sammy, laughing with her and at times crying with her. You must have been far more brilliant in person then memories could ever really convey.

I wish I could have met you, that things could have been different. Sammy would have been bright and brilliant, shining by your side like she does when she speaks of you. Maybe you would have pointed me out and shoved her in my direction, eagerly watching to see what unfolds. I am eager to see what unfolds Tammy. I am so hopeful for my future with Sammy. I want to kiss her every day from now until forever. I want to mend all the wounds life has left on her heart. I truly want nothing more than Samantha’s happiness.

I have always had terrible relationships. Women seem to fall incredibly in love with my looks, swooning at the thought of having me on their arms. Then they learn of my intelligence, and ambition and become angry when my work doesn't stop being important to me. After a few months of nothing more than steamy kisses, I would see them kissing a coworker, bedding their best friend’s boyfriend and so on. I despise such unladylike like behavior. That is what I find so refreshing about your sister, she is so pure and such a refined, classy woman. I swear my heart skips a beat when she walks into a room. I am intoxicated by the sound of her rare but glorious laughter. Her hooded oak eyes and that luxurious chocolate brown hair of hers, only adding to the beauty of her mind. That’s what drew me to her, they way she writes, her business savvy, and her determination, all pulling me into her world.

I would see her ever month hoping that this would be the month when she noticed me. She was so consumed in work; in grief that she never took note of the way I stared at her. Trust me, I stared. When I had a hunch to try on a Saturday, I saw her crumpled like a child on the floor. My heart broke for her, I just had to hold her, and I could no longer play coy. So I grabbed her up and cradled her in my arms. I am so glad I did Tammy. I often wonder if I would be enjoying my time with her if I hadn't. In this moment I sit in her apartment, watching her pouring herself to you in a letter. Tears slipping down her face freely, yet she wears a faint smile on her face. I do hope I have something to do with that. She just looked at me and mouthed something I couldn't quite get it. Hold on; let me see what she said. Well I supposed you wouldn't mind anyway.

Tammy I am blown away. She started sobbing saying she feels so foolish, that it’s too early. When I asked her what’s wrong, at first she just spoke about missing you. Which of course I expected, especially today of all days. Then she caught me off guard by saying she thinks she is in love with me. I am so thrilled Tammy, all I could do was kiss her. I ran my hands through her hair, kissing her more deeply than I ever had kissed anyone in my whole life. Then I told her that I know that I am in love with her. She threw herself into my arms and said she wishes that you could have met me. She said that you would have love me too. I just want you to know Tammy, I will take care of your sister, and I will love her. I promise to do my very best to keep her happy and I am a man that does not take giving my word lightly.

Your very happy Friend,

Alejandro Fernandez