Status: Done :)

Letters to Tammy

Letter 278

My sweet Tammy,

It was horrid dear, I woke up screaming again. I get married in twelve hour and I will have bags under my eyes from my sleepless nights. It was the nightmare again, you lay there lifeless, then your eyes suddenly open and you scream. The sound just echoes endlessly in your old room, I can’t get the sound out of my head. I am hoping that writing about it will make it better; maybe I will be able to get some sleep. I made myself our favorite honey ginger tea to warm me up. I don’t want to wake Ale with another phone call about how the dreams are disturbed me, I am sure he is already well aware of that fact.

I should tell you more about how he treats me, and how he won me over. I started to realize that I would fall for this guy when he called our parents and asked them permission to court me. Who says that anymore? I was so taken aback by his command of the English language that I was instantly intrigued by him. The more interest he showed in me, the more I wanted to tell him. There wasn’t one thing I would keep to myself about myself. He knew about Jason, you, Claude, the times we cut school, the time we went skinny dipping and got caught. I wanted to let him know all I could about me, for the first time ever, someone who was no you had opened the box that held my emotions. Maybe it was the fact that I was already vulnerable, or that he never pushed me to express myself. Either way his laid back nature, intellect, witty humor, determination and whole hearted kindness had me head over heels in no time flat.

His smoky eyes definitely made him easier to stare at on dates, and I know I wasn’t the only one staring. He is just so good looking even little girls no older than ten, blush in his direction. You should have seen our parents when they met him; mother and mom were so flustered. Blushing at every complement he gave them, subconsciously adjusting their clothes when he looked away. Our fathers adored him, they loved how successful he was, and was proud to hand him their blessing since he can provide for me. They spoke about sports and their wives to him, while I cooked with our moms in the kitchen. I made our favorite Tammy, smothered pork chops with mash potatoes, spinach salad and double fudge brownies for dessert. Mom insisted that I do all the cooking that way I can properly impress my man. I blushed when she said that, I mean it is so weird to have mom refer to someone as ‘my man’. I think I did impress Ale, but I will never know if it was that, or being around my family that made him ask me to be his wife that night.

I was so happy, everyone was. When he left our home to stay in a hotel, father insisted he sleep in their guest room. I would sleep in your room that night; it was still untouched almost as if it were a shrine to you. I curled up with your pillow and told you about how happy I was. I couldn’t believe it; I felt nothing but happiness in that moment. Even in your room, the ultimate reminder of your absence, even there my happiness could not be punctured with dark thoughts. I slept that night with a smile on my face and not a single care in the world. I am smiling just at the memory. My, am I sleepy, I felt like retelling you that story has left me feeling lighter. I think I will try sleeping again, good night sweet sister.

Love,
Sammy