Bloody Roses

Red roses are blood red

Roses are red
Tulips are black
you'd look great
with a knife in your back

Red roses are blood red
Dead bodies are pale blue
Respond to my letters and answer my calls
And soon you will be too!

Tyler handled the note carefully, slipping it back into the girl's wallet before placing it back into her hand bag. 22 years old. The poor girl had only been 22 years old. But now she was barely recognisable as a human being, her face so consumed by scratches and gashes it seemed to be a map of blood. She hadn't been killed instantly, Tyler could tell that much by the state of the room; furniture scattered everywhere, the smashed remains of a vase littering the blood stained carpet and the entire contents of one shelf had been completely knocked off. The girl had obviously put up a lot of fight, attempting desperately to save her life from the clutches of the vile monster who committed this.

The door hadn't been kicked down, which meant that the culprit had either entered through the window or was let in by the girl herself. Maybe it was someone she knew, maybe it was a complete stranger. It could have been anyone. A neighbour, a boyfriend, a family member, an enemy and even the old lady from across the road could have committed such a brutal crime. Although that was unlikely since the little old lady couldn't have managed to match up against the young girl. Although young and pretty, the girl had been fairly tall.

The blood stains across the carpet had been smeared and smudge, indicating at some point the body was dragged across the floor. Why did he move her? She was dead already what good would moving her make?
Tyler noted down what he had so far into his notebook, the frail thing clutched in his shaking hands as he jotted down everything.

"Got anything else?" He asked Banes and Banes shook his head sadly.
"No. This little bitch didn't even leave any finger prints," Banes growled as he walked over to speak to his colleague.
"Well did he leave anything else at all?" Tyler asked as he shone a flash light into the girl's dead eyes.
Her eyes lifeless eyes were milky which indicated that the girl had been dead for as long as a half an hour to a few hours. The curtains were closed and the lights were on when the girl's body had been found. This told Tyler that her time of death had indeed happened during night time when it was dark. And since the curtains were closed that either meant the criminal did enter through the door on invitation or climbed through the window before the curtains were actually drawn.

Tyler felt sick to his stomach, hot bile slowly rising up in his throat but he managed to choke it down . He'd been trained for seeing murder scenes like this, but the training wasn't quite like the real thing. The place stunk of bitter sweet decaying flesh. Flies buzzed around the place, mainly around the dry crusted blood splatter up the walls and around the meaty fleshy pink remains of the body itself.

The decaying flesh itself told him that this girl had been left dead for more than a single day, a single day of lying here in a pool of her own blood and insides. This was a messy murder, parts of her stomach torn out and strewn across the floor, the culprit hadn't left much of the body intact . Which wasn't very beneficial when it came to determining the time of death and how exactly it happened. Some sort of blade had been used, an axe or a knife maybe. But that was all down to the autopsy.

Just to think that this used to be a person. A walking, talking and beautiful single young girl just 22 years old. From what Tyler had heard from the neighbours, she had also been quite intelligent, studying at colleague and had plans for university. Tyler was dreading the mourning and daunting moment he would have to face her family with this news. He really despised this part of the investigation, having to tell the family what had happened to their beloved daughter, only to immediately start asking them questions involving the investigation.

"This," Tyler looked up to see Banes motioning towards a flower left on the girl's bed table. "They left this."
It was a single red rose, drenched in blood. It was plastered to the bed table, looking dead and it's petals steeped and drooping miserably. The blood had dried and crusted, glueing the sticky deathly flower in place. There was something sinister about this once beautiful red rose. Something that just wasn't quite right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ta da!! Okay, This is my first murder mystery story so please tell me if I'm doing something wrong. This has take a TON of research and a lot of murder mystery movies ;) But this is just the start, so y'know. Also, I'm looking for an editor, if you're up for it, leave me a comment on my profile!