Status: I really just don't know what to do or where to go with this story, but as soon as I do, I promise you, I will update.

A l'automne

Chapter V

"You're not like a lot of other people here." Norman broke the silence between us, even though below us were bustling and busy New York streets.
"That so?" I questioned back, once again turning my gaze towards him.
He nodded, "You don't just see the city, and the lights, and the people, you look at them, observe them, you wonder about them." He stated simply.
"There's much more to everything than meets the eye."
"Not everyone knows that."
"And those people can't be helped."
Norman stifled a small laugh, "I like you, you're interesting, and different, do you know how hard that can be to find?"
I smiled, "Oh, believe me, I do."
For the next hour or so, we spent laughing about small things; weird stories, fun facts about ourselves, it was nice, different.
Around three in the morning, the city below died down, not significantly, but enough to notice; but we knew that within the next hour, it would start all over again. It seemed like the people here didn't run on a standard 24-hour day, to them it seemed there was always something that they had to do, that needed to be done, and they took every advantage to do it.
We called it a night, and went our separate ways.
I awoke coffee-less and reluctantly. I quickly showered, dressed, applied makeup, and left. I was running on four hours of sleep, eight o'clock came around too fast for my liking. From fashion shows, to events, I was extraordinarily busy, and didn't actually get home until, once again, four in the morning. Being a makeup artist, skin care is very important to me, so I quickly washed my face, and collapsed into bed.
I didn't wake up, until I heard a knock on my door. I groaned and made contact with the cold hardwood floor that made me wince a little.
Opening my door, there stood Norman, looking sharp as usual. I suddenly felt self-conscious and vulnerable imagining what he was looking at.
"I'm sorry, I look like shit right now."
Norman shrugged, "I think you look fine," he grinned, "I have a thing tonight, and was wondering if you'd like to be my date?"
I could feel my face begin to redden, "Yeah, actually, I would love to."
He stuffed his hands in his pockets, "Alright, see you tonight." His hair fell perfectly in his face as he walked away, but not before turning back to me, "Oh, and formal dress is required." And with that, he left, down the hallway.
I smiled to myself and shut the door, it then occurred to me that I had no idea the time, place, or where we'd be. Somehow, he always made me forget to ask him, I know he did it on purpose though, being so vague about benign things. I kind of liked it.
After a day out of shopping for things I'd need for future jobs, I decided it'd be a good idea to begin getting ready.
A simple red dress I had in the back of my closet would do. I'd never worn it anyway, and wouldn't unless I did tonight.
Putting finishing touches on my face, I heard the knock at the door. I took a deep sigh, and opened the door.
There he stood, sophisticated in a black suit and tie.
"You look lovely."
"And you look incredibly handsome."
He smiled, and held out and arm, indicating we arm-link. In my platform, black pumps, I was now barely three inches shorter than he was, and therefor, more capable of looking into his beautiful blue gaze.
We arrived at a carpet event, he was bombarded with microphones, and camera flashes, as well as cameras, posters, and pens thrust into his face. He smiled for the cameras, signed a few posters, shook a few hands, and offered a few words to the microphones; all while his arm remained around my waist, holding me close to him. I was given questioning looks and dirty looks alike. Some even recognized me.