Dirty Work

Chapter One

"Vinny, why are you forcing me to go to this stupid party?"
"Because it'll help you make friends. I'm tired of you clinging to me every waking second during the school day. I love you dude, but you need more than just one friend. What are you gonna do when I don't show up one day?"
"Leave."
"You'd ditch school just because I wasn't there?"
"Yep. Everyone is so conceited there. I'm sorry that I don't want to be friends with people who think the universe revolves around them."
"So in other words, you don't want to be friends with people who are like you?"
"Shut up."
"Gotcha! Not everyone is like that. Hell, the three guys who are throwing the party seem pretty chill."
"You're only friends with one of them. And isn't that the one that is always tapping and beating things with his pencil or hand.. What's his name again?"
"You mean Rian? Nice description. Just give the people there a chance. Plus I know there's some really hot people coming. It'll help you get over... Well, you know who. Just try to keep your chin up."
"I still don't want to go, but.."
"But?"
"I guess I'll go. For your sake."
"Yes!! I love you so much right now!"
"Chill out, damn."
"Antisocial Jack just agreed to go to a high school party. I think I'm allowed to freak out."
"You over exaggerate everything."
"Isn't that my job? I mean friends are supposed to drive each other insane sometimes."
"Then I guess we're brothers because you drive me insane every single second, minute, hour, day, week, month, and year."
"Touché. Ready for a fun filled Friday night?"
"Not really."
"Shall we try that again?"
"I'd rather not. Fine. Oh I can't wait!"
"Really, you're gonna turn into a peppy little cheerleader right now?"
"Yep. I'm a princess. You should know this by now."
"Well, I was gonna say just be yourself during this party.. Yeah, I don't think that's a good idea. So try to be a happier version of you and you should be able to make it through the night."
"When can we leave?"
"We haven't even gotten there yet. Hell, we haven't even left the house yet and you already wanna know when we can leave, seriously?"
"Yep. I'm only doing this to humor you. So the quicker I can be done the happier I'll be."
"Then in that case I'm gonna leave you there for as long as possible just to spite you."
"Dick."
"Thank you captain obvious."
"You're welcome dick."
"Seriously? Real mature."
"When have I ever been mature? You've known me for how long now and you still think I'm gonna be mature? Cause that's a funny joke."
"I dunno how I've put up with you for the last ten years. Will you ever shut up?"
"Nope."
"Finish getting ready, or should I say doing your hair, because we need to leave in the next ten minutes."
"Oh shush, if you had fabulous hair you'd take forever to do your hair too."
"Thanks for dissing my hair.. Are you done yet."
"Yeah, I guess.."
"What'd we talk about?"
"Oh sorry, lemme try that again. I am most definitely done with my hair so we can embark on this journey to go to this splendid party that you speak so highly of. Better?"
"Get in the car before I kill you."
"I'm not sure I want to because you may kill me once I'm inside."
"Well then it looks like you're gonna have to take your chances since we're gonna be late now. Get. In. The. Car."
"Okay, Sir."

I really didn't want to go to this stupid party. All parties were a pathetic excuse to go out, get drunk, do stupid things you'd regret later, and pass out at some random person's house. At least that's how I viewed them. I literally couldn't wait for this night to be over. Soon enough we were pulling on to Alex's street and then into his driveway. There didn't seem to be a lot of people there just by looking at the amount of cars, but once we were greeted by Rian, then led into the house the whole situation changed. Alex's house was packed full of teenagers. Which made the house extremely hot and causing people to start shedding some of the layers of clothes they had been wearing. One thing I forgot to add while talking about parties earlier, it's another excuse to dress like a slut and act like a total whore and being able to get away with it. Luckily everything was still covered but I doubt I'd be able to say that later. Rian and two other guys walked up and then he proceeded to introduce them to us. One was really kind of awkward, his name was Zack, and then the other one I instantly despised. Which naturally meant that he'd happen to be the one who was throwing the party. He seemed like a douche bag and I couldn't stop staring at his eyebrows. They were really big and they were bumming me out since they were competing with my big eyebrows.
After 5 hours, most of the people there were completely wasted. I found Vinny and could tell instantly that he was completely drunk. If there had been any doubt, he eliminated it by proceeding to puke, barely missing me in the process but hitting some guy's feet and soaking them, it was disgusting. I got him to the only open bathroom left and gave him a pillow wrapped in Saran Wrap. I ran into Zack, who I'm pretty sure was the only sober person there, and we started looking for Rian. Alex told us that he thought he left earlier. We called him and got his voicemail and we went and looked for his car outside. It was there so we knew he hadn't left, unless he'd left in someone else's car. We searched all the rooms in the house and found him in one of the bathrooms, passed out in the tub. Zack decided he was gonna take him home and offered to take Vinny and I too. I decided to stay but sent Vinny with him. I hung around and got a little more drunk just for the hell of it. The next thing I knew the sun was rising, the whole place around me was trashed, and there was some random chick laying on me. Somehow I was able to maneuver my way out from under her and get off the couch without waking her up. I could feel that horrible feeling in my stomach right before I was going to hurl. I booked it to the back yard, since the closest bathroom was occupied, and hurled. Alex happened to be coming up behind me at that moment and when I turned around he handed me a bucket and asked if I wanted a ride. I reluctantly agreed but I was happy to have the bucket. When we got into his car, blink-182 started playing and he started singing along. I kinda softened how I felt about him at that moment since he was into one of my favorite bands. It was a pretty silent and awkward car ride and when we finally arrived at my house, I think we were both glad it was over. I hopped out of the car thanked him for the ride and headed into my house. My parents were in the front room waiting for me which was kinda scary to come home to.
"Where have you been?"
"I slept over at a friends house. It got late and neither of us wanted to drive so we just crashed there."
"It wasn't a girl's house was it?"
"No. It was a guy from school." I honestly wondered why they had asked that. Even if it had been a girl's house, nothing would have happened since I don't really like girls in that way.
"Why do you have a bucket?"
"I got sick to my stomach this morning."
"Jack, are you hungover?"
"No, I'm just really tired and I don't feel good."
"Go on up to bed then."
"Okay."
As I walked up to my room I heard my dad tell my mom that it was obvious I had been drinking. So I knew I'd probably get a lecture later but luckily it never came. I left and went over to Vinny's; he looked absolutely terrible and felt that way as well. He'd gotten busted by his parents when he came home last night so I was surprised I got to hang out with him for awhile. I couldn't stop thinking of Alex the whole time. I was honestly torn between the hate I had for him and the slight feeling of being attracted to him. It really bothered me and I hated the fact that I couldn't pick how I felt.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you guys could leave comments telling me what you thought of this and/or if you have any suggestions as to how to make it better, that'd be amazing. :)