Status: Slowly but surely

I'll Play the Romeo, You Play the Juliet

Two

My mind replays the whole scene of this eventful morning. At around 10:55, I see Austin and what I assume are his band members walk into the lobby. Austin looks around, and when our eyes connect, his face breaks into a grin bigger than I’ve ever seen. He walks into my little room, which is connected to Craig’s office by a door and large windows.
A red haired guy comes to my desk before of the other guys, and says in a rushed voice, “We’re here for Craig Ericson.”

His fingers are tapping out a rhythm on my desk, and before I could answer, another person, assuming he’s another band member, remarks to the red head, “Obviously, why would we be in his secretary’s office?” My eyes move to the other, a larger man with long hair. He looks to me and gives me a huge smile. I smile softly and nod.

“Let me just ring him, make sure he isn’t caught up in something.” I say, and everyone in the group nods and walks to the couch and chairs. Everyone except Austin. I buzz Craig to let him know that he had people waiting.

“Hey, I, uh, was wondering what time you get off of work on Friday. Maybe we could get some dinner or see a movie or something. Do you like movies? If not we could do something else. Anything. Are you into-” He starts.

“Woah, woah, Austin. Settle down. How about on Friday, we meet at a place nearby. It’s vegetarian food,” I look up the restaurant’s address, and write it down on a piece of scrap paper. “Six work for you?”

Austin smiles and nods quickly, “Yeah, that should totally work! Here’s my number,” He grabs a business card from my desk, writes his digits, and hands it back to me.

As soon as I reach for it, Craig opens the door, and booms out, “Hey, guys! Come in! I have coffee and donuts if you’re hungry! Kaylee, would you mind calling Mike to let him know I’ll be a lil’ late to our lunch meeting? Thanks doll. Come right on in, boys!”

Austin winks at me, and walks into the office.

xxxxx

The next hour or so go by quickly. I make phone calls that were oh so needed for Craig, go through emails, and type up my payroll hours. I could hear Craig laughing, probably at his own jokes, and the other boys laughing along, probably to ease the awkwardness. But, hey, whatever helps them get the money they need, right?

I open their file from my desk, and flip through.

OF MICE & MEN
Valentino Arteaga; drums
Phil Manansala; lead guitar
Austin Carlile; lead vocals
Alan Ashby; rhythm guitar
Aaron Pauley; bass, clean vocals

I open up Youtube, and type in “Of mice & men”. Music videos, interviews, and fan videos pop up. I plug in my headphones, and click the first video. “Here goes nothing.” I mutter under my breath.

This band has talent, no doubt about that. Although Austin’s voice is great, it’s difficult at times to understand what he’s saying, so I pull up the lyrics, and read along. These guys are deep, and I’m not just saying that because Austin and I are going on a date. Wait, I’m going on a date with an extremely attractive, talented, sweet guy. When was the last time this happened? Oh wait, never.

After a few more songs, I close out of the sites, and sign onto tumblr to find out more dirt. Might as well type in his name, right? Woah. That’s a lot of pictures of him and the red haired guy. What the hell does “ship” mean? Screenshots of tweets, fan art, and, obviously, fan girls.

After another half hour passes by, Craig and the guys are done. I quickly log out of tumblr, and pull up work-related shit. In the corner of my eye, I see everyone shaking hands, and a lot of smiling. Once they say their goodbyes, Craig heads back into his office. Austin high fives everyone, and claps his hands together. The next part, I wasn’t expecting. Austin comes around my desk, pulls me to my feet, and hugs me, tightly, might I add.

“Good meeting?” I giggle.

“Freaking great meeting!” Austin replies and hugs me again. “Guys, let’s go celebrate with some lunch!” A round of cheers and applause follows Austin’s proposal. He turns back to me, “When’s your lunch break?”

“Oh, don’t worry, I’m not hungry. Plus I have a ton of work to catch up on.” I lie.

“You sure?” Austin examines my eyes. Can he tell when my last meal was?

“Positive! Go celebrate! We have our date on Friday, anyways!” I respond. Austin hugs me once again, and within a flash, the boys are all out. I sit into my chair, pull out a piece of gum, and chew.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, I wasn't expecting this much love already. TWO COMMENTS IS A LOT TO ME OKAY?! :'D Please let me know what you think, sorry this chapter was so short!