Winter's Realm

02

Like all planets, they were born empty and barren…basically large rocks. Creation began with consciousness. For this one planet consciousness was named Winter . He was created in the image of Nature , but on a smaller scale and in a different shade. He just was and wasn’t. He had free will, thought process. He created his own code, his own way of…living.

From the start he was a loner, tall in his own right, with pale eyes, paler hair and porcelain skin. He never knew of anything else. He didn’t understand time. All he lived by was the light and darkness. For a time he just wondered around on the rock, discovering its secrets. To his dismay it didn’t hold any. It was flat and round. No heat or cold, no water or plants just…nothing.

Once two thousand light and dark cycles danced overhead he became aware of a feeling. He felt his surroundings slow down, the air became heavy. Suddenly large white rocks fell from above. At first he was terrified, as suddenly as the emotion manifested the rocks stopped falling. To his dismay he felt empty. He picked up one of the white rocks. As he held it, it got smaller and secreted wetness and slipped through his fingers to pool around his feet. He watched in fascination as the other rocks began to melt.

As he thought more about the loss, more rocks began falling, realizing it was his doing he shouted in unexpected joy. Responding to his joy, the rocks fell harder and larger in size. Then he saw it like a massive ship in the sky, a vast white rock fell. It collided with the land cutting through it like butter, leaving in its wake a wide deep chasm. Soon the rocks fell in all different shapes and sizes, shaping the land.

Winter watched impressed by his abilities to call rocks of pure white from above. From twelve light and dark cycles the rocks fell. Most of them melted pooling in the grooves left by larger rocks, while the really large ones continued to move across the land, disappearing into the horizon.

As the planet changed so did Winter. He began to develop over skills. During the times when darkness ruled the overhead he could lay a blanket of rocks over the land making in pure white. However getting hit by the rocks all the time was not enjoyable, so he made smaller versions with infinity different designs…flakes. He made frost, froze the pooled water, blocked out the sun, and enjoyed the cold.

However Nature doesn’t allow for unbalance.

One day while walking around Winter saw something that shouldn’t be but was. A green thing in surrounded by unfrosted land. He felt in his gut it was unnatural. He touched his finger to it and it withered. He smiled and walked away, before he got far he heard a loud cracking. He turned to find a large brown thing with green things hanging around.

The air froze in his anger. The thing shouldn’t here on his home. He tried to freeze it from afar but there was a force stopping him. Behind the tree walked three men. One was clean shaven with baby skin, sunshine hair, green eyes, and a lean body. Another man had a long brown facial hair and a bald head, brown eyes, and dark skin. The tallest and most muscular man was in-between them. His hair was fire red with blue eyes.

Winter knew without knowing who they were...Seasons. A scowl appeared on his face and he approached the men. This was his home. He was a loner; he didn’t need them. They had to go.

“Leave,” he barked. This caused the tall one to smirk.

“No can do. It’s time for-“

“Spring-“ the green eyed one spoke.

“Summer,” the tall one continued.

“And Autumn,” the dark one interrupted.

“To have our turn.” Summer put his hand on his hips.

“This is my home,” Winter said in a sad voice. Spring frowned, Autumn rolled his eyes, and Summer gave him a pitiful look.

“Winter, it’s our home to. You just happened first. No rhythm or reason.” Summer took a step forward. In doing so he melted Winter’s art. Summer stopped mid stride. “Sorry.”

Winter glared at all three of them. “Whatever. Have your fun, but in one hundred and twenty light and dark cycles I will be back.” He turned and left.

“Wait where are you going?” Spring asked.

Winter looked over his shoulder, “Anywhere that’s not here.”

“You could stay,” Summer offered. Winter paused, contemplating having others to be around.

“Look at him. He is nothing like us. He causes destruction. Let him leave,” Autumn stated. That was all Winter needed.

“Wait-“ That was the last thing Winter heard before he left. He knew he would never see Summer again, which was saddening him for some reason, but Spring seemed nice. He wasn’t looking forward to seeing Autumn again. Unfortunately Nature could be a real bitch.