Outsiders and Daydreamers

The abnormal

"If you ask me, two black eyes is the least that slut deserves." Alexa grumbled, taking another bit out of her pizza.

I couldn't help but laugh at how much she and Hayley hated Monica. Sure, she had given me hell ever since I began my education here at Witmen High. I had every right to hate her.

"It was only makeup Lexi." I assured her. "It's not like I punched her." No, you just caused the pool water to come to life.

But how could I? I was just Adelaide Mackenzie, the dumb little music geek. There was no possiblity for me to be in the thick of this. It wasn't such a big deal anyway. I'd say that I splashed Monica if anyone asked, and no one would suspect a thing.

"So, how did you do it Adi?" Hayley asked leaning over her chicken salad.
"Do what?" I asked.
"Create that wave. I thought you were going to drown Monica."
"Wait, what? I just splashed her. No harm done." My own voice sounded offended.
"Adi, how can you splash someone without moving?" She questioned.

Never thought about that.
"She's got a point you know." Lexi intervened
"I-I don't know what you guys are on about. I definitely splashed her." I crossed my arms over my chest.

Alexa leaned back in her chair and laid her feat on the cafeteria table where we sat.

"Oh come on. Who are we gonna tell? We're not often believed."
"And we aren't gonna judge no matter what you say." Hayley stated matter-of-factly, taking a swig from her bottle of water.

"Oh, for god sake. Are you two blind? I splashed her, end of story."
"Whoa, aren't you taking this a bit too seriously? We just wanted to know." Hayley raised her hands infront of her, as if preparing to shield her face from anything I might decide to throw at her.

I couldn't tell if the swirling thoughts in my head was just my own anoyance, or the ideas of what I would actually throw at her. It made me feel sick and that wasn't normal.

"I gotta go." I stood rubbing my temple with one hand. "See you later."

I left my tray full of food infront of them as I stumbled out of the cafeteria. My head just wouldn't stop spinning out of control. I could hear voices whispering in the back of my mind. Why? It frightened me to think of the possiblity of going insane.

"Don't run from it." a voice said.

I turned around thinking I was being spoken to. But there was no one there.

"Please, I need you to trust me, Adelaide." There it was again. The voice stood out from the rest inside my head. It was a boys voice, but its sounded different from the first thing it said. Pleading almost.
"I need you, Adelaide."