Sequel: Unspoken Voice
Status: This is the first book in my Hunger Games Fan Fic Seris

Quarter Quell

Part one
love
Laughter filled the air as I ate the last reminders of bread with the love of my life. Iza Reffile. We sat outside on the corner away from most people like the way we always did. It was moments like this that I wish would last forever. But they don’t. Iza was a very shy the girl who never said a word to anybody not even me. I remember the night that we met. a cold rain fell. I was walking from the bakery. it was late at night. Most people where in there beds asleep. When I start to here yelling.
The yelling was vicious and loud. Then a little girl about four years younger then me ran into me I say my apologies and watch her run. Then a tall man pushes me out of the way. He seems to be the one yelling. He was yelling after the girl that she was worthless and deserved death. When he finally caught up with her, he smacked her across the face. That sent her spiraling down. Then he started to beat down on her. I ran furiously toward the man pulled him off the girl and punched him square in the face. It seem he was knocked out for a bit but when he got up he started to yell at me. Saying I was a horrid being for helping his daughter. He turned and walked away. I turn to her and offer her my hand. She stares at it as if it was some sort of gooey thing. She got up her self and sharply turned and began to walk away. I walked after her asking.
“Hey are you ok?” she kept on walking. “Hey!” I said. She stopped dead in her tracks. She was wearing a black sweater and pants. She was short and very thin. She put her hood up and her hair fell into her face. Me well I remember that I was wearing a simple white shirt and black pants. I had a bag filled with the breads associated with district 3. My District is four. And I had an umbrella. I remember she looked at me her face was covered in blood, but I saw at lest one of her blue sparkling eyes. She just stared at me. Like her heart was torn to bits but yet she did not want me to fell sorry for her. I hug her and she jumps back. “What’s your name?” I ask her. She shrugged and kept walking. “Do you not remember your name?” she looked at me as if I was an idiot. Clearly, she remembered her name. I stopped and she kept on walking. I took out a piece of bread. She looked like she was starving to death. “Here.” I said holding out a piece of bread to her. She stopped and looked at the bread. She started to walk back slowly towards me still eyeing me she took the bread. She started to eat the bread slowly seeming to savor the bites. Her eyes lit up and she ate much faster. When she was done, I said.
“See, you can trust me.” She looked at me. “How old are you?” I asked, she held up 10 fingers. I attempted to hold up 14 fingers with one on one hand and four on the other but then I realized it said 41 so I switched my fingers around and laughed. She laughed along with me. That’s when I first saw the amazing smile that was on her face. “So your name?” she took her finger and wrote in the wet gravel road, SOME GIRL AKA THAT ONE GIRL. She looked at me with a frown on her face. I shook my head. “No you are not nor will you ever be some girl. Who ever you are that’s who you are to me and you will always be.” She looked at me. It looks like she was crying. She erased “some girl aka that one girl” and put IZA REFFILE. She looked up and smiled again.
“Finnick Odiar.” I say. I walk slowly towards her. She doesn’t move. I slowly put my arms around her, and hug her. She slowly hugs me back. It took her until just recently to trust me. She still to this day never had said a word. The laughter died down. I turn to her with a serious expression on my face and say.
“You know the 65th annual hunger games reaping is tomorrow are you scared you are going to be picked.” She shakes her head. She stood up and walked away.
“Hey what’s wrong now!” with her hair pulled back I could see the determination in her blue eyes as she focused on my sea green eyes. We stared at each other for quite some time then the unthinkable happened. Iza talked.
“I’m so scared that your going to be picked Finnick you saved me and you care about me you’re the only one in this district who knows my name. I love you and I don’t know what I do without you.” Her voice was soft and gentle. She moved in slowly for a kiss. And when her lips met mine, I felt the weirdest sensation. It was tingly and made me want more. More of what? More of Iza, more of life, more of her love? I was not entirely sure. When she broke the kiss, she walked home. I just stood there in awe. In awe that she loved me, in awe that she spoke, in awe she thought I was going to die. The day of the reaping we all had to put in our names. When that was all done, we stood and waited. Some lady in a white powder wig took the fish bowl and said.
“Welcome to the 65th hunger games reaping lets begin shall we. Ladies first. There was a complete silence while she drew. With Iza right by my side holding my hand, she squeezed it and some girl whose name Esis was drawn. There are cries and sighs all through out the district. Then she reached for the male. It was silent once more. I remember the words Iza told me yesterday “I love you.” I realized I never told her I love her back. I tug on her arm and whisper,
“I love you too you mean everything to me always have you are Iza Reffile.” She looked up at me and smiled. Then the most horrible thing happened. My name was called. I was quickly taken to the stage.
“Everyone you district 4 tributes!” the weird lady says. I scan the crowd for Iza. Then I see her in her black sweats and gray sweater. Her hood was popped up and tears where streaming down her face. She was shaking her head and backing away. I mouth the words I love you. She mouths back I love you too. And she ran. To where I don’t know. But I will forever love her.