Status: Updates will range in timing

One Way Or Another

Chapter 2

Mercy's Pov. -

Standing before us with their jaws hung open – in a mix of shock, horror, and lastly awe – was One Direction. My body was crouched over one of the crazed, but currently knocked out, fans. Looking over my shoulder, my eyes took in all of their reactions before slowly –cautiously, as if not to startle any of them – I eased myself up to stand, facing them. Lacey stood facing them, her face not giving away any emotions. Though since I know her so well I can read her like a book.

Sliding my gaze to her hand, I could see her thumb jabbing into her side. Probably trying to contain herself from squealing. Seeing her so happy, I let a relaxed smile taker over my face. “At-a girl,” letting my voice take on a country girl drawl. Her head slanted my way slightly giving me the notion that she was listening but unwilling to look away from the boys.

For a while now she’d been obsessing over them. I liked them, but not enough to go kidnap them. Lacey on the other hand would go right ahead. Thanks to me they’re still on tour and not chained up in our apartment.

“We might need to head out now before-,” my sentence was cut short by the sound of a gun being set.

“Before security comes?” a cocky voice questioned.

Now as much as Lacey loved Harry, dissing her “smart ass mutherfucka” was pushing it. “Harry, sweetie,” letting a simple pause between her words to show how childish she though his words were. A blush erupted onto his cheeks.

The gun, still leveled at my head, didn’t stop me from letting out a chuckle. Looking for the reasonable one of the group – Liam – I let my eyes devour his features without any shame. When I’d finished eye raping him, my conscience reminded me of our current situation. Clearing my throat to catch his attention, “Your friend…Well our friend, Paul, sent us for this… “assignment.” I don’t know if he told my uncle though.”

His eyes held a look of curiousness, and something else that I’d seen somewhere else. I couldn’t quiet put my finger on it. “Your uncle?” Niall had decided to speak up, since no one else would. This was insane stupid of the security guards since they just let two dangerous girls talk to their clients.

“You better not be pointing that gun at my niece, Jarold.” His gruff voice brought a full-fledged smile to my face when he said those words. Shock traveled across everyone’s face except for mine and Uncle Simon’s. Looking straight into Jarold’s eyes I saw a sense of fear set in - probably for his job or maybe of Simon, himself.

A squeal managed its way out of my mouth, as I launched myself into his open arms. It was like we’d never attacked some psychotic fans, or that a bullet hadn’t just almost been put into my brain.

“Mercy! What brings you and Ms. Lacey here, today?” Lacey glanced at the pass out girl on the floor, returning her gaze back to me with an “is he bitching me” look. My only response was a shrug of the shoulder, and a small wink letting her know to play along.

“It’s One Direction! Just try keeping us away,” changing my voice into an annoying fan girl tone. “Harry! Please marry me!” That came from Lacey who left a lipstick mark on the corner of his mouth. I’ve never seen a player turn so red. Noticing his reaction, she let out a giggle sending a sassay wink my way. Zayn stood off to the side eyeing up Lacey.

Can someone say love triangle?

Clearing my throat I caught Liam looking at The Merchandise – right back at-cha honey. “Paul called us for a mission. Apparently some psychotic fans,” pointing at the girls, “planned to kidnap your boys.” He took this in with a nod of the head. “Basically, take them out, get the check and leave.” I didn’t have to continue. He could put the rest together.

Eyes flitting around the scene - taking in the details, looking for a flaw, “What was to happen to the girls once they’d been taken down?” Everyone stared at me – expecting an answer. The problem was that I had no answer.

Thinking over the plan I gave them the best one I could. “We were told take them out and leave. My guess would be, Paul planned to come and deal with them once we left.” The light bulb went off in all of our heads, but Louis spoke up first.

“Where is Paul?” his voice echoed off the backstage walls.

No one knew. Simon’s voice was full of authority when he spoke, “Jarold! Check his office. The rest of you’ll in my office, now!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 3 is ready I just need to type up the last bit, and you'll get to see what happens next.
Comment please! Even if it's something negative, I just need feedback on how my story is doing/needs to be improved.