Status: Finally a chaptered fic

About a Boy

Chapter Ten

"Hi, Vic." Kellin said on Boxing Day.
"Hey. What's up?" Vic returned.
“I... Do you still want to, like, come out now?” Kellin mumbled into the phone.
“Yes. Of course I do, but if you’re not ready-“
“But I am. I think I’m ready now.” Kellin cut him off.
“You’re sure?” Vic asked.
“Yeah. I mean, I’m sick of hiding it. I love you, you love me, what’s the point in hiding it?”
“There is no point. You’re serious about this though?” Vic clarified happily.
“Hell yeah! We’ve got like, just over a week until we start school again, so we can like, plan or something, and if anyone doesn’t like it, well too bad. We’re never gonna see them again anyway after we leave school.” Kellin shrugged.
“Alright. How should we do it?” Vic continued.
“Just... Walk around school like we do when we’re at my house or something. Hold hands, and kiss or whatever. People will get the picture.”
“Do you want to, like, tell your friends first?” Vic continued.
“I might do today. And you can tell your friends.” Kellin smiled to himself.
“Okay. Kellin, I love you.” Vic said.
Kellin grinned as Vic said those words. “I love you too.”He hung up and put his phone on his desk, feeling proud, excited and nervous at the same time. Butterflies.
____
“Hey, Kellin!” Jack grinned as he entered Kellin’s house later that day, closely followed by Jesse, Justin and Gabe.
“Hey guys,” Kellin shook his head at his friends as they filed into the living room, much to the outrage of Heather.
“Hey, mini-Kellin!” Jesse smirked and leaned forward to ruffle Heather’s hair. She leapt back and growled at him, swatting at his hand.
“Don’t call me that.” She said firmly, walking to the television to take out her ‘Supernatural’ DVD and leaving to go to her bedroom.
“So…” Justin looked up at Kellin as he flung himself onto one of the sofas in the massive living room. Kellin had sent all his friends a text, asking them to come to his house as soon as possible. He was going to tell them. Just as he and Vic had agreed.
“Right. So I have something kind of important to tell you guys…” Kellin started. His friends stopped messing about and looked at Kellin with serious expressions on their faces.
“Are you alright, Kells?” Jesse implored.

“Yeah, I just… Well you know how for the past two months you guys have been like, saying shit about me and Vic?” His friends nodded and continued to stare at him.
“We didn’t realise it pissed you off that much, Kellin.” Justin input.
“Yeah. We can stop, if you want.” Gabe agreed.
“No! Guys, shut up. You were right.” Kellin smiled at their shocked expressions.
“What do you mean: ‘we were right’?” Jesse frowned at him.
“I mean that you guys called it. Vic and I are together.” Kellin shrugged and laughed when his friends’ jaws went slack as they gaped at him.
“Are you serious?” Jack said finally. Kellin nodded happily as they continued to stare at him, struck dumb.
“Well,” Gabe said. “Well done, then.”
“Yeah. It was obvious you liked him from the beginning.” Justin smiled and clapped him on the back.
“You denied it too much for it not to be true.” Jesse nodded.
“Shut up.” Kellin grumbled playfully at his friends, honestly not bothered by their teasing anymore.
____
“Hey, babe,” Kellin grinned and pulled Vic into a hug as the boy came into his house the next day.
“Hi,” Vic breathed before Kellin pressed their lips together in a short, sweet kiss.
“Did you tell Jaime and Tony?” Kellin asked as he led Vic to his bedroom.
“No. I haven’t yet. Wait. Is your mum in?” Vic stopped Kellin at the first flight.
“Yeah… Why?” Kellin looked at him in confusion.
“Well I have to say hello.” Vic scolded him and dragged him back downstairs.
“I want to make out.” Kellin whined, making Vic laugh and peck him on the nose.
“After.” Vic laughed and stood in front of the office door, looking to Kellin for confirmation.
“Wait…” Kellin said, a sudden thought striking him. “Could we, like, come out to my mum?”
“If you’re really ready.” Vic murmured, stroking Kellin’s cheek. Kellin put a hand atop of Vic’s and nodded with a gentle smile. He walked forward and knocked on the door, breathing in deeply when he heard a calm ‘come in’.
“Erm, mum?” Kellin started, gesturing for Vic to follow him. When Vic slipped his hand into Kellin’s own Mrs. Bostwick’s eyes flew open. “Er… Yeah.”
“I knew there was something going on between you two.” She smiled and closed the book she was reading, standing up and dragging the two boys into a hug.
“You can come round anytime Vic, okay?”
“Thank you, Mrs. Bostwick.” She smiled at Vic and brushed Kellin’s hair out of his face with a quiet ‘I love you.’ Kellin nodded and moved to leave the study, his arm carefully placed around his boyfriend’s waist.
“I… Could we go to my place? And maybe tell my parents? I want to do it with you there.” Vic said shyly, earning a chuckle and a kiss on the cheek from Kellin.
“Let’s go.” Kellin tugged Vic out to his car and set the small boy into the passenger seat, a lopsided grin plastered on his face.
The boys spent the journey singing along to the Foo Fighters CD that Kellin had insisted they listen to, not that Vic minded at all. When Kellin parked, however, he paled slightly, suddenly feeling nervous.
“What’s the matter?” Vic asked, placing a soothing hand on his boyfriend’s shoulder.
“I just… What if they don’t, like, approve?” Kellin posed.
“Why wouldn’t they? They know I’m gay, and they like you. It’ll be fine.” Vic comforted Kellin. “Come on.” Vic brushed Kellin’s hand and pulled him up.
“Okay…” Kellin followed Vic to the door, hands shaking as his boyfriend unlocked the door.
“Vic? Hello dear. Hello, Kellin,” Mrs. Fuentes greeted the two boys as they walked into the kitchen, where she was preparing lunch for the rest of the family.
“Hi boys,” Mr. Fuentes said, handing his wife the knife she was reaching for.
“Hey… Um… Mum, dad. There’s something I want to tell you guys…” Vic trailed off as his parents looked at him with concerned looks on their faces.
“What’s the matter, Vic?” Mr. Fuentes asked gently.
“Erm… Well Kellin and I are… Um we’re going out?” Vic said quietly, smiling when Kellin squeezed his arm supportingly.
“Aw, boys!” Mrs. Fuentes dropped the knife and the onion she was cutting to pull the boys into a hug, which they happily returned with slightly confused grins.
Mr. Fuentes stepped forward and clapped both teenagers on the back with a firm, strong hand but a small smile on his face. “Well… Congratulations, I suppose.” He said awkwardly with a shrug, quickly turning away to start washing a bowl of tomatoes. “Just so you know, Jaime and Tony are here, so if you want to tell them then…” He left the statement hanging at the end, gesturing for them to leave the kitchen and tell Vic’s friends about their relationship.
Vic led Kellin into the living room, where Jaime, Tony and Mike were sitting, engaged in a video game playing on the television.
“Hey guys,” Vic made his and Kellin’s presence known with his friends and brother.
“Hi,” Tony said shortly, not taking his eyes off the screen. Jaime and Mike completely ignored him, causing the smaller boy to frown.
“Guys.” Vic said again, so that Mike looked up and a gleeful smile spread across his face.
“Hey Vic. Hi, Kellin.” He said, causing Jaime and Tony to look up in shock. They both looked confusedly at Kellin, disbelieving.
“Um…” Jaime started.
“Kellin?” Tony said, looking at the pale boy.
“Yeah?” Kellin responded nervously. Vic gave him a reassuring smile, which he shakily returned.
“Just, like… Why are you here?” Jaime asked bluntly.
“Just, erm, spending time with my, er, boyfriend.” Kellin swallowed and stepped forward to slip an arm around Vic’s waist. The shorter boy leaned into the gesture, grinning when his friends gaped at the couple.
“You guys are-“ Tony started.
“What?” Jaime yelled, throwing his controller onto the sofa. “You’re going out with him?!” He directed at Vic. “Since when?!”
Vic shrugged. “How long’s it been?” He looked at Kellin.
“About a month?” He suggested, and Vic nodded in agreement.
“There’s your answer.” He said to his two friends, who continued to stare in disbelief at the two boys.
“Oh.” Tony said dumbly.
“That’s… Great?” Jaime offered.
“But, like, that’s cool and all.” Tony said sincerely, starting to smile. Jaime nodded and looked between the two boys, one his friend, one a boy he had never said more than ‘excuse me’ to.
“Yeah. I wasn’t… Expecting that but, whatever.” He smiled. Kellin nodded in gratitude to Vic’s two friends, oddly excited at having been accepted by them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter!!!
Happy birthday for yesterday to Kellin Quinn!
Also, it's twenty two days until I go to see PTV!!! I am already sooooo excited :) And I'm going on Jaime's birthday!