Status: Finally a chaptered fic

About a Boy

Chapter Fourteen

“New seating plan, boys!” Mr. Armstrong exclaimed, flicking through one of his many folders until he found his new seating chart. “So move when I call your name, and these will be your seats until the end of the year, probably.”
Kellin watched boredly as people were directed to their new seats. He waved to Gabe sadly as he was told to sit across the room from Kellin, probably because Mr. Armstrong wanted to keep them as far away from each other as possible. He snapped his head up when he heard his name being called, and wandered closer to the back of the room to take his new seat. He dumped his bag on the desk and turned to his new partner. “Hey- Oh! Tony!” Kellin exclaimed, smiling at the taller, Mexican boy who was so close to his boyfriend.
“Hi, Kellin.” Tony smiled slightly and unpacked his own bag, sitting down when Mr. Armstrong greeted them. The two boys sat in silence for most of the lesson, filling in the work sheets they had been given in preparation for the mock exams they were due to sit at the end of the next month. About fifteen minutes into the lesson, however, Tony turned to face Kellin, with a curious look on his face.
“What?” Kellin asked with a small frown.
“I… I guess I don’t really know how to say this but, like… You and Vic.” He finished lamely, waving his hands slightly in exasperation because he couldn’t phrase his sentence.
“”Vic and I? What about us?” Kellin demanded defensively.
“I just… You do really like him, yeah?” Tony looked at Kellin earnestly.
“Of course I do. What kind of question is that?”
“Because, like… Jaime and I were talking about it before and you’re kind of… Notorious for having flings and stuff… And, like, we just wanted to make sure that-“
“Are you suggesting,” Kellin started, internally seething, “that I’m going to hurt Vic?”
“Well… We just wanted to make sure you wouldn’t! Like, it’s obvious that you care about him a lot-“
“More than a lot.” Kellin muttered under his breath, his heart pounding and fist clenching under the desk.
“But it’s just your track record. So just know that, like, don’t hurt my friend.” He finished, a daring look in his eyes.
“I won’t.” He said coldly, turning away from the other boy.
“Kellin. Don’t be… Mad at me or anything, I just want to make sure he’s alright.”
Kellin looked at him and nodded, starting to sympathise with Tony’s actions. Because it appeared that, just like him, Tony and Jaime would do anything for Vic.
“I get it.” Kellin said softly. “But trust me, I would never, intentionally or otherwise, hurt Vic.” He clarified, the other boy nodding and smiling.
“Erm… Thanks, I guess. I mean, you’re a good guy…” Tony trailed off, deciding not to completely push his luck with the compliments he was paying to the boy he barely knew.
“Thanks. You t-“
“Boys.” Mr. Armstrong cut in with a glare in their direction. They both muttered a sorry and faced their sheets to finish the work for the remainder of the lesson.
____
“Victor Vincent Fuentes I am more in love with you than I have ever been and ever will be in love with anyone in my entire love.” Kellin whispered into the phone later that night. He had started to resent the weekends, only because it meant that he might not get to see Vic for another couple of days.
“I don’t know if I can top that,” Vic joked with a laugh. “But I do love you too. So much, Kells. But… Why’d you call?” Vic continued.
“I just wanted to make sure you knew that.” Kellin murmured with a shrug.
“Um… Okay? Yeah, I love you too.” Vic repeated.
“I love you…” Kellin didn’t know why, but he felt the need to make sure the other boy fully understood the extent of his love for him. Because he really did love him. More than he ever thought possible.
“I know, Kellin. And I love you too. Are you okay?” Vic asked, sounding concerned.
“Yeah… I don’t know. I’m feeling kind of… Sentimental or something, I don’t know. I just wanted to make sure you knew.”
“Well I do. And I love you too, okay?”
“Yeah. Thanks. And, um, good night, I guess.”
“Night, Kells. I’ll see you on Monday.” Vic replied promptly, then hanging up.
Kellin sighed and put his phone on his bedside table, then leaning back in bed and throwing his arm across his forehead, willing sleep to come to him quickly.
____
“Vic, what do you want for your birthday?” Kellin asked at break on Monday. Vic’s birthday was in a matter of weeks, and he had no idea what to get the other. Coming up with his Christmas present had been a job in itself. Vic looked at him and shrugged.
“I don’t know. You don’t need to get me anything…” Vic trailed off when Kellin offered him an only half playful glare.
“Vic. I need to get you something. Try and make it a little easier for me.”
“I don’t need anything though. Just give me a card or something.” Vic shrugged again.
“I suppose I could slip something into the card…” Kellin muttered to himself, ignoring Vic’s sigh.
“Come on. We need to get to geography.” Vic shook his eyes at his boyfriend and started to lead him out of their form room, their fingers entwined as they waited outside the large, airy classroom where they would inevitably spend another forty five minutes bored out of their minds.
____
In geography, Kellin spent the majority of his time on the internet on his phone under the desk. Luckily they were having a cover lesson, and Mrs. Daugherty was more or less blind.
He was boredly updating Twitter, when he saw a Foo Fighters tweet announcing their headlining tour next month. Which was what led Kellin to decide on what he was going to get Vic, unbelievably thankful that he and the other boy shared the same music taste.
____
As soon as he got home, Kellin sped into his mother’s room.
“Mum?” His mother looked up, glasses perched on her nose. “Can I get Foo Fighters tickets for February tenth?”
“Erm… How much are they?” She asked, and Kellin knew that she was going to say yes.
“Forty five dollars. Can I take a friend? I wanna go with Vic.”
“Of course.” Mrs. Bostwick nodded and shooed her son out of her bedroom. “Get the page up and let me book the tickets then.”
Kellin nodded and grinned on his way back to his own bedroom, excited because, yet again, he’d thought of the perfect gift for his boyfriend. Well, Heather had thought of the first one, but whatever.
Kellin flopped onto his bed and pulled out his geography textbook, prepared to actually start doing his homework himself for the first time in a while. After answering the first question, however, he stopped and pulled out his laptop to book the tickets.
From Kellin: Do you prefer to stand or sit at a concert?
From Vic: Stand. Why?
From Kellin: Just wondering.
Kellin threw his phone into his bed and went back to his mother’s bedroom, standing at the door with his laptop in his hand until she sighed and held out a hand to book them.
“Thanks, mum!” He yelled, hugging her swiftly when she finished.
“You’re going with Vic?” She confirmed. “Has he asked his parents yet?”
“I… Um… Well I wanted to give them to him as a birthday present so… No.” Kellin admitted, blushing when his mother smiled almost proudly at him.
“You’re so sweet.” She smiled, laughing at his embarrassed expression.
“Bye, mum.” He muttered, walking out of the bedroom yet again before his mother could humiliate him further.
He spent the rest of his day in his room, listening to Foo Fighters and managing to excite himself even further for the concert he would be attending with his boyfriend in three weeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nothing to say really... I hope you enjoyed this chapter though. :)