Status: Finally a chaptered fic

About a Boy

Chapter Sixteen

“Kellin? You’re here already?” Mrs. Fuentes answered the door at two thirty, a small smile gracing her features.
“Yeah. We wanted to get there early so we could get right up to the barrier.” Kellin answered with a small smile in return as Vic’s mother ushered him in.
“I just wanted to thank you for getting Vic the tickets. He’s been dying to see them for a while.”
“It was no problem.” Kellin answered, grinning as Vic rushed downstairs and hugged him.
“Happy birthday, Vic.” Kellin muttered.
“Thanks.” The now eighteen year old responded. “Mum, we’re gonna go now.”
“Alright boys, have fun.” Mrs. Fuentes smiled, pulling both teenagers into a swift hug and kissing her son on the cheek gently. “Make sure you text me when you get there and when you’re on your way home.” She said sternly. Vic nodded and smiled.
“We’ll be fine, mum.”
“Are you sure you don’t want me to drop you off and pick you up? Kellin, will you be okay driving home so late? You could stay here if you’d like.” She offered.
“I’ll be fine, thank you Mrs. Fuentes.” Kellin smiled gratefully at the woman, who returned it warmly.
“Well if you’re sure… I’ll see you soon, okay?”
“Yeah, mum, bye. Bye dad!” Vic yelled. Kellin heard a faint ‘bye, son, bye Kellin’ from another room in the house. “Bye, Mike!” Vic added.
“I hate you.” Came Mike’s stony reply from the living room. Vic waved to his mother one last time before following Kellin out of the house, settling in the passenger seat with a satisfied grin.
____
"I cannot believe you got me Foo Fighters tickets." Vic said once again as they queued up outside the venue.
"I only do it because I love you." Kellin grinned and took a step forward as the line slowly progressed ahead of them.
"What will I actually do when they step on stage? I think I'm gonna pass out..." Vic babbled. "Oh my God, what if they do 'Marigold'? Or 'My Hero'? Or..." Kellin zoned out, occasionally nodding and laughing with Vic, happy that the other boy was so excited and grateful for the gift.
They stood for another ten minutes in the cold, Kellin with an arm wrapped around Vic in an attempt to keep the other boy slightly warmer, until they reached the front and the bouncer took a look at their tickets, ripped of one end and said, "Okay boys, enjoy the show," with a smile. Kellin and Vic both nodded gratefully and walked through the doors and to the opening to the standing level. Once their tickets had been checked once again they were allowed in, they instantly rushed right up to barrier, grateful for having decided to go four hours early.
"Thank you so much." Vic whispered to Kellin, hugging him tightly.
"They haven't even started, Vic." Kellin laughed. "But you're welcome. It's a win win situation really: I got you an awesome birthday present, and I get to see Foo Fighters, something I’ve wanted to do for ages."
Vic laughed and nodded along with him, leaning forward on the barrier slightly and sighing happily.
____
Everyone in the room had cheered when Lower Than Atlantis stepped onstage, Vic and Kellin even singing along to the songs they had listened to before they went. The roar that went up when Foo Fighters did, however, was enough to make Kellin's ears ring.
"Oh my God they're actually there!" Vic squealed, gripping Kellin's upper arm. Kellin laughed and nodded, continuing to cheer in excitement because Dave Grohl was right there.
"Hey, guys!" He called into the microphone. "How are you guys doing?" The crowd cheered again. "Awesome. This first song is called 'Breakout'. Sing along if you know it." As they began to play, Kellin felt his heart best faster, screaming the lyrics back to them along with Vic and a bunch of other random fans.
And the whole concert was like that. Every time Dave would announce a song the crowd would go absolutely insane, and Kellin couldn't deny it was the best concert he had ever been to, even when they were only halfway through.
"This next song is called 'My Hero'." Dave announced simply.
"Oh my God that's my favourite song EVER!" Vic squealed excitedly, causing Kellin to chuckle.
"It's one of mine too." The two teenage boys looked up in shock as Dave Grohl grinned down at them for a moment as the intro played, then turning to start singing.
"Oh my... He just spoke to us!" Kellin yelled.
"Like, seriously?" Vic replied. "Oh my God that is so awesome!" He shouted back, then turning to face the stage again and start singing along.
____

"That was the single best experience of my life." Kellin sighed as he drove back to Vic's house at half past eleven.
"I know! They were so amazing." Vic agreed, leaning back in his seat.
"I want to go back a couple of hours and see it all again." Kellin continued.
"Me too. I can't believe he actually spoke to us though. That was the best moment ever."
The two teenagers continued to discuss the concert for the forty five minutes it took to get to Vic's house.
When they finally arrived, Kellin parked and turned to smile to Vic.
"Happy birthday, Vic."
"I completely forgot it was even my birthday." Vic laughed. "But thanks, Kells." He unbuckled his seatbelt and leaned forward to kiss Kellin. "I love you."
"I love you too, Vic." Kellin replied, with a smile. It was strange, because he'd been quite cynical, not even believing in love for quite a long time. But Vic had changed all of that. He had changed Kellin, for the better, and he would be eternally grateful to the other boy.
"Thank you, again." Vic continued.
"It's fine." Kellin shrugged. "I love you, so much."
"Kellin... I love you too. Okay?"
"Yeah, I know... I just. I don't know, I've never really felt this way before and I, like, don't actually know what I'm doing." Kellin shrugged.
"I know what you mean... That's kind of part of the reason we left." He admitted quietly. Kellin looked up curiously. He and Vic had never actually discussed why he had moved school, because Vic had usually avoided the subject.
"Why'd you leave?" Kellin whispered, clutching Vic's hand tightly.
"It's just... Well, there was this guy, and I thought... I guess I kind of thought I was in love with him, but then he, like, he turned out to be... Bad? I guess..." Vic trailed off and looked at Kellin sadly.
“Hey... Don’t worry about it. It’s okay, because you got away, and now we’re together...” Kellin tried to comfort the other boy, unsure of how to say anything without making him even more upset.
“You’re right. There was, like...” Vic trailed off.
“Yeah?” Kellin squeezed Vic’s hand.
“There was some attempted... Like, non consensual... Stuff...” Vic murmured sullenly. Kellin started to feel himself come down from the concert high, now trying to suppress himself from driving the two of them all the way to San Diego and killing whoever Vic’s ex was. “Then there was the restraining order,” Vic continued, “but we still didn’t feel, like, one hundred percent sure, so my parents moved us. I dunno, I just don’t like to talk about it...”
“You don’t have to then.” Kellin insisted, unbuckling his own seatbelt to hug Vic. He hugged back, securing his arms around Kellin’s waist, and as usual, just being near Vic made his heart race. And knowing that Vic was relying on him of all people made Kellin feel important, and wanted, and made him want to go out of his way and do anything to make sure that Vic was alright.
“I love you.” Vic muttered into Kellin’s neck.
“I love you too, Vic.” Kellin whispered, jumping slightly when the porch light of Vic’s house turned on. “I think you’re mum wants you back in...” And sure enough, Mrs. Fuentes was standing outside, leaning on the door frame with her arms crossed.
“I love you, thank you, and I’ll see you on Monday.” Vic said quickly, kissing Kellin once more before he climbed out of the car and walked to his house. Kellin waved to Vic’s mother before starting the drive to his house once again, happily reliving the memories of that night on his journey.
And, of course, as he lay in bed that night, he couldn’t help but think of Vic, as he did most nights, and he fell asleep happy, once again, just as he had for the past four and a half months, all because he was with the most perfect boy in existence.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dave Grohl randomly talks to them (ignoring the fact that Foo Fighters are on hiatus). So this is the last chapter! I'll post the epilogue tomorrow , but the end is nigh.
I hope you guys enjoyed this, and the last update will be up soon (maybe even later tonight because I only have one piece of homework).