Status: Finally a chaptered fic

About a Boy

Epilogue

*Four Months Later*
Vic and Kellin stumbled into Kellin’s bedroom late on the night of June the fifteenth. They had managed to escape the graduation party Kellin’s parents had insisted be thrown at their house, probably so they could show off more than anything else.
“I can’t believe we just graduated.” Vic breathed. Kellin chuckled and nodded because, just hours before, they had been wearing those ridiculous gowns and posing for pictures with random family members and friends.
“Less talking, more kissing.” Kellin ordered, planting his lips on Vic’s, grinning into the kiss as the other boy giggled slightly. They continued like that for a few more minutes, Vic’s back pressed against the door so nobody else could get in. Kellin could have quite happily stayed in that one moment for the rest of his life. What more did he really need, than to be with his boyfriend?
“But seriously, Kellin,” Vic whispered once they pulled apart.
“What, Vic?” Kellin peered down at the other boy, whose face gave away nothing for once.
“What are we going to do now?” Vic bit his lip and looked up at Kellin, wide brown eyes now clearly displaying worry.
“You mean now we’ve graduated?” Kellin elucidated.
“I mean now I’m going to Connecticut!” Vic said in reference to the fact that he was starting at Yale in October.
“Oh… Well… I’ll come with you.” Kellin announced firmly.
“Kellin, what?” Vic frowned.
“I’m not going to university, and we can rent an apartment in New Haven, close to campus, and I’ll get a job and everything will work out.” He declared his plan with a grin, smile slipping when Vic didn’t return it. “What’s the matter?”
“Why would you want to leave everything and come with me though?” He asked. Kellin snorted in response.
“Because I love you? Look, what am I really leaving behind anyway? Yeah, there’s my family, but I can call them or whatever, and I can do the same with my friends… You’re the only thing I want. The only thing I need.” Vic finally cracked a smile, and Kellin grinned back in relief. The door handle rattled, causing Vic to jump, and they heard a faint groan and somebody mutter ‘this room’s already taken’.
“Are you sure, though?” Vic asked, looking hopeful.
“Of course I’m sure!” Kellin scoffed. “I swear, Vic, I’ve never been surer of anything in my life.” And that, it appeared, was all the confirmation Vic needed, because he threw his arms around Kellin’s neck and gently kissed his cheek before murmuring, “Thank you.”
“It’s nothing.” Kellin muttered back, tightening his own arms around Vic’s waist. “I love you.” He said again.
“I love you too.” Vic whispered into Kellin’s neck. “Forever and ever.”
They say that love is forever, your forever is all that I need…
Please stay forever with me
And Kellin had never realised the truth his lyrics held until now, because all he needed was Vic’s forever. And he had nothing to worry about, because he was already guaranteed it.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's over! I worked hard to get the epilogue posted tonight, and here it is. I feel as though someone died or something, but I'm really proud of this.
I hope you all enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it, and thanks so much if you commented, subscribed, recommended or just read it and stuck by until the end.