Status: To understand this you need to read Red Petals, Storm Brew and Final Curtain

Infatuation

Chapter 2 - Hustle

Before Mel found Mr. Tall-Dark-and-Handsome, I had already spotted him by the pool tables. He wasn't playing against anyone, just alone, like a lone wolf. I snorted softly.

Looking to my best friend I felt a very wicked expression taking over.

"No, not yet," I rubbed my hands together blowing into them for good luck, not that I needed it—I was good. "I've got plan." Was my statement.

"A plan… for what?" Melissa sounded perplexed and I couldn't blame her. I came up the wickedest plots.

My eyes glued onto Aric who made another good shot. This one was pretty simple.

"Do you really think I'm going to sleep on the couch?"

"I've told you can sleep with me."

I shook my head, "And I've told you kick in your sleep." She did, I still had a black spot on my leg to show for the last time.

The plan was simple. I was going to play him, it wasn't the first time I did it, it wasn't going to be for money, though.

I was going to hustle him for the bed. If he lost—which he would—I got to sleep on the bed and he had to take the couch, there was no way I'd lose.

Confidence was one of my strong suits, cockiness too.

After confiding my master plan to Mel, I walked over to where the cues were. Lined up against the wall, ready to be taken and played with.

My expression morphed quickly into one of puzzlement—I was faking it. From the corner of my eye, I saw Aric shaking his head my way; he thought I had zero knowledge about the game.

Ha, joke is on you, pal. I thought with a concealed smirk.

My job didn't consist only on killing people, sometimes we had to go undercover, when things were harder. I knew every way to seduce a man, Aric's type was well—me. It wouldn't be hard to play out, how hard was it to be myself? It would help if he wasn't from the enemy team, though. I did not trust him—Mel did, and she could because she liked seeing the good in people—she was in love with Nate. That said everything.

I bent over the pool table, placing the cue close to my thumb—and missed the shot, making it look like a slip up. I groaned making annoyed faces, just to get the needed attention. I never looked to him, I didn't need to. I knew he was eying me, his eyes were on me.

"Want some help with that, luv?"

There it was. Of course he thought he could help my game, though I knew how to play perfectly.

Smiling inwardly, I spun a little; my forest eyes were deep and cunning while boring into his glinting green pools.

I threw my hair over my shoulder.

"I don't take help from strangers." I played it cool seeing as he came my way, his walk holding natural swagger. I had to admit, this guy was freakishly handsome.

"Fair enough," he leaned forward closer to my level, the cue coming along as he gripped it. "Let's start over shall we?" I gave him a brief pointed glance, before moving a little to my right, away from him. "I'm Aric," his index finger pointed to himself, then turned to me.

I scoffed albeit gently with a joint roll of my eyes.

"Get lost, Aric." My stomach was practically on the table as I laid myself into a shooting position. I only hit a few balls—on purpose—a growl from fake frustration clawed its way out of my throat. "You're salting my game."

He closed the distance between us once more crossing our eyes, while leaning on his hip sexily.

"Why would I get lost? I like pretty little things with sharp tongues." I slapped the hand he used to touch my hair, watching as his charming smile didn't waver.

"Thought I told you to get lost."

His emerald irises shone as he brought us a little bit closer.

"I saw how badly you were doing and came to offer my help, a woman like yourself shouldn't embarrass herself like this."

"A woman like myself?" I placed down the cue on the table, crossing my arms drawing a conspicuous look.

"Strong, confident, attractive—that sort of woman." I watched as the golden of his skin was brought out when the ceiling's light reflected on the exposed arms.

Lean, muscled arms, round shoulders, compact chest... this was one yummy looking guy. Much better than any boy toy I ever had.

With a flirtatious smile I spun around, slowly taking the cue into my hands.

"Are you trying to win points with me?"

"Is it working?" he husked the velvet.

My chest was practically up against his, my head tilted to the table.

"If you're such a good teacher why don't you go off and teach Mel how to play? She sucks." I stepped towards the cue ball taking aim—before, I checked on Melissa's whereabouts. I was sure Nate had his eye on her.

Melissa was all he saw, all he thought about, I'd say. If I were him I'd think about quitting the Hive, he wouldn't be happy if he lost her. I understood what Mel was trying to do; she was saving herself from more heartbreak, I couldn't blame her. But it kinda sucked—in moments like these—that I didn't know what she was going through. I think if I did, I'd be able to help out better.

Jumping in the middle of a sigh, I glanced over my shoulder. Aric's black hair brushed up against my cheek, and I could feel his arm—his hand resting on top of mine adjusting my hold on the cue.

"I bet Nate would love to teach her, me on the other hand would rather teach you."

I looked down at my hand to see it was perfectly aligned for a nice shot, just like it would normally be.

"Shoot now," he breathed shortly. The air around me grew a little hotter feeling his compact chest press into my back.

The cue stick slip forward with enough force to make it crash in the middle of all the color balls, causing them to split apart, the yellow one sunk into a corner pocket.

"Why's your hand still touching mine?" I asked a little snidely, shrugging him off—still there was a secluded smile on him. "And I could've made that shot on my own."

"Sure you could, luv." Aric took his cue twirling it with ease, eying me. "Looks like your mates bailed on you."

When he nodded towards the bar where Mel had been sitting—she was gone, so was Nathaniel. I kept in a laugh, they were probably nailing each other right now—good for them. I wasn't that surprised that Mel couldn't keep her hands off Nate. He was hot. Probably runs in the family, I thought, sitting on the pool table leaning back stylishly.

Facing Aric I said, "They needed to work out some issues."

"Which reminds me," the cue rolled from his fingertips to the table. "So do we."

I chuckled lowly as he towered above, my finger curled on the hem of his T-shirt pulling a bit closer, my lips next to his cheek.

"I'll play you for it."

Aric's smirk was filled with mischief I craved and loved. My eyelashes batted teasingly when he tutted me.

"Like you could win."

I jumped from the pool table.

"You're on."

***

"It's not a tie, it cannot be a tie—" my exclamation was cut short when a warm hand pressed to my lips, silencing me.

Quickly, I carved my nails into the flesh of Aric's wrist. He bit down a wince making a face, pulling away.

"Bloody hell," he muttered rubbing the reddened skin. I smirked as we trudged up the stairs. "People are sleeping, be quieter."

"People? You mean, Mel and Nate?" my eyebrow perked as I glanced at the other hallway, where their rooms were. All was quiet. Hmm, maybe they didn't do the beast with two backs after all.

I didn't want to tell Melissa anything, but the first time they made love I heard it all the way in my room… all the motel must've heard them, to be honest. Anyway, they'd done it for hours... Something I'd rather not know.

"It's a tie." Aric's velvet voice insisted pulling me into our mutual dilemma.

Curling my hands into fists I stepped up to him, meeting his gaze. It came as a surprise to me that even in this low light, his eyes glowed. The emerald glow was truly accentuated—but not getting off topic:

"I won."

"No, you didn't. Besides, you cheated."

I scoffed crossing my arms.

"Last time I checked hustling isn't cheating."

"Pretending to not know how to play is—"

"You're a good teacher," I shrugged looking away with a self-satisfied attitude.

"I helped you make one shot," Aric argued. "Sorry to tell you, luv, but I'm not that good of a teacher."

"Maybe I'm just a good student." I shoved his chest, making him stumble from surprise, the door to the bedroom was clear. "Either way, I won." My gaze was slow and unnerving over my shoulder.

I hadn't even taken more than three steps into the room as Aric's hand fisted around my wrist tugging me into him. My back slammed into his compact chest.

There was a hot wave next to my ear, I tilted my neck to look into his eyes challenging.

"I never lose, darling." He drenched the last word with thick accent, the heated shiver coursing down my spine was completely involuntary.

I twisted a little further, leveling my mouth to his chin.

"Neither do I, darling." I mimicked elbowing his side, or tried to—my movements were caught by him and soon there was no rational thought moving along my brain cells.

My hand pushed him—he didn't budge. He was still holding my other hand keeping me rooted no matter how much I pulled my head away—I felt a shot of intoxicating appeal come over me as Aric propelled me forward.

On some level, I knew it was wrong. Aric equaled enemy—that's what I told Mel—I ravaged Aric's hair with my hand. His were joined with mine on an hungry level. Lust wafted from him, as well as some animalistic instinct we both shared.

When Aric's fingers uncurled I planted that hand on his chest, parting us.

"Wait," I breathed, he took a step back as I leaned forward. My hand reached for the door, flinging it shut—twisting the key. "There," I smiled invitingly, my canine sinking into my lower lip. "Where were—"

Aric lifted me from the floor, his hands on my waist. My hands landed on top of his wide shoulders as he supported me higher. I bent my head down to reach his mouth. The sensuality of his lips scorched me inside-out, building a fire all over my body—I felt us moving.

Something sunk under our weight.

Aric's knee pushed in the middle of my legs—I breathed shakily—his hand went under my top making me arch. The finger pads left an aching desire for his skin against mine. My lady parts were already pounding with need—I needed him. Soon, my jean's button popped, the zipper lowered when my nails dragged forcefully down his perfect golden skin.

I flung his shirt off to the side after kicking my jeans. Taking the slowest breather to admire the fine work that was his chest, I smiled devilishly.

"Nice ink," my finger traced the tattoo on his shoulder, down the forearm.

Aric tore my top from my body—tilting his black haired head, looking at my belly button.

"Nice piercing," I wrapped a hand in those silky locks called hair, tugging him towards me. Seriously, I dragged him by it. "If you want to play rough all you need to do is ask, luv."

I motioned him closer by brushing my finger under his chin teasingly.

"Oh, I do. I like it very, very…" I finished leaning into his ear. "Rough," I rasped in a whispered, tingly manner.

Aric's lazy smirk oozed sexiness; his lips weren't even bruised from our incredible battle-of-will.

"Anything else?" he asked nibbling my collar bone, my eyes rolled softly as his hand lowered—I moaned into his shoulder.

I moved a leg from under his, taking him by the shoulders—I flipped us over. I kept him pinned underneath, sitting on his stomach.

"Just one," he ran his hands through my legs looking at me longingly. His fingertips buried softly my lush skin. "I like to be on top."

Aric's dark eyebrows perked—I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
"With the taste of your lips, I'm on a ride
You're toxic, I'm slipping under
With the taste of a poison, I'm in paradise
I'm addicted to you
Don't you know that you're toxic?
And I love what you do
Don't you know that you're toxic?"
- Britney Spears

Comments?