Status: Updated almost daily depending on responses

Game

Game; 14

Eli's POV

Tomorrow. Tomorrow was my deadline. I had to sleep with her tomorrow -if I didn't, it wouldn't take long for word to get back to Quinton.
I didn't even need to ask him to know it was him to sent that thug round to Tobe.
Jamie had a party planned tomorrow night to celebrate but I was in no mood. I wanted to run. Running was never in my options - after my mum, it had never crossed my mind to ever be like her.
It surprised me when I got home from the gym this evening to see cars in the driveway. Dad and Vivienne was home - that never happened.
Dropping my keys on the hallway table, I called out, 'anyone home?'
A sound in the kitchen made me look up and there Vivienne stood, her youthful age showing in her glinting eyes and the fact she looked so out of place in a white apron and a tea towel in her hand. She was only three years older than me. I hadn't known what Dad was thinking marrying her.
'Ellison - you're home.' She glanced around the kitchen awkwardly and laughed. 'I was going to bake you a cake for tomorrow.'
'Why?' I asked shrugging off my jacket. I didn't want to offend her but the gesture was neither necessary nor needed.
I watched as she put a hand up as if to run it through her hair before she remembered it was covered in flour and thought otherwise. 'I haven't been home a lot.'
I walked into the kitchen and bit my lip to resist from commenting on the mess she'd made. I hardly ever came into the kitchen, it was either take-out or fast food in town.
The marble countertops were covered in baking ingredients, the oven was on and smelled like something was burning. The chandelier was on casting an ugly light over the too big kitchen.
I suddenly missed Tobe's house. It was small and just right for a cosy family. I spent a lot of time at her house even though I hadn't met her mum yet.
I felt like I belonged there better than I did here. I was about to say something again before a huge hand collided with the back of my head.
Stumbling forward due to the surprise impact, I gripped the back of my head and turned around ready to lash out.
My father stood there with a scowl, 'don't stand there, boy. Thank her.'
I was taller than my dad but his presence alone made me uneasy. He spent less time at the house than Vivienne and I hated when he was home. He was dressed in his usual business suit.
It was times like this that I wondered why I went through so much with Quinton and his little drug business for a dad like mine. He didn't know how he hadn't been thrown out on his ass already, he didn't know I went to Quinton two years ago to repay the money my dad had borrowed from him, he didn't know why nobody had been round to stab him his cold heart. He just went along with life as if he was untouchable. I loathed him for that.
'Thank you Vivienne.' I said to her and she looked uncomfortable.
My dad stalked round the kitchen for a moment and Vivienne and I both stood there, silently as if we were both being judged.
She gripped that towel so tight I thought her knuckles would burst from her skin, I rubbed my head again before standing straight. My dad peered into the oven, 'I won't be home tomorrow, Ellison.'
Typical, I thought but I only nodded. 'Okay.'
'Well,' Vivienne began, 'I won't be home either which was why I baking a cake now.'
I went to reassure them both that it was alright they won't be home on my birthday, I preferred it that way anyway. It gave me more time to think over what I was going to do about Tobe.
But as usual my dad interuppted, 'the boy wont mind.'
I should be used to him saying that about everything that concerned me. 'The boy won't mind' was what he said whenever someone asked for my opinion.
'Will you, Ellison?' His green eyes narrowed. I saw myself in him sometimes. So casual about everything when inside you want to die. Unlike myself, my dad doesn't hide his emotions so effortlessly. If you look carefully, you can gouge something. Tobe had a habit of studying people. I was surprised how well she knew me.
'I had plans with friends.' The automatic tone that overtook whenever I used the mother excuse sounded so believable and I saw relief on Vivienne's face and the smug expression of my fathers.
My dad stood up straight and didn't even look at us as he passed. 'Cake's burning.' And then he retreated into his office upstairs.
Vivienne gasped and ran to the oven. I helped her clean up the disaster she'd made.

'Five minutes.' She sounded more excited than I was over the other end of the phone.
I could tell she was grinning and I chuckled as she was probably laid on her stomach facing her clock on her bedside table and twirling her pretty dark hair.
'Tobe, it's nearly midnight, you're working tomorrow.'
I looked at the shorts and shirt I'd lended her when she'd stayed the night and smiled. I hadn't put them to wash yet - if I was quite honest, having them there on my desk chair made it seem like she wasn't a memory or a figment of my imagination, she existed and she was mine.
She sighed tiredly into the phone and I smiled as she was growing annoyed at me, 'Eli, it's your birthday and I'm working late. Let me at least be around when it's midnight.'
'Fine,' I was defeated, her tone too adorable to resist. I didn't even have to glance at the clock to know when it turned midnight.
Her excited squeal sounded and she counted down from sixty in hushed whispers. I closed my eyes and listened to her soft voice, every second she counted down was like a ticking clock in my heart, she was counting down to my birthday while I was counting down to the decision deadline. She was subconsciously counting down the seconds to our future. Whether I'd be in hers, whether or not I'd ruin her reputation, whether or not we'd end up in very deep trouble if I didn't go through with my end of the bet.
'Happy Birthday, Eli Cadby.' She whispered with a laugh on the side and I smiled. My God, she was amazing. Just four words got me giddy and my heart did spirals in my chest.
'Thank you, Tobe Donovan.' It felt like so much more than just a birthday wish between us.
'Will I see you later?'
I pondered this. I had a free house, I should be arranging how I'd do it, how I'd take her virginity, who I'd call afterward to let know it happened, what I'd post on Facebook to taint her innocence.
'Yeah,' I said with a gruff voice and I cleared my throat, I closed my eyes, 'I have a free house, wanna come over?'
She hesitated. 'To sleep?'
I put my hand to my forehead and hit it several times, what was I doing? 'Yeah - nothing will happen you don't want it to, Tobe. Promise.'
Again Tobe didn't say anything straight away before she asked, 'why isn't anyone home for your birthday?'
'Long story. I can tell you about it if you come over.' I knew she'd come over now because she would feel sorry for me. My dad and step-mum can't even be around for my birthday. Her nice streak and need to be there for others would override her instinct and common sense not to come to my house. 'You've slept over before, Tobe.'
She sighed, 'I know. I'll be there.'
As we hung up, I wanted to beat myself up. I had until tonight to decide. I had until tonight to make my decision.

****

Tobe's POV

'I'm round Eli's tonight.' I declared to my mum as she was about to leave for work.
She paused at the front door and turned to face me. 'Is that where you were last week?'
I nodded, 'nothing happened. Nothing will. I trust him, Mum,' I picked up my bag and went to walk past her to my car as Eli wouldn't be getting me after work. 'You should too.'
Driving to work was frustrating. Work itself today was frustrating. I didn't finish until 7 and by then, Eli's birthday would be almost over. He hadn't told me what he was planning on doing today but Harlot had cancelled plans with Gabe so I assumed he was going out with Oli, Jamie and Harlot.
Craig was already there when I got there. He wasn't phased much by Eli's presence the other day, nor had I told him the full story of what happened when he'd left.
'That boyfriend of yours called.' He said when I walked in.
'He did?' I furrowed my brows, I checked my mobile, I had no missed calls from texts from Eli. 'What did he want?'
'To warn me off.' He was laughing, 'as if he doesn't know already nobody would touch you.'
'What do you mean?'
'Dude, you're Eli Cadby's girl now. You or him don't gotta worry about any guy coming near you.'
I rolled my eyes, 'because I was totally beating them off with a pole before.'
Craig laughed again and studied me, 'you're not ugly, Toby.'
Looking at him carefully, I wanted to laugh in his face or beat him up resisting the spiteful comment, I only nodded, 'thank you, Craig.'
Eli had been more distant than usual especially after what happened in the shop. Which was why I was surprised by his offer to spend the night at his house. He scared me the other day. Why he reacted like that.
I didn't know what was so special about his birthday but I trusted him and he told me not to worry. For now, I just had to worry whether or not he'd like my gift. Considering Breakfast Club is our 'couple movie' I had bought it for him after calling Harlot to ask whether or not he had it. Harlot had kindly offered to go round there with the excuse of 'catching up' and had text Gabe later to tell me he didn't own the DVD. I had bought an Autumn air freshener for his car considering he commented about my smell of cats and the fact he mentioned before how he loved Autumn. Thinking about it, I now realized how cheesy the gift was and I would have to hand it to him while laughing to ensure he knew it was a joke.
Knowing Eli he'd see through my facade and know it was actually a meaningful thing.
I looked at the clock. It was only 10. Eight hours was too long away and I groaned.

'Happy Birthday.' I said as I stood on his doorstep. Eli stood there in black jeans and a white T-Shirt, even though he looked like he hadn't been anywhere, he looked flawless.
He smiled a little and leaned in to kiss me but I stepped back and said, 'Happy Birthday.'
Giving me a look, Eli cocked his head, 'yeah, Tobe we've established it's my birthday.' Again he went to lean in again but I bypassed him and entered his house.
'Okay, so, it's my birthday but I don't get a kiss?' He was grinning now.
There it was. 'A smile was all I was after,' I stated and leaned up kissing him. What was only supposed to be a peck escalated quickly into his tongue entering my mouth. Very quickly, I was adjusting to this new kind of kiss and I saw myself getting more and more touchy feely with him.
With the carrier bag in my hand I was unable to wrap my hands around his neck so I stepped back and handed it to him.
'Tobe, I should've said before I don't like presents.'
'Well you didn't say therefore, you get presents.' I declared and hung my jacket up. I had remembered to bring my own clothes to bed as well along with toiletries so I dumped my overnight bag on the stairs.
Eli shifted his weight uncomfortably before gesturing up the stairs, 'wanna come up?'
Raising my brows I smirked, 'way to beat around the bush.'
He threw a hand into his hair and sighed. My smile fell and I put a hand on his shoulder, 'are you okay?'
As he stepped out of my touch, I ignored the sting of hurt I felt. 'Eli.'
At the sound of his name, Eli looked up at me and blew out a breath, he hugged the bag to his chest and he looked like a lost little boy. He didn't mean to but he was looking very vulnerable right now.
'Is it because your dad isn't here?'
'I don't want him here.' He said suddenly with a harsh tone, 'or Vivienne.'
I swallowed, 'alright. What's the matter?'
Eli put the bag down not even looking inside of what I'd gotten him, he took my jacket off the hook and handed it back to me. With my stomach clenching, I fought back the anger that was boiling. Was he kicking me out?
'When I tell you this, you might want to leave, so hold on to this.' He put his hands in his jean pockets and sat down on the floor. He pointed to the spot in front of him. What was so important we couldn't at least sit on the couch?
'Ready?'
I bit my lip and nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY! I've been away for a couple of days. The internet at my house was off while an electrician was messing around with the fuses and he broke it. Anyway, it's all fixed and I hope you guys are still with me here.
It's not a super long chapter but comment please! :D