Status: Updated almost daily depending on responses

Game

Game; 2

Just as I'd predicted Bonnie, Keira and Gabe weren't convinced I'd spent a good twenty minutes of my time with one of the 'superstars' in our small town, Devonton.

We were sat in the park enjoying the rare sunny weather in London, Gabe was sprawled across the table part of the picnic bench while Keira and Bonnie sat comfortably opposite me.

It wasn't nearly sunny enough for their short shorts and tank tops but I didn't say anything. 'So Eli spoke to you and didn't call you Tubs?'
I was fiddling with my sandwich I'd bought from the foodvan and swallowed, 'nobody calls me that anymore, Gabe.'

Tubby Tobe or Tubs was my nickname in Secondary School, it was hard to outgrow it even when I'd lost all the baby fat. 'He didn't even know who I was.'

Bonnie laughed rudely, 'sounds like Eli. He couldn't even remember your name when you'd shagged him, did he Keir?'

Keira shook her head not even the least embarassed at that shameful bit of knowledge. I watched the blonde carefully, 'you've slept with him?'
It wasn't that it was surprising but something about the Eli I met in Starbucks last night was different. He wasn't the cocky playboy everyone knew back in school - he worked now in Caro's. The popular resturant downtown which was a hotspot for people of our age.

Keira nodded her head but didn't have time to answer before Bonnie interuppted, 'of course she has. Keira and Eli are the towns whores. Everyone knows that.'

I went quiet as I pondered the truth in this until I heard her cackling laughter once more and Gabe sat up to inspect what Bonnie was finding so amusing. Gabe's sunglasses were removed from her eyes, 'what're you laughing about?'

Bonnie made a face at me, 'she likes him.'

Immediately I turned defensive. 'I do not.' I didn't like Eli, I just felt like I'd seen a different side to him last time even if it was brief.

'Do to. I mean, who doesn't?' Bonnie took a swig of her water until something caught her eye behind me. She clutched her stomach as she giggled like a baby. 'Oh this gets better.'
'What does?' I asked as I went to turn around.

I heard Keira joining in with the soft laughter but Gabe only sighed. As my eyes focused through the sun, I gazed across the endless fields and teenagers lounging around only to see what had put my two best friends in hysterics.

There, standing with his friends and staring right at us with a graceful smile was Eli, looking delicious in a white tank top, blue jeans and his white converse. His hair was as usual tousled but his emerald eyes were hidden behind a pair of Ray-Bans.

I quickly turned back around and put my head on the table resting my forehead on Gabe's long tanned legs. She rubbed my hair before telling Bonnie to shut up.

'Lets go over.' She said and dragged Keira up. I went to protest but felt it was useless when she was already skipping over to him and his friends.
Gabe went to get up too but I held her arm, 'don't.I don't wanna go over there.'

'We can stay here and sulk or go over there and find out what Bonnie's saying about you right now.' She said pointing to where Bonnie was looking back at me and laughing while Eli only looked on.

Whatever she was saying was pretty funny to his friends and from the distance I caught the slight smirk on his face.
I groaned and reluctantly got to my feet throwing my sandwich in the trashbin before grabbing my over the shoulder bag and making my way to my doom.

When Gabe and I got there, Bonnie was sat on the grass besides a blonde boy while Keira was sat on the lap of another. Eli was stood up still and his smirk still hadn't disappeared.
Gabe wasted no time at all introducing herself. The blonde boy beside Bonnie spoke up, 'yeah, you girls went to Northing, right?'

Gabe smiled and nodded, 'forgive me though, I'm afraid we're from different social spectrums. Mind telling me your names?'

I resisted a smile at her polite way of saying, 'you're popular bad boys and I have no idea who you are.'

Bonnie rolled her eyes, 'we know who you are, who doesn't? Gabriella, this is Harlot,' she gestured to the blonde boy, 'Jamie,' the boy interested in Keira, 'Oliver' a mixed race boy who was sat further back smoking something that smelled illegal nodded his head, 'and of course, Eli.'

Eli was looking at me, I could feel his eyes as I shifted my weight awkwardly. Gabe sat down in between Bonnie and Harlot while I stood there like a lemon.
'Would you sit down, Toby, you're embarassing me.'

Toby was a nickname I hated and I cringed when Bonnie said it. I had a suspicion it was to embarass me but I didn't say anything and instead sat where I was standing directly in front of Eli and I sank away when I realized my head was in perfect sync with his crotch.

I didn't have to go far before he sat down as well, bringing one of his knees up to rest his muscley, tanned arm on.
A comfortable conversation went between us with Gabe, the talker of the group and Harlot having a lot in common much to the despair of Bonnie who had seemed to have forgotten her boyfriend.
'October Donovan.'

I snapped my head in the direction of his deep raspy voice voicing my full name and he grinned when he realized he'd guessed right.

Eli licked his pink lips and cocked his head, he took the sunglasses from his face revealing his eyes and tucked them into his shirt. He looked so bangable and I frightened myself with all the sexual thoughts running in my mind. My cheeks flushed and I saw him laugh lightly.

His attention was diverted when Keira and Jamie announced their departure probably to continue 'getting to know eachother.'

Bonnie was less than impressed with being left to talk with Oliver but instead decided to try conversation with the brunette boy in front of me.
Bonnie's intentions were never good. I believe sometimes she meant well but in the end, if it didn't benefit herself in some way or the other there was no way she'd do something. I wasn't even sure why I hung out with her.

If I left her, Keira would undoubtedly follow her but I was positive Gabe would join me. Gabe and Bonnie argued more than siblings.
Bonnie Swing was known for her teasing ways around boys. Rylan had been the lucky chap to brag to his friends and the entire town of Devonton that he'd finally bagged her. She stuck her bottom lip out as she got Eli's attention. I wanted to throw up. She could be so desperate sometimes.

Harlot and Gabe seemed to be having a good time and I was proud to see Gabe with someone other than one of Keira's leftovers.
'Toby?'

I looked over at Eli who was smiling at my daydream like state while Bonnie only glared. She tutted. 'She always does this. Goes into her own little world and ignores everyone.'

I didn't say anything and picked at the grass beneath me, it was warm, the park was becoming overcrowded and I was beginning to feel uncomfortable. 'Well,' I stood up, 'I'm gonna go.'

Bonnie smiled, 'alright. You don't mind walking though, right? I don't want to leave yet.'

Shit, I'd forgotten Bonnie had drove us here. I shook my head and went to turn before Eli's voice stopped me. 'I'll give you a lift.'

Turning to face him with what I was sure was a gobsmacked expression, I couldn't form any coherent confirmation. The only proof I had that he'd said what I thought was Bonnie's agape mouth.
Eli was stood now, keys in hand and he waved goodbye to Oliver who seemed more interested in his joint and excusing himself politely from Harlot and Gabe's in depth conversation.

'She can walk, y'know?' Bonnie snapped.

'What's your problem?' I asked finally, tired of her shitty mood today. She was being ridiculous.
'None,' she narrowed her eyes and turned her body so she could intrude on Gabe and Harlot.

I ran a hand through my short hair before taking off across the park. Hearing footsteps behind me, I slowed my frustrated pace allowing Eli to catch up although I'm sure his long legs could've managed.
'She's a good friend,' Eli joked beside me making me smile a little.

He lead the way towards where all the students parked their cars to a black Audi - impressive. I'm sure waitor money didn't pay for this. I'd heard the Cadby's were pretty well off.

'Bonnie is just Bonnie.'

As he unlocked the car, he held the passenger door open for me which I politely mumbled a thank you before getting in.

Eli got in the drivers side and revved the engine. 'She seemed jealous.'

Jealous because Gabe was getting on with Harlot? No, she was probably more jealous of Keira's ability to sleep with everyone and anyone and not feel guilty about it. Bonnie longed to be free to sleep with anyone but she had a reputation to uphold.

'She won't be jealous of Keira. She will probably comment about it later but she wont hold it against her.'

Eli pulled out of the parking space and I couldn't help but drag my eyes over his tense muscles as he fiddled with the gear stick putting it in the correct gear. 'I wasn't talking about Keira.'

Oh, I thought and had finally cottoned on that he meant jealous of me because Eli was talking to me and not her. I felt a little peeved off that he had a lot of arrogance but I didn't expect anything less.
'Where're you again?'

'A few minutes away from Milwood. I live on Brentwood.' I knew he lived in Milwood. In Devonton there was two popular streets. Milwood where people like Jenna Howard, Eli Cadby and Keira Tate lived and then there was Brentwood where I lived, Gabe and Bonnie lived along with a lot of the other unpopular kids around here.

'You weren't at the party yesterday night.' He stated.
'Neither were you.' I shot back unhappy at his obvious observation. Of course I wasn't. I was mopping up coffee from the spillage he caused.

He chuckled and he glanced at me before shooting me a smirk, 'I was picking up something.'
I rolled my eyes, 'because Jenna Howard's house party looked in need of coffee and muffins.'
His laugh was deep and contagious. As we pulled into my street, I pointed at where to park.

When we stopped, I made no move to get out purely because he looked about to say something and a part of me didn't want to leave. He made me smile. Who would have thought Eli Cadby would make me smile after all the misery his popular group caused me in school?

'A different kind of something.'

I sensed we were treading into dangerous territory and I didn't want to know what Eli's extra curricular activities involved especially if it was illegal. I found bliss in ignorance. I simply nodded to which he seemed genuinely surprised at. Obviously he was used to people sticking his nose in his business.

Putting my hand on the handle, he reached out and put a hand on my shoulder, it was gentle but it sent such a strong shiver down my spine that he might as well as shoved me against the car door.
'You are the Tobe Donovan from Northing, aren't you?'

I nodded warily and he smiled, glancing out the window at my house. 'I see you around a lot. In Caro's, out and about.'

I furrowed my brows and resisted a manic laugh, 'sounds stalkerish.'
Eli chuckled and scratched his neck, his tanned long neck that I wanted to kiss really badly but I knew it would have evoked terrible feelings and mistakes and I would forever wallow in humiliation.
'I never knew your name.'

I scoffed playfully, 'nobody did. Actually, you probably knew me as Tubs or Tubby Tobe.'

He outright laughed at this that it had me laughing as well. It wasn't a funny thing to talk about, in fact it still kinda hurt when someone addressed me as that but the fact Eli found it thoroughly entertaining had me in hysterics right now.

'I heard of it but never knew it was you.' Eli wiped one of his eyes and took a moment to study me, his hand was still on my shoulder and he rubbed it.

I felt my stomach swirling and I stared into his eyes. I always knew he was beautiful but he was flawless up close. At only eighteen years old, he looked boyish with a manly, toned body. He was the perfect blend of boyfriend and I understood why so many girls bragged about shagging him.

'I gotta go.' I stammered and managed to get out of the car before I threw myself on top of him.
I went around the car and he wound the window down so he could talk to me. 'Did you wanna go out sometime?'

'I don't think that's a good idea,' I answered honestly as I spun my shoulder bag around my arm praying nothing fell out and that I was playing this hard to get thing cool.

It wasn't that I didn't want to go out with him, it was a little random. Before yesterday, I could only dream about being on a date with Eli.

He rubbed the back of his neck and looked awkward, I stopped walking backwards and waited for him to say something else.
'I'm working tomorrow night. Caro's you know. I'll get you and your friends in free if you come to Harlot's party with me afterward.'

I hadn't even known there was a party tomorrow night. The idea didn't appeal to me. I went to shake my head before I saw how hopeful he looked. I'd be the target of every teenage girl in Devonton if word got around that I'd refused a date with Eli. But going out with Eli tomorrow night would also put a bullseye on my forehead.

I swallowed and bit my lip, 'I wasn't at Jenna's party for a reason. I don't like parties.'

'Harlot's aren't as wild as Jen's. His parents are back the morning after, he will murder anyone who gets over the top,' Eli explained hopefully and leaned his muscular arms on the window, resting his chin on them, he looked like a little puppy.

'Alright fine,' I said reluctantly but inside I was screaming, I turned on my heel calling a 'I'm ordering the most expensive thing on the menu though,' over my shoulder before I slammed the front door closed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Author's Note

So, I got a picture of Eli Cadby - how I imagine he looks anyway. If you feel that you find it better without images and imagining your own characters then you don't have to click :) Please leave a comment on how you think it is.
http://favim.com/orig/201107/07/90210-boy-hot-igottapeenow.tumblr.com-liam-sexy-Favim.com-97749.jpg