Status: Updated almost daily depending on responses

Game

Game; 3

Just like every house in Brentwood, Devonton, London, England, it was entirely too small.

Even with only myself, my sister and my mum. Three girls, three bedrooms, one bathroom was never enough.
I'd been leaning against the front door for what felt like ages before my mum saw me from the living room, she was fully engrossed in one of her crime programmes. I was surprised to see her home.
'You're not working today?'

'No,' she said making room for me on the sofa, 'what's up with you?'

My mum and I didn't have a close relationship. Not as close as I'd liked anyway. We were just a little too different to ever have anything to talk about. The extent of our relationship was being in the same room for a couple of hours without arguing.

My sister on the other hand, fifteen and what I considered, bi-polar, couldn't be closer with Mum.
'I'm going out again tomorrow night.' I said taking my shoes off and tucking my legs underneath me.

I prayed she wouldn't say no or protest, I wasn't in the mood to argue, I was in too much of a good mood.
'Where?'

'Caro's.' I answered almost mechanically. She furrowed her brows in the corner of my eye and I wanted to roll my eyes.
'And then a party, I presume?'

I rested my head in my hands, 'don't start.'
'All these parties.'

'All these parties?' My tone was getting ruder and my voice louder, I stood now and grabbed my bag from the armchair from when I'd chucked it earlier. 'I never go to any parties because god forbid, Tubby Tobe goes to a Milwood party.'

I heard her try and get me to stop but I was already marching away. I passed my sister on the stairs who was chatting happily into the phone, my room being my only save haven here. I'd planned to move out once I finished school. Sixth Form in Devonton was for two people, richies and brainiacs.

And although I occasionally wore glasses and was pretty academic, I was neither one. I managed a whole year before I was thrown out on poor grades. I wanted nothing more than to go to University and study journalism.

I never told anyone though. An education in Devonton was for those in Milwood.
As I lay on my bed, trying to resume my normal life before any Eli happened, a text sounded from my mobile. It was Gabe.

HEARD WE'RE GOING TO CARO'S TOMORROW FOR FREE. WANNA TALK?

Before I could send a reply, she was calling me. She did that a lot. Prepared me before I got the full knockout conversation.
'You little sneak!' She squealed. It was quiet on the line so I assumed she was home.
I rolled my eyes, 'it's nothing.'

'It's practically a date,' she gushed, 'when Bonnie said you liked him I thought she was teasing.'
'She was.' I replied, 'I don't.'

She wasn't listening though. Gabe was like a pitbull. When she sank her teeth into something, she didn't let go and refused to listen to anything different.
'Tobe Donovan and Eli Cadby. Eli and Tobe. Ellison and October.'

'Stop giving us couple names,' I laughed at the expense of her excitement, 'it's not a date. It's a free meal for us and then a party afterward.'

She gasped, 'he invited you personally to Harlot's party? Are you gonna go?'

'If I don't then we don't get the food tomorrow for free.'

I heard her groan, 'oh the sacrifices you have to make,' her sarcasm was annoying, 'free food and a party with Eli, you have such a hard life.'
'Wait until Bonnie finds out.' I said not so sure about being the one to break the news. She'd been a bitch as of late and I was getting sick of her bullshit.

'I don't know what that girls problem is. Since she lost her V card, she's being a grump.'

I was glad Gabe agreed. Hanging up after a few more teasing comments concerning the party, I pondered on what to wear. This was new. This was different. I never got to sit around like a proper girl and have the agonizing decision on what to wear on.... well, was it a date?

I had to wear something comfortable considering I'd be in for a few hours. Casual enough for a house party but appropriate for a restaurant.

I had no doubt that everyone at the party would be dressed in slut attire but that wasn't mean. Taking a few items from my wardrobe I settled on a demin pair of shorts, black tights and a white off the shoulder shirt. Shoes would be my problem for tomorrow.

****

'I still cannot believe Eli is paying for us.' Bonnie couldn't stop talking about tonight, what she planned to do, eat, say. We caught a taxi to the restaurant because none of us wanted to leave our cars here while we went to the party.

Caro's was the only place in Devonton that was classy enough for adults but comfortable enough for teenagers. Eli got the job when he was back in school, I think that had only enhanced his popularity. According to stories, he was saving up for med school but I don't pin someone like Eli as a med student.

'Tobe. He's paying for us because of Tobe.' Gabe repeated for the umpteenth time but Bonnie only waved her hand.

As we got out of the cab she stuck her nose in the air over my outfit. As expected, the others wore tight dresses. I looked like an ugly duckling next to them but I couldn't care less.
'Eli is paying for dinner and taking us to the party and you're wearing that. No wonder you never go to parties.'

'Oh fuck off, Bon.' I muttered and she laughed. There was a hint of annoyance behind her supposed amused laugh though.
We walked inside, Keira bubbling next to Bonnie behind Gabe and I. The clinging of cutlery, the business talk mixed with the comfortable chatting of teenagers and the rare few rowdy crowds echoed.

'Name?' An elderly man stood with a large book in front of him like the movies. I hesitated before regaining my composure. The trick about Caro's was the act like you belong.
'Donovan. Tobe.'

A tense pause sounded before the man looked up at me warily, 'I only have an October written here.'
Of course Eli would use my full name. 'That's you?'

I nodded sheepishly and I flashed him ID along with the girls so that it was okay to drink alcohol while here before he escorted us to a pretty table near the back, a window along the wall and candlelights. I had a feeling Eli had some say where we sat tonight.

Of course, Bonnie and Keira sat beside eachother, too engrossed in their own conversation to involve themselves with us. Gabe looked around skeptically before her face lit up. I was sat on the end, between the window and Gabe not giving much room for me to turn around to see what she was looking at.
'Ladies?'

That's what she was looking at.

Eli stood looking absolutely perfect in the required white shirt and black trousers, a pen behind his ear half hidden by his still tousled hair and a notebook in his hand.
He was smiling widely and Bonnie practically swooned on the spot. I think she'd forgotten she wouldn't be sat here let alone even associating with Eli if it hadn't been for me but I didn't remind her.

The others wasted no time at all checking off what they wanted topped with a large vodka and coke for everyone. I studied the menu before laying eyes on the £67 steak and the £32 pasta. I smirked when I said it aloud and saw a hint of a smirk on the boy's face obviously not doubting for a second that I'd stick to my promise from yesterday.

I didn't miss the tut from Bonnie when I asked for an orange juice instead of alcohol. It wasn't that I didn't drink, I just preferred not to.

I mentally smacked myself when I was checking out Eli's bum when he was walking away.

'That boy is yummy.' Keira stated, licking her lips. We laughed briefly. Bonnie agreed instantly.
'You can say that again. Did you see the way he was looking at me?'

Catching Gabe's face I knew I wasn't the only one who disagreed with that. I hid myself behind the glass of complimentary water I was sipping when Gabe reminded our friend that a certain boyfriend would be at the party tonight.

It wasn't long before our food arrived, by a different waiter much to Bonnie's and even my disappointment. I was shocking myself at how much I longed to see him. It was unusual for me to get attention that Eli was giving me. I found myself enjoying it.

When we'd finished, Eli came back to reassure that the check had been taken care of. He caught sight of my untouched steak. 'You didn't like it?'

'I don't eat steak.' I stated with a serious expression watching his eyes flash with something that made between my legs heat up.

I found his semi angry expression rather sexy and I hated that. Eli didn't say anything though and instead turned his attention to everyone else. 'Party is in full swing, so I hear. I get off in ten minutes. Jamie is coming to pick us up in his truck - you ready?'

Everyone nodded. Harlot was known to having the best, tame parties. From Gabe's excitement I could tell she's hit it off quite well with the blonde boy.
As we shivered outside waiting for the ride and Eli to get off work, Bonnie and Keira smoked to the side, I decided it was a good opportunity to talk to her about it.
'So you like this kid, huh?'

Gabe flushed and winked at me, 'he's nice.'
'Don't rush into anything.' I warned like I always do knowing my warning will go through one ear and out the other like always.

Gabe only smiled before she poked me in the arm and stepped backwards. Eli came out of the doors throwing a black leather jacket on. I saw he'd changed into a pair of jeans and the white button shirt was unbuttoned to show a light blue tank underneath. He pulled it off well.

'Ride's here.' He smiled and I turned to see Bonnie and Keira running quickly towards the grey SUV. It was near 10pm now, it was getting cold. I wanted to rub it in Bonnie's face that I wasn't as cold what with my tights but I refrained.

As I went to step into the SUV, I felt a hand on my lower back. A tingle once again jumped up my spine causing me to almost fall on my face in the vehicle. Bonnie had shotgun while we were all forced to sit in the back.

I turned around once I was inside to see Eli smiling gently. I wanted to stroke where he'd touched me to ensure it wasn't burned. Gabe smiled knowingly from opposite me. Eli sat beside me, legs touching and arm bumping into mine occasionally.

Bonnie turned around frequently to talk with us but Keira was too busy talking very loudly about random stuff. I had a feeling the two vodka's she'd consumed was beginning to take it's toll on her.
'She always like that?' Eli leaned down to whisper in my ear, his hot breath tickling my neck, I wanted to kiss his face off, feel his luscious lips between my own.

'Pretty much,' I breathed out only managing those two words.

I didn't know what was wrong with me. Never before had I felt so... different around a boy. I was pretty sure if he told me to strip, I would in a second and that scared me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 3 :D I didn't expect to get hundreds of readers overnight or anything, in fact I'm not expecting to get that many at all but I really enjoy this story and hope you will enjoy reading it too :)