Status: Updated almost daily depending on responses

Game

Game; 4

Eli had been right about the tame party. That's not to say there wasn't a hell of a lot of smoking and alcohol around but the music wasn't that loud which meant the authorities couldn't involve themselves and people weren't all hovered around the upstairs bedrooms. It looked like an actual place to socialize.
I hadn't heard much of Harlot before we met yesterday at the park. I knew he seemed Gabe's type which must be good. I'd heard of Oliver and Jamie being rather irresponsible when it came to parties and dabbling in crime.
Eli was the last to enter the house following behind me as I followed Gabe. Immediately, she was embraced by the host.
Harlot was tall, not as tall as most boys, he was blonde and had shocking blue eyes. Harlot Price was the stereotypical example of tall, hot, blonde.
With an arm slung around my red headed friends shoulder, he faced Eli and me with a friendly smile. 'Nice to know you made it.' He turned his eyes towards me, 'not usual I see you around Tubs.'
I looked away distastefully, clicking my tongue already annoyed at how I was being welcomed. I knew he didn't mean it. It was habit for almost everyone.
Before I could defend myself though, Eli stepped in putting a strong arm around my waist as if he was afraid I'd turn around and leave through the door. 'Don't call her that, Lot. She aint fourteen anymore.'
Laughing, Harlot put his arms up, nodding an apology before guiding himself and Gabe towards the drinks.
Bonnie and Keira had already began to mingle and I mentally scoffed when I saw Bonnie flinging herself around Rylan.
'Wanna get a drink?' Eli asked, his arm still around my waist. I hadn't moved away from it but I wasn't about to obey his every request.
'Are you going to get me water?' I looked up into his amused eyes and he looked away briefly with a grin.
'Okay, okay, I was gonna put some poison in you. Any harm in that? You're eighteen, right?'
It stung to know he couldn't remember we'd left school together, he was in my year all through the school days.
Glancing around the hall I saw most people escaping into several rooms. Braving myself, I removed Eli's arm from my waist and walked to the kitchen. I didn't expect him to follow and I was proved right when I didn't see him behind me. The kitchen was rather large filled with drink and party food. Although the food wasn't really being noticed considering the amount of it was disproportionate next to the decreasing amount of alcohol.
Many people were scattered, sat on the counter, sat on stools, hovering by the fridge. There was a backdoor leading out to the incredibly large garden where most people were smoking.
I decided that even though I didn't smoke, it was my only way of escape from the overcrowded house. I was able to find a spot on the wooden patio, it was higher than the garden and I was able to dangle my feet off the edge as some steps beside me lead down to the grass.
The smokers were minding their own business. I didn't even recognize anyone from being around Devonton which was a good thing because they couldn't look at me disapprovingly.
The air was cool and I shivered due to my bare arms being on display. The garden stretched on for a while, a wooden shed at the bottom, bikes were neatly stood off to the side. More people went in than came out and soon enough it was only me out here as the night dragged on. I wasn't upset that nobody had tried to find me. I was a little relieved I'd gathered the courage to even come. Even if I wasn't inside, it still counted.
'There you are.'
His voice made my heart involuntarily skip but I furrowed my brows at his intrusion into my world.
'Here I am,' I said boredly and turned my head to see he was shutting the glass door behind him. He took a seat next to me, his black jacket in his hand.
Thankfully he didn't sit too close obviously understanding I wasn't too excited about being here. He simply smiled and handed me his jacket. It lay limp on my lap and I looked from it to his emerald eyes before tilting my head in confusion. 'Hold it yourself.' I went to throw it back before he let out a deep raspy laugh.
'No, wear it you douche. You're cold.'
I went to protest and deny his statement until the icy wind blew through my hair and made goosebumps appear. Trying to ignore the musky manly smell it had, I put my small arms through the heavy jacket and hugged it to me. I looked twelve and fat again. Suffocating in this huge jacket. Eli Cadby's jacket to be exact.
We sat in silence and it was strangely comfortable. It was getting quieter inside and I swung my legs back and forth in peace.
Obviously, Eli didn't like the quiet. 'I didn't know Bonnie was Rylan's girl.'
Nobody did, I thought but only shrugged. Eli wasn't having that and attempted another angle of conversation.
'Do you prefer October or Tobe?... Or Toby?'
'Tobe is fine.' I bit, 'although you put my full name down tonight at Caro's.'
He looked away towards the distance, seeming deep in thought, 'I like October. Suits you.'
'How so?' I asked genuinely interested in how he thought the Autumn month suited me. He'd only began talking to me two days ago. He didn't know me.
He braced his hands on the wooden barrier above our heads, I couldn't reach it but I wasn't too upset at the view that was display. His muscles stretching over his shirt as his biceps were eye level with me.
'Autumn is my favourite month. Not too cold but cold enough for those midnight bonfires, fireworks, Halloween, it's completely random. Calm. Like you.' He looked at me now and I had to look away from his intense gaze. My heart was racing in my chest. The supposed man whore, rich, arrogant pig Eli was exposing a side of himself to me that I actually liked.
'I'm not random.' Was the only thing I could say and I laughed slightly, 'in fact, I would argue that I'm the complete opposite.'
Eli put his hands back down on his lap but he turned his body so he had a knee up on the ledge, he was completely facing me now and I felt insecure under his eyes.
'I don't know why I didn't notice you in Northing. I know I would have.' He grinned, showing his teeth and my breath caught as he reaches up, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. I stared into his eyes deeply, as if I was trying to look through him. I wasn't even comprehending the fact he might be lying. That I'd noticed him in school and he had looked at me several times while we were there and he had in fact, never noticed me.
His warm palm brushed my jaw before brushing my cheek and I felt them heat up as I fluttered my eyes closed, overwhelmed with these peculiar but welcome feelings.
Eli didn't move his hand from my face and I felt myself leaning into his palm before our moment was shatted - shards of time just crumbled, landing on the porch around us in disorientation. I pulled back as Eli turned around sharply at the sound of the door opening.
Bonnie stood, wide eyed and mouth in an ugly 'o' shape which she seemed she couldn't decide whether she was finding this funny or shocking.
'Oh my Gosh - were you two kissing?!' She squealed and we could see the guests behind her look this way suddenly interested. She didn't bother to shut the door behind her allowing the nosey eyes to look on. She stood in the doorway, laughing as I struggled to get up. Eli was already on his feet, breathing heavily as if he were annoyed. He didn't say a word as he put out his hand to help me up. I considered not taking it, deciding not to make this worse but I didn't. The look in his eyes seemed like genuine disappointment. Did he want to kiss me?
He let go of my hand as soon as I was steady but the weight around my shoulders reminded me I was still wearing his jacket. I could see why a crowd was gathering behind Bonnie.
'We weren't doing anything.' I said sharply, taking the jacket off and handing it back to Eli who shrugged it on, his shoulders flexing.
The wind once again battered my skin and I shivered. But I feel it was more from embarrassment than cold. Bonnie still stood with accusing eyes and she glanced behind her as Keira and Gabe made their way through the crowd.
Harlot appeared, easily stepping around Bonnie and towards Eli where he smacked his back playfully. 'If Eli wants to hook up at my party, he can.'
'We weren't hooking up.' Eli answered before I could and I could see his jaw tensing. He didn't appreciate this crowd any more than I did.
I went to move into the house before Bonnie stepped in my way.
'Get out of my way, Bonnie,' I said tired of tonight and this whole situation. But she didn't move. I felt eyes on me as people waited in anticipation of what would happen. Bonnie was known around town for temper problems, I'd always managed to avoid a confrontation with her. Except apparently now.
'Move.' I stated more confidently.
Her grey eyes were selfish, mean and I knew whatever she was thinking of saying wasn't going to do much for whatever new reputation I had around here. Eli's fling. Eli's slut. You name it, it will be on Facebook tomorrow morning.
'It's not like anything would happen,' Bonnie smirked as she said it aloud for everyone present to hear, 'she's a little virgin Mary.'
The gasps blended into some laughter and mutters of 'I knew she was.'
I wasn't ashamed of being a virgin but in front of the popular boy who gives me attention, his friends, my friends and the hundreds of people who I saw almost every day around town - I felt like sinking into the wood beneath my feet. My cheeks were burning and my eyes felt fresh with the tears of humiliation.
'Fucking bitch.' I shook my head incredulously at the girl I'd called my friend. Keira and Gabe stood silently, I saw Gabe shake her head though and nodded at her as I pushed past Bonnie, through the still mumbling crowd and out the front door vowing never to get sucked into a house party ever again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I got my first comment - thank you humanik and thank you to bad gal for the recommendation.
I'm glad to know I have some readers! :)
If you want more links to pictures of anybody, let me know.